Sport Chrono 2019 Macan S Y/N?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 08:16 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts
Default Sport Chrono 2019 Macan S Y/N?

Sorry, I did search.
Standard the car has sport and sport+ button.
Sets gearbox and suspension.

What does the Sport Chrono add besides individualizations and the “boost mode”.
Just one of the settings for 20 seconds..

Is that it?
Old 03-26-2019, 08:54 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Sorry, I did search.
Standard the car has sport and sport+ button.
Sets gearbox and suspension.

What does the Sport Chrono add besides individualizations and the “boost mode”.
Just one of the settings for 20 seconds..

Is that it?
The standard equipment list from Porsche says the Macan only comes with a sport button.

This is the list of stuff that the configurator says comes with Sport Chrono, It lists the sport+ mode which has always been an add on. The sport+/Sport Chrono has always been standard on the GTS models across all products. I like the Spector wheel that gets added to the steering wheel and the individual settings are nice.
  • Analog and digital stopwatch
  • Mode switch on the steering wheel to select the driving modes Normal, SPORT, SPORT PLUS, and Individual
  • SPORT PLUS mode with performance-oriented settings for engine, gearbox, and chassis
  • Individual mode for personalized selection of vehicle sport settings
  • SPORT Response Button with performance-oriented settings for engine and transmission at the touch of a button (20 second duration)
  • Activation of launch control in SPORT PLUS mode
Old 03-27-2019, 10:02 AM
smohr33
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 90 Posts

Sport chrono gets you sport+, it won't have the button without it.

My GTS seems to get to boost quicker and hold more boost in sport+. I never used it in my 981 GTS, preferred sport, but in the Macan it seems to make a difference.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:24 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd B
The sport+/Sport Chrono has always been standard on the GTS models across all products.
The Sport Chrono Package is standard on many Porsche GTS models, however not so on the Macan GTS. Sport Chrono is optional.

I think it should be standard on both the GTS and Turbo model Macans, being the performance oriented ones. But the only Macans that have Sport Chrono Pkg as standard equipment are the base Sport Edition and the Turbo w/ Performance Package models.

Definitely a ‘must have’ option on a GTS or Turbo model IMO.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:33 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGuyNVA
The Sport Chrono Package is standard on many Porsche GTS models, however not so on the Macan GTS. Sport Chrono is optional.

I think it should be standard on both the GTS and Turbo model Macans, being the performance oriented ones. But the only Macans that have Sport Chrono Pkg as standard equipment are the base Sport Edition and the Turbo w/ Performance Package models.

Definitely a ‘must have’ option on a GTS or Turbo model IMO.
Thanks, there I went assuming. Every other GTS has it, so why the money grab, Porsche?
Old 03-28-2019, 05:38 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 885 Likes on 543 Posts

I think it's one of those options that are just expected on GTS and Turbo models. However, from a real world perspective, I don't find it to be that useful on the Macan GTS. It just cranks everything up too much for the street with a rather large leap from sport to sport plus. I got it as a knee jerk selection but I've only used a handful of times after one year of ownership. I suppose you should option it if you have quick resale thoughts in mind though.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:21 PM
guod
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I never use Sport+ on my Macan... don't really see any point for SC option on a Macan
Old 06-03-2019, 12:22 PM
TJinCA
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question for you....I read the same description...if you get Sport Chrono but don’t have PASM or Air Suspension, what exactly does it to the “chassis” ?

Not understanding how it changes the chassis without those other options. Can you clarify?

Originally Posted by Todd B
The standard equipment list from Porsche says the Macan only comes with a sport button.

This is the list of stuff that the configurator says comes with Sport Chrono, It lists the sport+ mode which has always been an add on. The sport+/Sport Chrono has always been standard on the GTS models across all products. I like the Spector wheel that gets added to the steering wheel and the individual settings are nice.
  • Analog and digital stopwatch
  • Mode switch on the steering wheel to select the driving modes Normal, SPORT, SPORT PLUS, and Individual
  • SPORT PLUS mode with performance-oriented settings for engine, gearbox, and chassis
  • Individual mode for personalized selection of vehicle sport settings
  • SPORT Response Button with performance-oriented settings for engine and transmission at the touch of a button (20 second duration)
  • Activation of launch control in SPORT PLUS mode
Old 06-03-2019, 01:00 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by TJinCA
Question for you....I read the same description...if you get Sport Chrono but don’t have PASM or Air Suspension, what exactly does it to the “chassis” ?
Zero. If for instance you got the Sport Chrono pkg on a base or S w/o PASM or air suspension (steel spring), there would be zero change to the chassis in Sport+ mode. Only changes would be to engine, transmission, and traction control behavior. It would also enable the Sport Exhaust if you had that option.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:03 PM
TJinCA
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got it. Thanks for explaining

Originally Posted by CarGuyNVA
Zero. If for instance you got the Sport Chrono pkg on a base or S w/o PASM or air suspension (steel spring), there would be zero change to the chassis in Sport+ mode. Only changes would be to engine, transmission, and traction control behavior. It would also enable the Sport Exhaust if you had that option.

Quick Reply: Sport Chrono 2019 Macan S Y/N?