Notices
Macan EV Discuss the 2024 Porsche Macan EV
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Macan EV: Standard side window trims and side blades?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2024 | 10:27 AM
ShalinKoticha
4th Gear

Default Standard side window trims and side blades?

Hi here,

I am configuring my white Porsche Macan Turbo EV and I can't decide if I should go for a black high gloss option or leave it as standard. What is the finish on the standard car? The side window trims look like they're turbonite coloured and the same with the side blades in matte. Are the side blades painted or well finished fibre reinforced plastic? I would like the black but I am also leaning towards the matte.

Appreciate the help!

--
Shalin
Old 07-23-2024 | 11:04 AM
Awas
Instructor

If the colour of your car is Ice Grey, and it seems it is, then high gloss side blades look the best.
This Macan when it was announced was also Ice Grey with high gloss side blades. Porsche must have worked out the best combination when showcasing it.

I too chose the same colour with high gloss side blades.
The following users liked this post:
ShalinKoticha (08-08-2024)
Old 07-23-2024 | 11:49 AM
digli
Advanced

I believe the standard finish for the side blades, front air blades and window trim is a painted matte finish Turbonite.

For my spec (I've been back and forth between Ice Grey and Frozen Blue), I have selected high gloss black for the window trim and front air blades, but body-colour for the side blades and lower mirror housings. Other than a relatively low CDN$ 270 for the gloss black window trim, the other options are no cost for the Turbo.
Old 07-23-2024 | 01:14 PM
TC Cruising
Racer

As you asked, IMO having the side blades body’s colored makes the look longer and smoother (nothing to catch your eyes’ focus between the wheels). But if that is not for you, my next/2nd recommendation is gloss black for the blades. And also gloss black window trim.

But so irrelevant what I think for it is YOURs.
The following 3 users liked this post by TC Cruising:
Awas (07-23-2024), Llarry (07-24-2024), ShalinKoticha (08-08-2024)
Old 07-23-2024 | 01:17 PM
Awas
Instructor

Yes, gloss black for the blades, and gloss black window trim was my choice too : )
Old 07-23-2024 | 02:14 PM
TurboIXXI
Racer

I went with gloss black because the fender arches are gloss black and the window glass is naturally glossy. The only part that isn't gloss is the front windshield trim.. kind of annoying this is matte black with the gloss or turbonite trim. Can we get Porsche to fix this?

Last edited by TurboIXXI; 07-23-2024 at 02:16 PM.
Awas (07-23-2024)
Old 07-23-2024 | 02:26 PM
digli
Advanced

This is completely subjective but here is another forum member's impressions upon seeing the car in New York: https://www.macanevowners.com/forum/...to-show.16841/

Of particular note is their thoughts on the side blades in gloss black. I tend to have the same feeling but again others really like having the broad expanse of sheetmetal broken up by a contrasting side blade (which is a classic Macan design characteristic).

The photos in that post seem to show Turbonite for the front windshield trim.

Last edited by digli; 07-23-2024 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-23-2024 | 03:56 PM
Duke95
Track Day

I had a hard choice between adventurine green and ice gray metallic. Ultimately went with ice gray metallic but felt like it needed to have basically glossy black everywhere possible so that was my final frozen config. Ended up about the same price since ice gray is less expensive than adventurine. I think all the gloss back is going to really set it apart from all the other pretenders out there that are now making all sorts of light gray paint colors.
The following 2 users liked this post by Duke95:
Awas (07-23-2024), ShalinKoticha (08-08-2024)
Old 07-23-2024 | 05:32 PM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Body color was our choice. Think it looks cleaner.
The following 3 users liked this post by Jeff Whitten:
Llarry (07-24-2024), Mulacttocs (07-24-2024), ShalinKoticha (08-08-2024)
Old 08-08-2024 | 09:23 AM
ShalinKoticha
4th Gear

Originally Posted by TurboIXXI
I went with gloss black because the fender arches are gloss black and the window glass is naturally glossy. The only part that isn't gloss is the front windshield trim.. kind of annoying this is matte black with the gloss or turbonite trim. Can we get Porsche to fix this?
Exactly my biggest worry! My obsessiveness will kill me if I have black accents all over the car but some of them don't match! I'm surprised Porsche overlooked something like this!
Old 08-08-2024 | 09:30 AM
ShalinKoticha
4th Gear

Originally Posted by digli
This is completely subjective but here is another forum member's impressions upon seeing the car in New York: https://www.macanevowners.com/forum/...to-show.16841/

Of particular note is their thoughts on the side blades in gloss black. I tend to have the same feeling but again others really like having the broad expanse of sheetmetal broken up by a contrasting side blade (which is a classic Macan design characteristic).

The photos in that post seem to show Turbonite for the front windshield trim.
This is really helpful. I am going for a contrast black and white spec as I have the same spec on my 992 GT3. I think to keep it safe, I will go with the HGB options wherever possible and then wrap them in satin PPF. I welcome better suggestions!
Old 08-08-2024 | 09:44 AM
TC Cruising
Racer

If the windshield surround not being a gloss black is bothering you, get HyperDip and make it glossy. I have used it before in several applications and it lasted every time for at least three years and looked good until the end (when I sold both cars at that time).

I personaly prefer HyperDip to PlastiDip, especially for black gloss. https://www.dipyourcar.com/products/...perdip-aerosol
Old 08-08-2024 | 01:10 PM
TurboIXXI
Racer

Originally Posted by TC Cruising
If the windshield surround not being a gloss black is bothering you, get HyperDip and make it glossy. I have used it before in several applications and it lasted every time for at least three years and looked good until the end (when I sold both cars at that time).

I personaly prefer HyperDip to PlastiDip, especially for black gloss. https://www.dipyourcar.com/products/...perdip-aerosol
I'd rather leave it matte than use a product I need to reapply. Was your car garaged? I don't plan on garaging a new electric car for one particular reason.
Old 08-08-2024 | 04:31 PM
TC Cruising
Racer

Yes both of our most recent Hyper-Dipped cars were garaged. I also will not be doing so on my Macan, e.g., just offering an option for ShalinKoticha.
Old 08-08-2024 | 05:08 PM
TomekGnomek
Track Day

Originally Posted by TC Cruising
Can you elaborate on that please? It gets more tricky with Macan 4 (not the Turbo) as it has matte bottom parts.

This was the one thing I couldn't decide and after talking to the my dealer decided to go for glossy trim (windows, side panels and mirrors) on Ice Grey but I'm worried how it will look in real life with the bottom matte.

Quick Reply: Macan EV: Standard side window trims and side blades?