Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Can you add "Entry & Drive" afterwards?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 12:13 AM
Redline911
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can you add "Entry & Drive" afterwards?

I found an almost perfect CPO 2018 Macan for my wife. It's exactly as we would order new, except for no Entry & Drive. For my wife this is the #1 feature a vehicle must have, she keeps her keys at the bottom of a large purse and usually has file folders in the other hand. For safety I'd prefer she can walk up to the car at night in dark parking lots and just open the door and get in quickly.
Seems silly to not buy this Macan because of no Entry & Drive, it's just that we've had it on every other family car we've had since 2008. So, question is can this be retro-fitted after the fact? Are there aftermarket solutions that actually work?
Old 07-25-2018, 10:03 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

Because of the number of components involved in many areas of the vehicle, and then the integration necessary, the general consensus on this over in the 958 Cayenne forum is no. The same would hold true for the Macan, as the systems are the same in both. Better off to continue your search if this is a ‘must have’.
Old 07-26-2018, 12:02 PM
NiteJav
Burning Brakes

Received 298 Likes on 176 Posts

Yea there are way too many systems involved here to retroactively install this. Also its better idea not to have it. While its a must have for her, its a major security hole. https://www.wired.com/2017/04/just-p...can-steal-car/
Old 07-26-2018, 01:35 PM
Redline911
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NiteJav
Yea there are way too many systems involved here to retroactively install this. Also its better idea not to have it. While its a must have for her, its a major security hole. https://www.wired.com/2017/04/just-p...can-steal-car/
Figured as much.....I was hoping maybe it was just a matter of turning on the software code and buying a new key set, looks like no.

Quick Reply: Can you add "Entry & Drive" afterwards?