Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Gentian Blue ext. with Bordeaux Red int. ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2021, 04:53 PM
Greg Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 541 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
Saw it in person on a 911 once and it was gorgeous. It’s not for everyone…I get it.
I have not seen bordeaux in person, but I know I am ordering the Macan GTS in one of these two color combos.

Mr. Wolfe
Old 11-02-2021, 05:07 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 310 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Wolfe
I have not seen bordeaux in person, but I know I am ordering the Macan GTS in one of these two color combos.

Mr. Wolfe
Can’t go wrong either way. Gentian blue changes color under different light, which is very cool. With Chalk, the contrasting colors really pop. I had a 991.2 GTS in Chalk and absolutely loved it. All personal choice. Nice to have first world problems.
The following 2 users liked this post by luv2sleep:
Greg Wolfe (11-02-2021), Nj99 (08-04-2022)
Old 11-02-2021, 05:09 PM
Greg Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Can’t go wrong either way. Gentian blue changes color under different light, which is very cool. With Chalk, the contrasting colors really pop. I had a 991.2 GTS in Chalk and absolutely loved it. All personal choice. Nice to have first world problems.
Great, so you had a Chalk Porsche. Would you mind elaborating on your experience with the color? I am assuming it was very easy to keep clean and/or dry without spots?

Mr. Wolfe
Old 11-02-2021, 06:20 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Great, so you had a Chalk Porsche. Would you mind elaborating on your experience with the color? I am assuming it was very easy to keep clean and/or dry without spots?

Mr. Wolfe
As you know, lighter the color the easier it is to maintain. I had a long run with black cars and though black looks sharp when they’re clean, the upkeep is a PITA. Not all P-cars look good in Chalk, JMHO, the 91s, , Panameras, and Macans look good in Chalk. And yes, Chalk was easy to keep looking clean! My wife also loves Chalk and her next car will most likely be in Chalk.
Old 11-02-2021, 10:09 PM
Greg Wolfe
Rennlist Member

As you know, lighter the color the easier it is to maintain. I had a long run with black cars and though black looks sharp when they’re clean, the upkeep is a PITA. Not all P-cars look good in Chalk, JMHO, the 91s, , Panameras, and Macans look good in Chalk. And yes, Chalk was easy to keep looking clean! My wife also loves Chalk and her next car will most likely be in Chalk.
Just saw a Chalk/Bordeaux Cayenne and it was lovely. Just got my freeze date of December 8 and my dealership delivery of March 18.

Mr. Wolfe
The following users liked this post:
luv2sleep (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 04:14 AM
David0413
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 61 Posts

This is the exact color combo I ordered. How Im not sure whether it looks better with the full red or just the seats.
Old 11-03-2021, 09:30 AM
Canes78
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Blue and Red Interior

Well I think it will look awesome. I just placed my order for a 2022 GTS Macan in Miami Blue with the red interior. Let's hope we are both right.

Originally Posted by Nisreen78
Hi all,
New to Porsche world. just put my order for Macan S 2022 with delivery date estimated in April 2022. Still have one week for closing/confirming the order's spec. Wondering if Gentian Blue Exterior goes well with Extended leather in Black and Bordeaux Red interior!!.. picture below ..

I noticed that GB has a slightly purple hues! does that goes well/nice with the Extended leather in Bordeaux Red??
Also, I have seen the GB color on 911 but haven't seen it on larger cars !! what do you think? too much flashy exterior? too much Red interior? I'M VERY CONFUSED!

Thanks ..

pic from Porsche site. I believe color is a bit different in reality.
Old 11-03-2021, 08:48 PM
Tpup
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 150 Posts

How many blue/red cars do you see on the road?

I ask because while I believe that you should get what you want you should keep in mind that when you go to sell it you are going to take a huge hit on it unless you find another rare person that likes that combo. Gray/red, black/red, even white/red, will sell. IMO you are going to have a hard time selling a blue/red in the US unless you materially discount to market.
Old 11-03-2021, 10:07 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tpup
How many blue/red cars do you see on the road?

I ask because while I believe that you should get what you want you should keep in mind that when you go to sell it you are going to take a huge hit on it unless you find another rare person that likes that combo. Gray/red, black/red, even white/red, will sell. IMO you are going to have a hard time selling a blue/red in the US unless you materially discount to market.
You have a valid point. Most people prefer the boring black interiors and some common lite exterior color. Don't get me wrong, I like black interiors in certain cars as I own a few. Just count how many white cars are out on the road. Heck, we even own a white SUV...guilty!
I personally don't worry about the future owner of my car and I'll order what suits my taste. Life is short and to each his own. Though the Macan isn't a trophy P-car, there are enough Porsche buyers looking for these color combos out there and I have a feeling that they won't be too difficult to sell. JMHO.

Last edited by luv2sleep; 11-03-2021 at 10:11 PM.
rasetsu (11-09-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 05:44 AM
K U L
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agree. Also, the Bordeaux interior is absolutely stunning in my opinion.

Mr. Wolfe
Awesome
Old 11-04-2021, 10:01 AM
Canes78
Rennlist Member

With Porsche some of the seemingly odd colors are highly desirable. Miami Blue is one of my favorites and the bordeaux interior is gorgeous. But since this is a Macan and not a 911 I am not that concerned about it. I did run it by a couple of the guys at the dealer and they all think it will be gorgeous. It isn't locked yet so I still may chicken out. I have no concern about the darker blues with the bordeaux, only the miami blue. I have seen the other blues with it and they are great.
Old 11-04-2021, 11:00 AM
Greg Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Canes78
With Porsche some of the seemingly odd colors are highly desirable. Miami Blue is one of my favorites and the bordeaux interior is gorgeous. But since this is a Macan and not a 911 I am not that concerned about it. I did run it by a couple of the guys at the dealer and they all think it will be gorgeous. It isn't locked yet so I still may chicken out. I have no concern about the darker blues with the bordeaux, only the miami blue. I have seen the other blues with it and they are great.
Miami Blue is absolutely gorgeous. I have a Miami Blue 964. I also agree that the Bordeaux interior is gorgeous. Miami/Bordeaux is definitely going to be a head-turner. By that I mean, love it or hate it, but it will turn everyone's heads for one of those reasons. Too bad Porsche didn't offer a more "cinnamon" color interior as that would fit Miami better. Either way, don't buy the car to appease the next buyer.

Mr. Wolfe
The following 3 users liked this post by Greg Wolfe:
Blu311 (11-05-2021), drgav2005 (11-09-2021), rasetsu (11-09-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 11:14 AM
Canes78
Rennlist Member

I saw that yours was miami blue. Love the car and the color. And I agree, I am buying it for me. There will always be a home for a beautiful car.
Old 11-04-2021, 05:37 PM
spraguedawley
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 55 Posts

Miami Blue is absolutely gorgeous. I have a Miami Blue 964. I also agree that the Bordeaux interior is gorgeous. Miami/Bordeaux is definitely going to be a head-turner. By that I mean, love it or hate it, but it will turn everyone's heads for one of those reasons. Too bad Porsche didn't offer a more "cinnamon" color interior as that would fit Miami better. Either way, don't buy the car to appease the next buyer.

Mr. Wolfe
holy crap. what a beautiful car. if you ever want to sell let me know
Greg Wolfe (11-04-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 08:21 PM
Tpup
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 150 Posts

You have a valid point. Most people prefer the boring black interiors and some common lite exterior color. Don't get me wrong, I like black interiors in certain cars as I own a few. Just count how many white cars are out on the road. Heck, we even own a white SUV...guilty!
I personally don't worry about the future owner of my car and I'll order what suits my taste. Life is short and to each his own. Though the Macan isn't a trophy P-car, there are enough Porsche buyers looking for these color combos out there and I have a feeling that they won't be too difficult to sell. JMHO.

Quick Reply: Gentian Blue ext. with Bordeaux Red int. ???