Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Apple CarPlay....here and gone!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2019 | 01:10 AM
NonFormulaic
Track Day

Default Apple CarPlay....here and gone!

One month in on my ‘19 base Macan (with option of Apple CarPlay). All worked fine for the month...(and I mean everything). But now, Apple CarPlay has vaporized on me. It’s been two days now.....like it never existed. Gone....without a trace. Yes, I’ve replaced the USB connecting cord (I do get an iPod option]. Of course, I’ve rebooted the iPhone X. Anyone out there have an idea how I might reclaim the CarPlay? Thx in advance.
Old 09-20-2019 | 01:33 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Have you tried unlocking your phone while it's plugged in? I've had my phone not connect even though it's set to work locked.

I've also had a cheap cable that didn't work with the car.
Old 09-20-2019 | 01:44 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

You can also try resetting the PCM.
Old 09-20-2019 | 01:49 PM
NonFormulaic
Track Day

Thank you, Lowess. My phone continues to work without a hitch. Plus, as long as the USB is connected, I have the option of iPod. Re the quality of the cable, I have tried two identical cables, both of which are the factory Apple cables. But alas, no!

As an FYI, I regularly use the Apple CarPlay. Apple Maps, Waze, texting, Email, Apple Music, Stock quotes, etc..
I’m sure this is a simple software correction, or a reboot (or a hard reset) of something.....which will swiftly correct this issue. Right? Yes? Huh? ��
Old 09-20-2019 | 02:21 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Originally Posted by NonFormulaic
One month in on my ‘19 base Macan (with option of Apple CarPlay). All worked fine for the month...(and I mean everything). But now, Apple CarPlay has vaporized on me. It’s been two days now.....like it never existed. Gone....without a trace. Yes, I’ve replaced the USB connecting cord (I do get an iPod option]. Of course, I’ve rebooted the iPhone X. Anyone out there have an idea how I might reclaim the CarPlay? Thx in advance.
When the prompt came up on the screen with the two options, 'select Apple CarPlay' or 'don't show this again', did you select the latter by chance? The reason I ask, is my dealer warned me when I purchased my GTS that they've had some customers select 'don't show me this again' and Apple CarPlay was gone...POOF! And they weren't able to recover it. That was last year, so maybe there's a 'fix' now?
Old 09-20-2019 | 06:30 PM
NonFormulaic
Track Day

Thanks to Lowess and Todd. YES!! The reset of the PCM totally restored the Apple CarPlay. I’m a happy camper again. Hope this doesn’t reoccur. Took a bit of time to reset everything in memory. Every setting of mine, including radio stations were gone after the reset. Thanks for your help.
Old 09-20-2019 | 09:56 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Thanks to Lowess and Todd. YES!! The reset of the PCM totally restored the Apple CarPlay. I’m a happy camper again. Hope this doesn’t reoccur. Took a bit of time to reset everything in memory. Every setting of mine, including radio stations were gone after the reset. Thanks for your help.
How did you reset the PCM?
Old 09-21-2019 | 02:14 AM
NonFormulaic
Track Day

Default Resetting the PCM

Pavegeno.....I went to car settings and followed the factory reset prompts.

Be sure you want to do it. All will be lost. Phone pairing as well.

Hit “Factory setting”
The following users liked this post:
digits (09-21-2019)
Old 09-21-2019 | 08:42 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Pavegeno.....I went to car settings and followed the factory reset prompts.

Be sure you want to do it. All will be lost. Phone pairing as well.

Hit “Factory setting”
Thank you!