Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Automatic time zone adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2020 | 11:14 AM
tk-porsche
Racer

Default Automatic time zone adjustment?

Is there a way to set the clock to do automatic time zone adjustments, including when you enter a different time zone and/or daylight savings time either begins or ends?
I could not find anything on this in the manual.
Old 10-19-2020 | 11:21 AM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Nope, no option. You have to manually adjust it. If you had navigation, you would think auto adjusting would be an option. It is on my F150.
The following users liked this post:
tk-porsche (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020 | 02:21 PM
tk-porsche
Racer

Originally Posted by Todd B
Nope, no option. You have to manually adjust it. If you had navigation, you would think auto adjusting would be an option. It is on my F150.
Thanks, Todd. That is really dumb not to have that. I rented a Grand Cherokee recently and it took care of all that beautifully. You wIn some, you lose some when it comes to features!
Old 10-19-2020 | 03:35 PM
PSEE
Pro

it's all so that you won't confuse owning a Porsche with any other car...

(I think many cars have it as a standard feature)
Old 10-19-2020 | 05:16 PM
tk-porsche
Racer

Originally Posted by PSEE
it's all so that you won't confuse owning a Porsche with any other car...

(I think many cars have it as a standard feature)
Ha ha, there are already enough confusing things, as is!
Old 10-19-2020 | 09:00 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

My PCM auto adjusts for daylight savings time. Not sure about driving in and out of different time zones, never done that with this vehicle (‘17 GTS).

Mine has the optional nav module for the PCM (code 7UG).
Old 10-19-2020 | 10:39 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

My memory failed me . What I remembered was from the PCM3.1. But with the PCM4.0, it does support automatic timezone selection. Goto home. Then press on the time. On that settings screen you will have an automatic timezone adjustment, Make sure the option is selected. You would need navigation to have them.

Old 10-20-2020 | 03:05 AM
tk-porsche
Racer

My memory failed me . What I remembered was from the PCM3.1. But with the PCM4.0, it does support automatic timezone selection. Goto home. Then press on the time. On that settings screen you will have an automatic timezone adjustment, Make sure the option is selected. You would need navigation to have them.
Aha, given I have a '19 model. hopefully it's a new enough version of the PCM and yes, I do have navigation. Will try that, many thanks for the tip!
I finally also found a link to this video, which is probably what you're referring to that should be set to get automatic setting of the time:

Last edited by tk-porsche; 10-20-2020 at 03:14 AM.
Old 10-20-2020 | 05:02 PM
tk-porsche
Racer

Unfortunately, these settings for automatic time adjustment were already in place. It may be that when driving from Arizona to Colorado that the algorithm still sees both states on Mountain Time (MDT or MST) but doesn't recognize the difference in that Colorado observes daylight savings time while all of Arizona (excepting the Navajo Nation lands) does not. Is there an easy way to check what version of PCM is installed to see if perhaps an update might help if it's not running the most current version?
Old 10-21-2020 | 09:21 PM
swingwing
Pro

Originally Posted by tk-porsche
Is there a way to set the clock to do automatic time zone adjustments, including when you enter a different time zone and/or daylight savings time either begins or ends?
I could not find anything on this in the manual.
I drove last week from Texas (Central Time) to Colorado (Mountain Time) and back. The clock corrected itself automatically as we changed zones.
Old 10-21-2020 | 09:31 PM
tk-porsche
Racer

Originally Posted by swingwing
I drove last week from Texas (Central Time) to Colorado (Mountain Time) and back. The clock corrected itself automatically as we changed zones.
Thanks, good to know. I wonder if it doesn't realize that Arizona is one of the unique states without daylight savings time? That or the PCM needs updating, which seems unlikely on a '19 model.
Old 04-26-2021 | 05:13 AM
TimPaige
5th Gear

The quickest way to do that-- right-clicking on the clock in your taskbar and choosing the Adjust date/time option. You will then need to turn on the Set time zone automatically, as seen here. However, do not forget to double-check pst vs pdt in your country, as it happened once with me. By the way, I only recently learned the difference even though I travel a lot. It wasn't until a couple of months ago that I learned the difference between these two words. As it turned out, even my daughter knew the difference thanks to geography lessons

Last edited by TimPaige; 04-29-2021 at 03:18 AM.
Old 04-26-2021 | 08:09 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

I've heard there was a bug in PCM 5 related to automatic time zone and/or DST adjustment that was fixed (via dealer-installed update) in the '21 Macans.

My '20 was deifnitely set to adjust for DST automatically, but it didn't happen.
Old 04-26-2021 | 11:22 PM
wwahl
Pro

On my '18 with Nav the clock auto adjusts for time zones and DLS.I have watched it make the jump when crossing time zones.
Old 04-27-2021 | 07:58 AM
mvmojo
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

On my 2018 Macan GTS w/nav the clock auto adjusted when I crossed from Eastern time to Central time and then back again on the return trip. I saw it happen and was surprised by it!

Quick Reply: Automatic time zone adjustment?