Macan 2014-Current

Questions on new GTS order

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2020, 03:42 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Questions on new GTS order

I am ordering a Dolomite Silver/Black full leather GTS this week from my dealer. A couple of questions. Standard equipment lists "LED Headlights in Black including PDLS." There is an option for "LED Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)" for an additional $520. What is the difference between PDLS and PDLS+?? They are the same strength LED lights I assume, with the four separate bulbs included.

Also as much as I'd like 21's, I like the 20" Macan Turbo wheels in metallic black. They come in jet black as well, but since I'm getting the high gloss black blade, would it matter which I ordered? I do like metallic - but haven't seen them in person. Anyone have a shot of the metallic black wheels?

Thanks!
Phil

Last edited by Phil G.; 11-30-2020 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-30-2020, 04:22 PM
#1SomeGuy
Burning Brakes

Received 554 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil G.
I am ordering a Dolomite Silver/Black full leather GTS this week from my dealer. A couple of questions. Standard equipment lists "LED Headlights in Black including PDLS." There is an option for "LED Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)" for an additional $520. What is the difference between PDLS and PDLS+?? They are the same strength LED lights I assume, with the four separate bulbs included.

Also as much as I'd like 21's, I like the 20" Macan Turbo wheels in metallic black. They come in jet black as well, but since I'm getting the high gloss black blade, would it matter which I ordered? I do like metallic - but haven't seen them in person. Anyone have a shot of the metallic black wheels?

Thanks!
Phil
PDLS+ just has the corner lights that give you a bit wider lighting in turns/intersections and I believe something with a more variable or automatic high beam adjustment. It's definitely not a must have.

Can't help on the wheels, but honestly if you are going 20" just stick with the "free" RS Spyders...paying more for a different style wheel in the same size could be better spent on other options.
Old 12-02-2020, 02:22 AM
runbuh
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 116 Posts

I honestly can't tell the difference between the wheel paint colors in photos, but here's a recent delivery from "the other Macan forum":
https://www.macanforum.com/threads/2...o-grey.177722/

Old 12-02-2020, 11:28 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by #1SomeGuy
PDLS+ just has the corner lights that give you a bit wider lighting in turns/intersections and I believe something with a more variable or automatic high beam adjustment. It's definitely not a must have.

Can't help on the wheels, but honestly if you are going 20" just stick with the "free" RS Spyders...paying more for a different style wheel in the same size could be better spent on other options.
Actually decided to go with the 21" RS Spyder Design wheels instead of the 20's. I'll put all seasons on them next fall. Ordering the car today, so I'll talk to my salesperson about the PDLS v PDLS+ and whether it's worth the difference.
Old 12-02-2020, 12:54 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 240 Posts

How Does the Porsche Dynamic Light System Work?

PDLS increases safety when driving and enhances near-field, lateral, and far-field illumination by adjusting the range of the dipped beam according to driving speed. Additionally, the dynamic cornering light function rotates the main headlights towards the inside of a road’s curve based on the driver’s speed and steering angle. Static cornering lights turn on the auxiliary headlights for clearer visibility on tight, turning roads.

What is the Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)?

What is the difference between PDLS and PDLS Plus? Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus has two added functions. First, at speeds higher than about 40 mph, the dynamic main beam will turn on and detect oncoming traffic and vehicles in front of you. The light cone’s intensity and range are adjusted depending on the surroundings. Secondly, Intersection Assistant turns on the electronic cornering lights to adjust the broadness and length of the light cones, which increases the visibility of the vehicle’s surroundings.
Old 12-02-2020, 12:58 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 240 Posts

I have it on two of our cars and really like it. It's one of those options that once you have it, you will always want it. If you don't have it, you'll be fine.

On the wheels, just know that the 21" wheels come standard with summer tires. Could be a factor if you drive in low temperatures/snow.
Old 12-02-2020, 04:31 PM
blepski
Instructor

Received 147 Likes on 60 Posts

I have PDLS+ on my 21 Macan S and the headlights are very impressive so I would absolutely recommend adding it to your build.

I also have the 20" Macan Turbo wheels in high gloss black which matches the trim accents nicely without being too flashy.

Last edited by blepski; 12-02-2020 at 04:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
2021Macan (12-02-2020)
Old 12-02-2020, 04:47 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by Pavegeno928

How Does the Porsche Dynamic Light System Work?

PDLS increases safety when driving and enhances near-field, lateral, and far-field illumination by adjusting the range of the dipped beam according to driving speed. Additionally, the dynamic cornering light function rotates the main headlights towards the inside of a road’s curve based on the driver’s speed and steering angle. Static cornering lights turn on the auxiliary headlights for clearer visibility on tight, turning roads.

What is the Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)?

What is the difference between PDLS and PDLS Plus? Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus has two added functions. First, at speeds higher than about 40 mph, the dynamic main beam will turn on and detect oncoming traffic and vehicles in front of you. The light cone’s intensity and range are adjusted depending on the surroundings. Secondly, Intersection Assistant turns on the electronic cornering lights to adjust the broadness and length of the light cones, which increases the visibility of the vehicle’s surroundings.
Thanks for the info - consistent with what I've read and was told by my salesperson. Ordered the PDLS Plus.

Quick Reply: Questions on new GTS order