Macan 2014-Current

Will this be a total loss?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 10:14 PM
JWH7
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Pushyeli07
I’ll have an assessment next week at the the collision center. How did it work for you? Didn’t you go directly to the collision center and appraise the damage?

i think A pillar may have issue, but I have seen dent on B pillar as well. I’m not sure if that’s fixable
Take it to the shop of your choice and let them deal with the insurance companies. First trick of insurers it to push you to their 'low cost' network. You need to choose a qualified shop. You can find a Porsche certified collision center on https://www.porschecollisioncenter.com/.

As I understand it, the rocker panel is high strength steel. If bent, it probably needs replacement. The new rocker piece comes with stub pieces for the pillars that have been heat treated at the factory so a shop can weld a pillar to the stub piece since it would be the same materials.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:28 PM
Pushyeli07
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JWH7
Take it to the shop of your choice and let them deal with the insurance companies. First trick of insurers it to push you to their 'low cost' network. You need to choose a qualified shop. You can find a Porsche certified collision center on https://www.porschecollisioncenter.com/.

As I understand it, the rocker panel is high strength steel. If bent, it probably needs replacement. The new rocker piece comes with stub pieces for the pillars that have been heat treated at the factory so a shop can weld a pillar to the stub piece since it would be the same materials.
rocker panel is not a big deal

The B pillar is also dented, which I’m afraid it’s a total?

Quick Reply: Will this be a total loss?