Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Passenger seatbelt warning not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2019 | 09:14 PM
Dguitarnut
3rd Gear

Default Passenger seatbelt warning not working

Just noticed on my 2018 Macan the passenger seatbelt not buckled warning does not come on. I don’t have many passengers usually but my wife noticed it last time she rode with me. I can’t find anything in the manual about disabling or enabling it. Am I missing something simple or is it a trip to the dealer?
thanks
Old 04-11-2019 | 09:52 PM
wwahl
Pro

When the speed of the vehicle reaches approximately 15 mph (24 km/h), a warning signal also sounds and the red warning lightin the instrument panel starts to flash if the driver and passengers are not buckled up.
From the manual. You have to be moving.
Old 04-11-2019 | 10:35 PM
Dguitarnut
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by wwahl
When the speed of the vehicle reaches approximately 15 mph (24 km/h), a warning signal also sounds and the red warning lightin the instrument panel starts to flash if the driver and passengers are not buckled up.
From the manual. You have to be moving.
Yep I read that too, but my 2018 Gts only does that with the driver unbuckled. I have gotten really mixed responses over at the Macan forum. Some do some don’t with passenger seatbelt. A question for my dealer when I have it serviced.
Old 04-12-2019 | 12:27 AM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dguitarnut
Yep I read that too, but my 2018 Gts only does that with the driver unbuckled. I have gotten really mixed responses over at the Macan forum. Some do some don’t with passenger seatbelt. A question for my dealer when I have it serviced.
Our S registers the passenger and gives the warning. Does the passenger seat sense the weight of the passenger o enable the airbag? I would suspect the issue is just a coding one, which would be an easy fix.
Old 04-15-2019 | 05:49 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dguitarnut
2018 GTS - NO warning light, chime or anything with passenger not buckled in. Driver's side get chime, big red warning in MFD and auto release of parking brake is disabled. Tested it with car parked and car moving - nothing for the passenger side.

Quick Reply: Passenger seatbelt warning not working