Macan 2014-Current

Porsche ends diesel production

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 06:52 AM
JIMMY JAMES
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Porsche ends diesel production

Macan, Cayenne and Panamera diesels are officially dead.

https://www.caradvice.com.au/687725/...el-production/
Old 09-25-2018, 07:54 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,708 Likes on 4,264 Posts

Amen. Never owned a diesel, never wanted to own a diesel, and won't ever have to. Good riddance to the stink and rattle. .
Old 10-16-2018, 07:06 PM
roule
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Amen. Never owned a diesel, never wanted to own a diesel, and won't ever have to. Good riddance to the stink and rattle. .
Well the newest diesels with the urea injection were a million times better than the old stinky diesels, but yeah, the writing was on the wall for a long time. The entire VW group is jumping in with both feet into electrification and for urban drivers with convenient recharging options, EVs are already a very good choice.

I am not sold on hybrids for sports cars or utility vehicles though. EVs are heavy, and the bigger they are, the longer it takes to charge 'em. Plugging into a tree doesn't work well when skiing or camping or towing a boat far away from the city. I trust Porsche will retain gasoline engines for another decade or more. I can envision VW or Seat to phase out hydrocarbons faster. For a fun and efficient daily commuter, don't laugh but the Chevy Volt is actually pretty damn good.

Quick Reply: Porsche ends diesel production