Rear Cargo Area Protection

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2023, 05:31 PM
jjhasluck
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sage-wiz
Thanks for the helpful feedback.

Would you happen to have a part number for the Audi net you prefer?

I do not have the part number. But it probably wouldn't help since I think it came out of an Allroad I had years ago. I tend to hold onto the nets when I sell/trade cars and have a few different ones on hand.
Old 01-24-2023, 11:04 PM
cjbright
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the raised lip get in the way of fitting large objects into the Macan when the rear seats are folded down? Seems like it would either block or get crushed by whatever is resting on top of the lip to fit into the rear seats area.
Perhaps. The set up I described and photographed is ideal for carrying items in the cargo compartment. The lip at the perimeter of the Weathertech mat is somewhat pliable. If you carry larger items (requiring the seats to be folded down) which extend beyond the lip of the Weathertech mat, the lip will bend, twist, or compress under the weight of the load. The lip will return to form when the load is lifted. The bending, twisting or compressing of the lip, however, may allow liquid (or sand or dirt) to leave the mat, which may or may not be relevant or matter.
The following users liked this post:
sage-wiz (01-24-2023)
Old 01-24-2023, 11:22 PM
wwahl
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 109 Posts

Does the raised lip get in the way of fitting large objects into the Macan when the rear seats are folded down? Seems like it would either block or get crushed by whatever is resting on top of the lip to fit into the rear seats area.
When the rear seats are down, they are not quite flat. That little angle takes care of any squishing problem with the front of the added rear mat.
The following users liked this post:
sage-wiz (01-27-2023)

Quick Reply: Rear Cargo Area Protection