Macan 2014-Current

Question for 2022 Macan owners-12v outlets

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2024, 06:31 PM
Midnight Blue
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by subwoofer
Man that is a relief. Can’t drive without my Uniden R7. And to hook up my Porsche charger.
Anyone been able to find the correct part number for that rubber mat that conceals the 12V socket? I want to cut a hole in one so that the socket is usable. Can't find it in the parts schematics.

Last edited by Midnight Blue; 07-01-2024 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Add pic
The following users liked this post:
dak911 (07-01-2024)
Old 07-01-2024, 07:18 PM
dak911
Three Wheelin'

Received 153 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnight Blue
Anyone been able to find the correct part number for that rubber mat that conceals the 12V socket? I want to cut a hole in one so that the socket is usable. Can't find it in the parts schematics.
Is there a "mat" fot the smoking package one?
Old 07-01-2024, 10:18 PM
flyau98
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Just to bring back up… I couldn’t get my R7 to work in my moms with the insulated windshield.
Old 07-03-2024, 12:40 AM
JCtx
Three Wheelin'

Received 174 Likes on 126 Posts

We bought a '18 Sport Edition new, and it didn't have that 'mat' over the 12V socket. The '22 GTS CPO fortunately does. Looks MUCH better with it. Good idea to just make a hole in it if you need it constantly.
Old 07-03-2024, 08:02 AM
WillinEvergreen
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

I thought there was a void near the top center of the windshield adjacent to the mirror that a radar detector would work. To test, find a known emitter such as a grocery store or what have you, and hold the detector outside the open window to confirm. Then, just move the detector in the area of the void to confirm placement. Good luck.
Old 07-03-2024, 09:55 AM
flyau98
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by WillinEvergreen
I thought there was a void near the top center of the windshield adjacent to the mirror that a radar detector would work. To test, find a known emitter such as a grocery store or what have you, and hold the detector outside the open window to confirm. Then, just move the detector in the area of the void to confirm placement. Good luck.
I had it jammed as far up as I could get it in that little dotted area. It was silent for a 10 hour trip.

I haven’t messed with it further…but it was in that area as best as I could get it with the small suction cup mount.
Old 07-03-2024, 03:47 PM
JCtx
Three Wheelin'

Received 174 Likes on 126 Posts

Hey guys, while on the radar detector subject, my '22 GTS CPO came with a 'K40' remotely installed already. It has a little remote, but nothing visual (I was hoping it would light up the mirror, but it doesn't). It seems to be connected via Bluetooth, and besides squawking, it also talks. Wondering how good that thing is. Does anybody know? Also need to search for instructions, as the remote has some initials I don't recognize. Plus it seems to be connected via Bluetooth, so if dealer had done a full reset, it'd had wiped it out, most likely. Need to know how to redo it, in case the battery gets disconnected, or something. Thanks. Finally, I was going to buy one of the new V1s, but the car has windshield ceramic tint (works awesome here in hot TX), and maybe it wouldn't work well, so it was good to have the K40. But I was used to see the arrows, and intensity, to know how far (or close) radar was. Hope the K40 at least has good range.
Old 07-04-2024, 07:23 AM
WillinEvergreen
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Maybe the detector is in the wrong place. Try the grocery store test, you might find the opening in an unexpected area. Good luck!
Old 07-05-2024, 06:03 PM
Long Islander
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JCtx
Hey guys, while on the radar detector subject, my '22 GTS CPO came with a 'K40' remotely installed already. It has a little remote, but nothing visual (I was hoping it would light up the mirror, but it doesn't). It seems to be connected via Bluetooth, and besides squawking, it also talks. Wondering how good that thing is. Does anybody know? Also need to search for instructions, as the remote has some initials I don't recognize. Plus it seems to be connected via Bluetooth, so if dealer had done a full reset, it'd had wiped it out, most likely. Need to know how to redo it, in case the battery gets disconnected, or something. Thanks. Finally, I was going to buy one of the new V1s, but the car has windshield ceramic tint (works awesome here in hot TX), and maybe it wouldn't work well, so it was good to have the K40. But I was used to see the arrows, and intensity, to know how far (or close) radar was. Hope the K40 at least has good range.
I had the K40 Calibre with wireless remote on two of my cars which I've since sold/traded in. The K40 stays on the last setting that you put it in (highway, city, volume high or volume low), even if the remote is not in the car. I had lights in the dash on both cars, but you really don't need the lights. There's a sequence of sounds that you get when you start up the car. On one car, I had a front radar detector as well as a rear, which was unnecessary, and annoying since you got the false alarms approaching the radar emission and going away from it. On both cars, I had a K40 system that also included a laser jammer which worked very well. Unfortunately, you couldn't just turn on the laser jammer and turn off the annoying falsing radar detector. Around here, a radar detector is pretty much useless since speed detection is done via laser anyway. Back when the price of a laser unit was much hingher, most local PDs used radar because a laser unit cost too much for thier budget. Now that laser units are much cheaper, they seem to just buy lasers. The thing with laser jamming is that it has to be permanently mounted to the car. The radar detectors that also have a laser DETECTOR are useless for detecting laser, as laser, unlike radar, hardly scatters at all. If you get a laser detector warning and you're speeding, it's too late to slow down. The only defense against laser is to jam it.

Last edited by Long Islander; 07-05-2024 at 06:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Question for 2022 Macan owners-12v outlets