Macan 2014-Current

911 to a Macan S!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2021, 09:00 AM
Dkk16
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by JYT
Waiting to see when you will be back in 911 again. Bc you will.
Not at Current prices 😎🏁🇩🇪👏😂
Old 05-30-2021, 09:57 AM
Schwarz992C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 119 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by William Smith
Just a few weeks ago on the 992 forum I was super excited to replace my 2018 911 Carrera for my factory order 992 but it's funny how quickly life changes.
Right before the order locked, we closed on a new house and while I could just about afford to do both, it would be a little tight and felt like a silly thing to do. So now trading in the current 911 and taking delivery of a factory order 2021 Night Blue Macan S in April. We are moving to a much more rural part of California and think the Macan will probably fair a lot better with extra ground clearance and a be a more practical daily driver. Our other car is a Range Rover which takes on the more hardcore errands and duties, so really want to make sure the Macan still feels small and sporty on windy roads. Also hoping the final 2022 Macan facelift isn't crazy change that makes a 2021 look old.

Here is the code:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMYRJEE6
Joining the group as well. Just transitioning from 992 into a special order Macan Turbo which we ordered on Friday. Know there are changes in the wind for a 22 model but after dealing with new model software and hardwares issues on my market introduction 992 (#150 off the line), I decided not to go down that road again. I am already driving a base Macan which we really enjoy and will sell once the Turbo is delivered. Test drove both an S and Turbo and decided to go all out on a Turbo. Code is PMUNV5Y5 Wishing you all the best on yours.
The following users liked this post:
T3X4S (05-30-2021)
Old 05-30-2021, 10:27 AM
Schwarz992C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
That's funny. I have all three. And a Ford Pickup truck.

2021 992 911 S (manual)
2021 Cayenne GTS
2020 Macan S,

None of them suck.
None of them compare to the other.
The Macan S, is the "girlie" car of the three, which is why my wife drives it. But she says her next one will be a Macan Turbo - because you know....faster.

Spend some time in a 2021 Cayenne GTS then report back how superior the Macan is....lol
I previously owned all three models. The suvs are 2019 and the 992 was 2020. Each drive very differently and have different purposes. Re the SUV’s I dislike the engine/transmission package Porsche selected as it surges and feels jerky although not so much in Sport mode. The Macan was purchased with intent of being my daily driver for business trip and is a really sweet daily driver, but underpowered with a 2.0.

Selling the 992 was a disappointment as I feel Porsche did not adequately perform due diligence on the software related to the vehicle and when coupled with some mechanical glitches that remained unresolved, made selling the car a relatively easy decision. Moving to the Turbo Macan was an easy decision.

Quick Reply: 911 to a Macan S!