Notices
Macan 2014-Current

right front hop of my 2017 porsche basic macan

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 08:52 AM
johneg
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

could you please provide the build date .Wondering if it was corrected on assembly.Thanks.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:13 PM
doggarnporsche
Intermediate

Originally Posted by johneg
could you please provide the build date .Wondering if it was corrected on assembly.Thanks.
My build on my Macan Basic is Nov. 12 2016.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:29 PM
doggarnporsche
Intermediate

Default New parts being replaced rear wheel hub assembly and bearings

Originally Posted by doggarnporsche
Okay all, here is the reason for the Hop. Wheel Bearings. It seems the 2017 Macan Basic Sport Utility has an upgraded wheel bearings. Yesterday my dealer found the same issue on another one like mine. So, mystery solved. I have 7400 miles on my rig. So, hopefully this will make it easier to figure out. The hop was noticeable at 70 mph and wasn't at 45 to 65 or slower. It was felt mostly in your feet, and some in the steering wheel. As you pitch from one side to the other at speed it was felt more. I suspect it this continues in others like mine it will get the Big R.

Thanks for all the comments, I used everyone before I went to the dealer today.

Mike in Raleigh, NC
More news the problem after going to the dealer today was that it was the driver side rear wheel hub assembly-bearings that are going bad. Now I also found the other Macan that has the same problem also had this same rear wheel assembly replaced just the other side from mine. The parts are coming directly from Germany.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:40 AM
johneg
AutoX

by any chance did you inquire about front brake caliper finish being dull ?
Old 07-28-2017, 01:00 PM
zekeman1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by doggarnporsche
More news the problem after going to the dealer today was that it was the driver side rear wheel hub assembly-bearings that are going bad. Now I also found the other Macan that has the same problem also had this same rear wheel assembly replaced just the other side from mine. The parts are coming directly from Germany.
Was the hop a grinding like sensation/noise or was there bounce to it? Mine is a periodic grinding sensation feel in the accelerator and steering wheel.
Z
Old 07-28-2017, 10:00 PM
doggarnporsche
Intermediate

Originally Posted by johneg
by any chance did you inquire about front brake caliper finish being dull ?
I asked and I'm waiting to see if service will answer me.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:15 PM
doggarnporsche
Intermediate

Originally Posted by zekeman1
Was the hop a grinding like sensation/noise or was there bounce to it? Mine is a periodic grinding sensation feel in the accelerator and steering wheel.
Z
I was told, it was in the chassis, thus the rear end of the car. I could as it got worse feel it in my floor board and seat, (felt like a hop or shake) and barely in the steering wheel until after 70 mph. I couldn't feel a grinding per say unless I was making a turn, but only a bit with the service manager when we took a drive. With my car having 8000 miles on it now maybe it just took time to show itself. I was the lucking one to get the car at 7000 miles and got the prize. It was a dealer service loaner. It is certified so all this is no expense to me. (CPO'd). I can say that day by the day it got worse after the first 500 miles I put on it. I did ask if they were going to check all the wheel bearings. They didn't want to do that. The test this did was to put some sort of gadget on it hear the bearing grinding. They did on the left rear, but none of the others. Sure makes me feel a bit uneasy to not have all gone through or replaced now. They did the hearing test though on the other wheel hubs so maybe it was some sort of bad batch of wheel hubs/bearings that made it through quality control.

Last edited by doggarnporsche; 07-28-2017 at 10:17 PM. Reason: better grammer/read

Quick Reply: right front hop of my 2017 porsche basic macan