Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Gentian Blue ext. with Bordeaux Red int. ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2021, 10:48 PM
Hemi Cuda
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This summer I bought by first Porsche, a '17 Macan GTS in Silver with the full red leather interior. I just fell in love with the red interior and that was why I bought it. In the year I spent looking at various Macans rarely would I find the full red leather package. I really wanted the electric blue color but the package never came up. Get the Blue/Red, likely you will never see another combo like that on the road!
The following users liked this post:
Blu311 (11-05-2021)
Old 11-08-2021, 10:15 AM
alanek
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Wolfe
I am torn between this combo and chalk/bordeaux. I change my mind every day!!

Mr. Wolfe
I'm starting to like the Gentian

Same dilemma. As my last m19S was Chalk/ Black/Bordeaux Red which got more compliments than any color I've ever had. Ordering a 2022, originally was going with the same color combo, but I've never had the same color twice Wanted Papaya but wife nixed it. Now looking at Gentian with same interior.

Greg Wolfe (11-09-2021)
Old 11-09-2021, 01:28 PM
Greg Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 541 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by alanek
I'm starting to like the Gentian

Same dilemma. As my last m19S was Chalk/ Black/Bordeaux Red which got more compliments than any color I've ever had. Ordering a 2022, originally was going with the same color combo, but I've never had the same color twice Wanted Papaya but wife nixed it. Now looking at Gentian with same interior.

Very nice! Can't go wrong either way in my opinion.

Mr. Wolfe
Old 11-09-2021, 06:00 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 906 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by Tpup
How many blue/red cars do you see on the road?

I ask because while I believe that you should get what you want you should keep in mind that when you go to sell it you are going to take a huge hit on it unless you find another rare person that likes that combo. Gray/red, black/red, even white/red, will sell. IMO you are going to have a hard time selling a blue/red in the US unless you materially discount to market.
Because only fun cars can pull off such color combos. I watched my local dealer get a Sapphire blue over garnett red GTS and sold it within a week of listing for full MSRP. I ran into the buyer and asked how much he paid. I picked Sapphire blue over red/black myself. If I hypothetically had to discount it $5-$10K more than an identical car other than the colors when I'm selling it in however many years down the road, I honestly wouldn't care because the joy that I've gotten out of it in the last 4 years has been more than worth it to me. I've sold 3 other blue cars before where color was a non-factor. Most cars on the road are silvers and grays and white with black interiors because that's what most dealerships order for their inventory and most people just buy what's available. Most dealers mainly order these neutral colors because pretty much every married couple can agree on those colors being acceptable so these are the easiest things to sell on a Saturday afternoon. But go to a Porsche meet and you'll see a pretty good mix of colors combinations because a large number of Porsches are customer orders regardless of model. Up until the mid-70's when ordering cars was commonplace, cars were in all kinds of bright and fun colors inside and out. Then the mega-lots became popular as people wanted their cars immediately and the wealth divide grew in the 80's so many people didn't want to be seen in bright cars as they were thought of as being showy. 10-20 years ago, I'd say you were 100% right. But colors are now making a come back. Look on auction sites like Bring a Trailer and see how cars with fun exterior and interior colors get more bids. With internet car buying opening the market to the entire country and not just your local 20 mile radius, the less common color combos are finding their audience.

Last edited by rasetsu; 11-09-2021 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-10-2021, 09:19 AM
Greg Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 541 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by rasetsu
Because only fun cars can pull off such color combos. I watched my local dealer get a Sapphire blue over garnett red GTS and sold it within a week of listing for full MSRP. I ran into the buyer and asked how much he paid. I picked Sapphire blue over red/black myself. If I hypothetically had to discount it $5-$10K more than an identical car other than the colors when I'm selling it in however many years down the road, I honestly wouldn't care because the joy that I've gotten out of it in the last 4 years has been more than worth it to me. I've sold 3 other blue cars before where color was a non-factor. Most cars on the road are silvers and grays and white with black interiors because that's what most dealerships order for their inventory and most people just buy what's available. Most dealers mainly order these neutral colors because pretty much every married couple can agree on those colors being acceptable so these are the easiest things to sell on a Saturday afternoon. But go to a Porsche meet and you'll see a pretty good mix of colors combinations because a large number of Porsches are customer orders regardless of model. Up until the mid-70's when ordering cars was commonplace, cars were in all kinds of bright and fun colors inside and out. Then the mega-lots became popular as people wanted their cars immediately and the wealth divide grew in the 80's so many people didn't want to be seen in bright cars as they were thought of as being showy. 10-20 years ago, I'd say you were 100% right. But colors are now making a come back. Look on auction sites like Bring a Trailer and see how cars with fun exterior and interior colors get more bids. With internet car buying opening the market to the entire country and not just your local 20 mile radius, the less common color combos are finding their audience.
You are right. I have been into e46 M3's for the past 20 years. The rare color combo, low mileage cars bring a HUGE premium over anything else. At the time of ordering these cars, everyone thought people were nuts. This most likely being the last ICE Macan may have a small cult following someday. Silver/Black/White cars will almost always sell quicker, but rarely at a premium. Hell, try to price a Mint or Rubystone 911 - those colors were "gastly" to the public when they came out. Now, you better have a big checkbook. I have always loved colors, especially on special vehicles.

Mr. Wolfe
rasetsu (11-10-2021)
Old 07-24-2022, 05:22 PM
johnbplus9
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Hi friends, joining this thread if anyone is still looking at it. Will be ordering a base Boxster as soon as the supply chain is closer to normal and allocations are available. My local dealer is telling me 2023. I've pretty much settled on Gentian Blue, Black/Bordeaux as my favorite color combo. Brushed stainless interior trim. Stunning and don't believe it will look like "too much" out in town. (also dearly love Fjord Green or Aetna Blue with black/Luxor beige, but won't spring for PTS).

Quick Reply: Gentian Blue ext. with Bordeaux Red int. ???