Macan 2014-Current

Electronic Throttle Hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2022, 02:01 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 963 Likes on 643 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
The manufacturers claim that these devices do not void the warranty. From a practical standpoint, the ECU is not “remapped” therefore it’s not detectable.
Correct just unplug/remove it before going to the dealer. No one would know. As stated above it writes nothing to the ECU.

That being said, the way it works, I don't see why it would be viewed as doing any damage. All it is doing is essentially tricking the computer to think you are pushing the gas pedal down 1/2 way when you are only actually pushing it down 1/4 of the way (it happens in a more sophisticated way than that but effectively that's what it does).

Last edited by Nickshu; 05-12-2022 at 02:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
patrickoleas (05-12-2022)
Old 05-24-2022, 11:42 AM
rchaas
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 51 Posts

I have resisted adding one of these throttle map optimizers on my Macan GTS for five years, but decided to go ahead. Added sprint booster, running normal mode at 8, and love it. It is not life changing, but removes that initial lag during acceleration that requires more pedal than desired with a resultant bit of over acceleration. Now, just smooth, linear and more immediate.

I am going to leave it connected and turn off for next service, see if i get any comments from dealer next time its in...they don't like any electronic aftermarket gizmos, whether they appear on their scans or not (at our local dealer anyway). Or remove, its just once a year anyway.
Old 05-25-2022, 08:48 AM
mvmojo
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts

I've had my 2018 Macan GTS with a Pedal Commander into the dealer several times. All I do is use the Bluetooth app to turn the Pedal Commander off so that the car drives as "stock". The actual device is hidden up above the brake pedal and can't be seen without some serious contortionist looking. Never had a comment from the dealer one way or the other, I'm sure they don't even know it's there.

Quick Reply: Electronic Throttle Hesitation