Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Pedal Commander. Who has one?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2021 | 02:34 AM
Ricky Rocket
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TikiLou
I think what people are saying is that the PC fixes that "takes forever to get up to speed" issue. My guess is it makes the GTS feel more like how the Audi SQ5's throttle mapping is (barely touch the accelerator and it just GOES).

I'm really tempted to get one but the pedal removal / reinstall sounds like a pain (I'm not super handy and I have big hands that make it tough to work in tight spaces).
If you can work a screwdriver you can install it. All you need is patience, a good light, a bunch of blue painters tape to hold the pedal in position while you reset the screw. Better yet get a friend with small hands or your shop (not the dealer) to install.

RS Bob
The following users liked this post:
TikiLou (12-02-2021)
Old 12-02-2021 | 11:19 AM
DHF
Track Day

Originally Posted by Ricky Rocket
If you can work a screwdriver you can install it. All you need is patience, a good light, a bunch of blue painters tape to hold the pedal in position while you reset the screw. Better yet get a friend with small hands or your shop (not the dealer) to install.

RS Bob
Just installed one yesterday in my 2017 S, yes it is a PITA but worth the effort and cost. The response improvement is adjustable and dramatic.
Old 10-26-2022 | 12:18 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Finally got around to installing Pedal Commander today. It completely transformed the car. I finally get what the fuzz is about. Easily the best mod for Macans and the value is unbeatable. Sport on Sport is fantastic.
Old 10-26-2022 | 12:35 AM
IXIXI
Instructor

Just installed one in my Cayenne Turbo GT, big difference in throttle response! Install took under two minutes.
Old 10-26-2022 | 01:02 AM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

I’ve modded and tuned cars but these devices (pedal box, pedal commander, sprint booster, etc) are one of the best mods out there even though there’s no gain in performance. Now a days, I appreciate how the car feels and drives (butt dyno) more so than actual numbers. It could be that I’m getting to be an old fart and I can accept that.

Last edited by luv2sleep; 10-26-2022 at 01:03 AM.
Van Larson (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022 | 09:35 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
I’ve modded and tuned cars but these devices (pedal box, pedal commander, sprint booster, etc) are one of the best mods out there even though there’s no gain in performance. Now a days, I appreciate how the car feels and drives (butt dyno) more so than actual numbers. It could be that I’m getting to be an old fart and I can accept that.
+1
Old 10-26-2022 | 10:21 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Agree! The stock throttle mapping on the Macan is downright undriveable, and borderline dangerous if you need power to avoid something. Soooo lazy. Pedal Commander or similar is the way to go.

I assume Porsche mapped it this way to meet fuel economy standards or something. Can't think of another reason to tune it so poorly.
Old 10-26-2022 | 10:56 AM
IL_Pete
Rennlist Member

I am taking delivery of my 2023 Macan GTS next week. I am having the Pedal Commander installed before I take delivery. I had a 2020 Macan briefly last year, and definitely experienced the Throttle Laziness/Delay issue...

Wilder (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022 | 11:47 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nickshu
borderline dangerous if you need power to avoid something.
On the first or second day I picked up my Macan I had an incident where I needed a quick response in traffic and the car took a second to react. I thought there was something wrong with the car and it scared the hell out of me. Borderline dangerous indeed, and yes, it's done to meet fuel econo standards. Porsche has got to be proud of this product but embarrassed to have to put it out this way. I mean, my car is transformed. I've always been happy with responsiveness at speed, especially while in Sport mode, but now the car feels amazing from a stop and in stop-and-go traffic. It makes me want to go for a drive just for fun the way a 911 does.
Nickshu (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022 | 01:05 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by IL_Pete
I am taking delivery of my 2023 Macan GTS next week. I am having the Pedal Commander installed before I take delivery. I had a 2020 Macan briefly last year, and definitely experienced the Throttle Laziness/Delay issue...
Good call. I installed mine as soon as we brought the car home from the dealership. 2022 GTS.
Old 10-27-2022 | 10:15 AM
mvmojo
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ricky Rocket

RS Bob
Painters tape not needed. See the picture in post #33 of this thread. You can use the Pedal Commander box as a prop to position the pedal while you reinstall the screw.
Old 11-04-2022 | 09:37 AM
IL_Pete
Rennlist Member

+1 to all the positive comments here - the Pedal Commander completely fixes the #1 issue with the Macan (2023 GTS for me). It does indeed completely transform the car!

MUST HAVE mod!
Old 11-05-2022 | 06:41 PM
wwahl
Pro

I got my Pedal Commander installed today. All the installation tips here came in handy, especially #33. I ended up stuffing all the extra wire and the unit up on the shelf above the pedals. I don't think it is going anywhere. A headlamp allowed me to use both my hands when reinstalling the accelerator pedal. I put a little bit of windshield sealant on the Torx screw to keep it attached to the driver when putting it back in. The use of the packaging box was most helpful as was the hint about the slot behind the pedal. My Macan is an '18 S.that has been Cobbed.
Old 11-05-2022 | 07:03 PM
DHF
Track Day

[QUOTE=wwahl;18448687]I got my Pedal Commander installed today. All the installation tips here came in handy, especially #33. I ended up stuffing all the extra wire and the unit up on the shelf above the pedals. I don't think it is going anywhere. A headlamp allowed me to use both my hands when reinstalling the accelerator pedal. I put a little bit of windshield sealant on the Torx screw to keep it attached to the driver when putting it back in. The use of the packaging box was most helpful as was the hint about the slot behind the pedal. My Macan is an '18 S.that has been Cobbed.[/QUOTE
I have a cobbed 2017 S that I installed the PC on a year ago and it transformed the vehicle performance. If I had realized that I don't know that I would have bothered with the Cobb as the PC is all I need.
I'm running City #1 which is plenty for me.
You're gonna love it
Old 11-06-2022 | 09:15 AM
Greg Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Love my Pedal Commander. If you guys want a clean way to install it, check out post #30 from my Build Journal.

https://www.macanforum.com/threads/m....183493/page-2

Mr. Wolfe
T3X4S (11-06-2022)

Quick Reply: Pedal Commander. Who has one?