Macan 2014-Current

Track/racing pads for Macan S?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 06:08 PM
kimchee411
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisF
I've had my wife's S our on Thunderhill a couple of times. Car is incredibly competent for a big heavy SUV; shockingly so. Brakes are definitely a weak point but made it through 4-5 spirited laps before fading a little. I just dialed down the speed and back on the braking zones and it was fine. I'm sure pads and fluid would help.
Thanks, this is helpful! Dynamically I have no doubt it is up to the task. Glad to hear the stock brakes were able to hold up that long without fading.

Originally Posted by Need4S
Go with the Porterfield R4-S then. Available for front and rear.
Thanks for the rec! Any idea how they might compare to EBC Yellowstuff? I'm reading mixed things about both on other applications.

I'm guessing I shouldn't swap pads back and forth on the same rotors and it would be wise to get a set dedicated for track days?

Last edited by kimchee411; 07-31-2018 at 06:38 PM.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:55 PM
user 72902
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I believe the venues that will not allow SUVs to track do so primarily due to a fear that the center of gravity is too high.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:48 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Different pads on the same rotors is fine, so long as you re-bed them after the swap. I don't know how EBC Yellows compare with the R4-S, but brake guru Zeckhausen recommends them, so that's enough for me.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:04 PM
MezgerFan
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NC TRACKRAT
Donohue was driving the South Course which is much shorter and replete with some very interesting turns that I would've thought given the 944 Turbo a slight advantage due to its smaller size and lower weight. Had they been driving the Full Course with its long back straight and front straight, the Macan would've had an even greater advantage. Sadly, as I mentioned previously, VIR currently bans SUV's/CUV's.
Cool to see how 30 years of technology can overcome the laws of physics!

I'm not surprised the Macan was faster, but I am surprised it was that much faster.
Old 12-16-2020, 09:24 PM
Andy804
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Now that I'm without a race car, I'm looking to track my Macan S for a bit. I realize this thread is two years old but wondering if anyone out there has some advice or experience regarding brake pads and fluid for tracking a Macan. It will still be my daily driver so not exactly looking at pads or fluid for racing or dedicated track car.
Old 12-17-2020, 09:43 AM
runbuh
Pro

Received 185 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy804
Now that I'm without a race car, I'm looking to track my Macan S for a bit. I realize this thread is two years old but wondering if anyone out there has some advice or experience regarding brake pads and fluid for tracking a Macan. It will still be my daily driver so not exactly looking at pads or fluid for racing or dedicated track car.
If you don't hear back from anyone on this forum, check with Zeckhausen. I would also recommend supporting them (Zeckhausen) while there is still a "them" to support. COVID has probably had an impact on the business. I've been working with them on parts for my DD's since at least 2003.

Macan stuff on their web site:
https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/i...8str20brst8o52
The following users liked this post:
Andy804 (12-19-2020)

Quick Reply: Track/racing pads for Macan S?