Macan 2014-Current

LKA not available, service required

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 08:24 PM
Nctuan03
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LKA not available, service required

Hey everyone. I'm just wondering if any of you have any issues with the LKA not operating property before on a 2016 Macan Turbo. When pressing LKA button and I get the error on the dash "LKA is not available, service required". It's a non-CPO and I'm in the process trying to get the dealer where I bought it from to see what they can do for me since I only have it for 4 days. They told me to cycle it on and off and most of the time it will work but I tried that and no luck. I apologize in advance if this post has been addressed... I tried to search but couldn't find any information about it. Wish me luck trying to get the dealer fixed without any warranty. I appreciate any feedback and thank you for taking your time to read the post. Thanks
Old 07-27-2020, 12:43 AM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,299 Likes on 1,366 Posts

I would try and disconnect the battery and wait 15 minutes for all capacitors to drain. Then short the two CABLES together NOT THE BATTERY POSTS and reconnect. That should be more thorough than what the dealer suggested if all that's needed is a reset. If that doesn't work, they'll have to reload the software. HTH

siberian
Old 07-27-2020, 01:58 PM
rosen39
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

This works in conjunction with a camera on the windshield. If the windshield was replaced recently, this camera has to be re-calibrated. Most new cars with this type of feature need to be re-calibrated (when windshield is replaced) and should be covered by insurance when the glass is replaced. Sounds like your switch is working because you get a message when trying to activate.

Watch recalibration video:

Quick Reply: LKA not available, service required