Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Buying a Macan S

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2022, 10:31 AM
crunch527
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have been wanting a Macan for a few years now and have been following the market. 18months ago, I thought it made sense to consider a low mile CPO Macan.

Today (In my view), the margin of victory between used and new is not enough to offset the risk on buying used.

Even with CPO, to me it makes sense to spend the extra $10-15K to buy a new one, that I order to my liking, that doesn’t have any owner history (probably the most important part).

That said, I still haven’t ordered one yet
Old 03-20-2022, 11:28 AM
CapitalAL
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by crunch527
I have been wanting a Macan for a few years now and have been following the market. 18months ago, I thought it made sense to consider a low mile CPO Macan.

Today (In my view), the margin of victory between used and new is not enough to offset the risk on buying used.

Even with CPO, to me it makes sense to spend the extra $10-15K to buy a new one, that I order to my liking, that doesn’t have any owner history (probably the most important part).

That said, I still haven’t ordered one yet
I have also been in the market for well over a year and like you said as of right now buying used would not make sense. Around here a low miles, 1-2 year old CPO Macan is is about $5k less than a new one and that is without the new 2.9 L engine which just by itself it worth about $5k over the old 3.0 L. I think I am going to finally go pull the trigger and order one within the next few months.
Old 03-21-2022, 03:54 PM
Grey Coupe
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigdogbob
2022 model is superior to 2021 model as well. That’s why I passed on the 2021’s at the dealership back in November and ordered a 2022. But I am frustrated that I ordered it on November 30 and it still hasn’t gotten here.
What was your first ETA? I ordered in September, and told 8 April when I ordered it. My current ETA is now 28 April, my eighth expected at the dealer date. So after all this drama, it looks as if I may get it the month promised. That's amazing.

It has been frustrating because only one of those dates came with an unneeded explanation of why [Ukraine invasion].

With all that is going on in this world, I refuse to let myself get wrapped around my axle over something I have less than zero control. Hope your car [and mine] come soon.

Pray for peace.
Old 03-21-2022, 04:11 PM
Bigdogbob
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Grey Coupe
What was your first ETA? I ordered in September, and told 8 April when I ordered it. My current ETA is now 28 April, my eighth expected at the dealer date. So after all this drama, it looks as if I may get it the month promised. That's amazing.

It has been frustrating because only one of those dates came with an unneeded explanation of why [Ukraine invasion].

With all that is going on in this world, I refuse to let myself get wrapped around my axle over something I have less than zero control. Hope your car [and mine] come soon.

Pray for peace.
i don’t know anymore. Mine is on the SFL Composer which is just now passing Miami on its way to Houston. Unfortunately, the Composer hit a bad storm in the North Atlantic and some of the vehicles were damaged. I don’t know if mine was or not. My SA says he doesn’t yet know if mine was damaged or not. My original ETA was to take delivery in Nashville on 4/8. Now they aren’t sure. Every car is getting pulled off and hand inspected for damage since the shipping company is responsible for any damage until VW/Audi/Porsche takes delivery on Houston.
Old 03-21-2022, 04:59 PM
Grey Coupe
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Good luck. It may well be undamaged on the same boat.
Old 03-28-2022, 02:54 PM
ajeffrey10
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 34 Posts

Just ordered a 22 Macan S today. Dealer is quoting Mid-July delivery. No mark up on MSRP...fwiw

Will keep the forum posted.
The following users liked this post:
MrMarco (03-28-2022)
Old 03-28-2022, 04:41 PM
Bigdogbob
Advanced

Originally Posted by ajeffrey10
Just ordered a 22 Macan S today. Dealer is quoting Mid-July delivery. No mark up on MSRP...fwiw

Will keep the forum posted.
good luck to you sir. I hope it comes quickly. I believe the acceleration on the 22 is understated by Porsche as well. Or would it be over stated? Car and Driver tested the 2021 Macan GTS, which had the same HP, Torque and gear ratios as the 2022 Macan S and their testing had it at 4.1 without sport chrono. So I believe the 2022 S should have similar stats.
Old 03-28-2022, 04:54 PM
ajeffrey10
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigdogbob
good luck to you sir. I hope it comes quickly. I believe the acceleration on the 22 is understated by Porsche as well. Or would it be over stated? Car and Driver tested the 2021 Macan GTS, which had the same HP, Torque and gear ratios as the 2022 Macan S and their testing had it at 4.1 without sport chrono. So I believe the 2022 S should have similar stats.
My understanding is the that the 22 S is the 21 GTS. I drove a base, which is noticeably slower than my 2015 Audi SQ5. I'd have to think the S will make a big difference.

The difference between a base 991.1 C2 and C2S is significant.
Old 03-28-2022, 05:22 PM
Bigdogbob
Advanced

Originally Posted by ajeffrey10
My understanding is the that the 22 S is the 21 GTS. I drove a base, which is noticeably slower than my 2015 Audi SQ5. I'd have to think the S will make a big difference.

The difference between a base 991.1 C2 and C2S is significant.
yup. That is what I have read and seen too. I did a little more digging just to be sure but everything I have seen says that is the case. It’s not going to keep up with your 2 seater Porsches or pretty much any Porsche with Turbo in the name, but it should be fun to drive while carrying the kids to soccer practice. In hindsight I wish I had added the air suspension but the PASM it comes standard with should be decent enough.
Old 03-29-2022, 10:03 PM
Giovanni
Race Car

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I can only speak for the Birmingham, AL market. Macans are not easy to come by here.

As of 3/28, two are going to be available in the next 3 months. The first one is to be delivered around mid to end of April and it's blue. The other Macan will arrive somewhere in July and can be ordered any way you want. Macans are mostly pre-sold and are not as easy to come by as people may think.

Quick Reply: Buying a Macan S