Start/Stop disable

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 01:59 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,297 Likes on 1,364 Posts
Default Start/Stop disable

Loads and loads of conflicting info on the web linking (for a B9 Q7 - a friend's vehicle) disabling (permanently) the Auto Start/Stop to HVAC, Voltage, or as outlined below on the VAG-COM

Stop Start button Settings
[09 – Cent. Elect.]
[Security Access – 16]
Enter code given, 20113, [Do It!]

[Adaption – 10]
Channel 34 [Read]
Read Default value
Add 32 for ‘remember last setting’
Add 64 to Reverse the LED status, so light = Stop Start Active (Default is light = Stop Start Off)
Subtract 4 to ‘default to Off’

does not work on B9s

Is there ANYTHING that can disable this feature permanently? Living where I do, start and stop by -40 (even with the battery in the trunk or under the seat) is not what I need or want. Granted we don't have traffic but we do have the occasional traffic light
So any hint as to how to do it and with what tester (iCarSoft, PIWIS....) greatly appreciated.

siberian

The best long distance runners eat raw meat, run naked and sleep in the snow
Old 11-22-2019, 02:31 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

I have a new 2020 Macan S.

The dealer showed me the button for auto start/stop and I turned it off. It has stayed off since delivery day.

There may be some confusion because on the new Cayennes, Panameras, and 992, the start/stop OFF button with revert back to being ON with every ignition cycle while means you need to turn it back off each time you start it.

The 2020 Macan is only a refresh and I don't think all the internal electronics were updated to match the current new generation of cars. Thus the physical buttons on the center console and the ability to keep start/stop OFF.
Old 11-22-2019, 03:07 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I always said, not all progress is good. Thank you for clarifying for the 2020 models.

As for the B9 Audis (2019 in this case) the start/stop button reverts with every cycle. This is why there are parameters to set in the voltage and HVAC as well as Central Electric (on the new UDS protocol) to modify. Seems if you modify something in the HVAC it reverts back so you need to disable your HVAC or something to that effect. As this isn't my car, looking for an easier solution and was just dreading having the same thing on the Macan.

For those interested, the reason this is such a "nightmare" is that the VDub/Audi/Porsche family (and specially after the dieselgate scandal) has hinged a lot of the mpg data by using the start/stop functionality. As with everything once caught you now become very cautious and try to prevent folks from disabling a system that provided you with the data.

Thanx again PistolPete

siberian

The following users liked this post:
PistolPete (11-23-2019)
Old 11-22-2019, 04:53 PM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Received 385 Likes on 223 Posts

It wasn’t until about 20 miles into my inaugural trip from the dealership that I realized Auto SS wasn’t intruding into my drive. I thought at first the “feature” was deleted with the 2020 refresh until I spotted the console button. At least the setting doesn’t reset with each engine restart like my ‘17 Carrera.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:23 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Yep, it's the "auto reset" that's annoying. Very very very happy this was not included in the 2020 Macans!

siberian

Quick Reply: Start/Stop disable