Notices
Macan 2014-Current

ATL dealer question

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 05:06 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,108 Likes on 1,328 Posts

Yeah brother, I totally wasn't directing it at anyone at all specifically.
I just wanted to share what it's like from the "sales guy" end.
I really hated the experience of commission sales, hence my current profession. lol

I've been on both sides. For some, it's like a game though. Those arrogant people (especially rich ones) just bug me to no end.
Even if I were rich and could buy new cars every few years, I'd never expect the red carpet treatment, until maybe the end. lol. After the purchase. THEN make me feel special. lol

Last edited by Big Swole; 01-16-2021 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-16-2021, 06:38 PM
Two0FourTarga
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't worked in commission sales so I definitely only have the experience of being on the buyers side, but I can imagine the stress and pressure you are under to make sales, especially after someone test drives or starts talking numbers. I also don't want to come off like I was expecting any special treatment just for showing up, I for sure could have just gone in and asked for a sales associate and just waited, but I'll be honest the thought never crossed my mind because I knew I only wanted to test drive and make a decision on which car to buy later, so next time I'll for sure be more direct about why im there and what I'm hoping to accomplish and that should be enough to get the ball rolling.
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (01-16-2021)

Quick Reply: ATL dealer question