Notices
Macan 2014-Current

race tex headliner

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2021 | 01:26 AM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Default race tex headliner

I'm currently configuring a new GTS and I wanted to know if you get the race tex headliner do the sun visors also come in that material? Or is it the plastic? Wanted to know since I hate that plastic material and if that's the case I'll just opt for the leather ones.
Old 05-13-2021 | 01:42 AM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jem7v
I'm currently configuring a new GTS and I wanted to know if you get the race tex headliner do the sun visors also come in that material? Or is it the plastic? Wanted to know since I hate that plastic material and if that's the case I'll just opt for the leather ones.
Nope, sun visors will still be in the vinyl covering.
Old 05-13-2021 | 07:39 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

My dealership now told me the race tex headliner is not currently available because some options are not available due to the shortages. Has anyone else been told this?
Old 05-14-2021 | 02:16 PM
ZG911
Instructor

Originally Posted by jem7v
My dealership now told me the race tex headliner is not currently available because some options are not available due to the shortages. Has anyone else been told this?

Yes there are issues with the chip shortages that are needed for seat memory (the 14 and 18 way seats). Many people that had orders that were about to go into production have been held up and pushed back. I know people that have had their orders pushed more than 2 months, and have yet to get a final build or delivery date. I have read numerous posts on different forums and there seems to be lots of conflicting info on how long delays are depending on when the order was originally placed, and when the vehicle fixed/ body shop dates were originally. I assume that if someone wants the base seats, then it should not effect the order, not sure how this effects the headliner....
Old 05-15-2021 | 08:20 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ZG911
Yes there are issues with the chip shortages that are needed for seat memory (the 14 and 18 way seats). Many people that had orders that were about to go into production have been held up and pushed back. I know people that have had their orders pushed more than 2 months, and have yet to get a final build or delivery date. I have read numerous posts on different forums and there seems to be lots of conflicting info on how long delays are depending on when the order was originally placed, and when the vehicle fixed/ body shop dates were originally. I assume that if someone wants the base seats, then it should not effect the order, not sure how this effects the headliner....

The seats I understand. This is for the headliner that is on the roof though. They told me they couldn't even place an order for the car in the system with that option. I was willing to wait how ever long it takes to get the car the way I want.

Quick Reply: race tex headliner