Sponsored by:

Macan EV: Macan EV Production and Delivery Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2024, 06:12 PM
marcocean
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshL
I placed a deposit for a 4S two weeks ago with Porsche littleton here in Colorado. I asked my sales rep who told me they had a September location how to track the order and he simply said they would “send me an invitation when it’s ready.”

Is there some kind of order tracking number or anything else I should be asking for I see people talking about build codes and statuses but this is all new to me. I expected to be able to log into Porsche’s website and see something…

Thanks for any tips!
I asked my sales rep for the Commission Number, which the website was asking for when I logged in. I put it in and received an error.

He said, "I have heard they have been having technical issues. I would try again in a few weeks."
Old 08-20-2024, 06:21 PM
leowc
Track Day

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Smile

I placed a deposit for a 4S two weeks ago with Porsche littleton here in Colorado. I asked my sales rep who told me they had a September location how to track the order and he simply said they would “send me an invitation when it’s ready.”

Is there some kind of order tracking number or anything else I should be asking for I see people talking about build codes and statuses but this is all new to me. I expected to be able to log into Porsche’s website and see something…

Thanks for any tips!
I deposited a Macan 4 on 03/22 and received a receipt and a copy of my initial build, which I modified several times before the freeze date. On 04/22, my SA e-mailed me that my order had been updated to V200, with a new freeze date of June 9, 2024, and an estimated delivery date of September 20, 2024. When I initially placed the deposit, my SA mentioned that I should expect to receive the car by November 2024, with test drives available between June and July. From what I understand, the Macan EV doesn't have a production tracking system, so you'll need to request updates from your SA.
The following users liked this post:
TC Cruising (08-20-2024)
Old 08-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Duke95
Track Day

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for any tips!
Ah, no... Your sales rep can see build times, shipping times, delivery times and arrival times on their computer. Mine happily sent me a screenshot when I the car froze and since it was supposed to start in production yesterday I asked her today for a new screenshot, which she sent within the hour. Was happy to see the car went into production 3 days early! Anyway your sales rep can do the same.
TC Cruising (08-20-2024)
Old 08-21-2024, 04:29 PM
markcochran
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for any tips!
Your SA is correct. When your car goes into production, you will get an e-mail from Porsche that invites you to add your commission number (on your build sheet) to your MyPorsche account. Then you can follow your build the rest of the way. Trying to add your car with the commission number before that results in an error message.

Old 08-21-2024, 04:32 PM
markcochran
7th Gear

Originally Posted by tmrqs
Anyone knows if the tests are done in California or in say Vermont for instance? Would change results quite a bit as temperatures are night and day.
One thing of interest is that the EPA charges for the test and that cost, about $35K, is visible in the documentation. That suggests that an EPA facility or contractor is used.
Old 08-21-2024, 04:49 PM
Duke95
Track Day

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by markcochran
Your SA is correct. When your car goes into production, you will get an e-mail from Porsche that invites you to add your commission number (on your build sheet) to your MyPorsche account. Then you can follow your build the rest of the way. Trying to add your car with the commission number before that results in an error message.
That is not correct. With the Macan EV, sure, you can get your commission number, but it wont work in MyPorsche. It will return a message that "TrackMyDream is not available for this code" which is because they dont have it set up yet for the MacanEV. At least that is what I was told and what happens to me when I try to enter by config code. (and what Porsche told me when I emailed them directly about this).

But again you can follow your build by asking your rep to screen shot your build schedule from the Porsche Sales and Vehicle Management System which will provide you dates for entry into body shop, exit production, vehicle completion, exit factory, arrive at Emden port, exit port, arrive at destination port, exit destination port, and dealer arrival.
leowc (08-21-2024)
Old 08-21-2024, 05:13 PM
fubar.droid
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

My rep told me my car is in San Diego now. Only a month left to go!
leowc (08-21-2024)
Old 08-21-2024, 05:13 PM
TC Cruising
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts

Anyone knows if the tests are done in California or in say Vermont for instance? Would change results quite a bit as temperatures are night and day.
Here’s how fuel economy testing is done.

https://www.epa.gov/greenvehicles/fu...AC%20operation
Old 08-21-2024, 09:42 PM
PSPJames
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

This is what I ran into as well. My dealer gave me the VIN number (so I could get an insurance quote). I plugged it in but they came back and said I couldn't add anything as I didn't own the car, and that Track My Dream was unavailable. One would think with the excitement around this vehicle (and so many new EV owners) they would have invested in the technology.
Old 08-21-2024, 11:18 PM
markcochran
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Duke95
That is not correct. With the Macan EV, sure, you can get your commission number, but it wont work in MyPorsche. It will return a message that "TrackMyDream is not available for this code" which is because they dont have it set up yet for the MacanEV. At least that is what I was told and what happens to me when I try to enter by config code. (and what Porsche told me when I emailed them directly about this).

But again you can follow your build by asking your rep to screen shot your build schedule from the Porsche Sales and Vehicle Management System which will provide you dates for entry into body shop, exit production, vehicle completion, exit factory, arrive at Emden port, exit port, arrive at destination port, exit destination port, and dealer arrival.
I think we are getting to the same point. Porsche says that the commission number WILL work in TrackMyDream once your car goes into production. That also came direct from Porsche. But who knows, maybe they are misleading us both.
Old 08-22-2024, 01:21 PM
rennsau
3rd Gear

Does anyone know what the difference in waiting time is between the Macan 4 and the Turbo? I heard the Turbo is difficult to get atm...
Old 08-22-2024, 01:40 PM
tmrqs
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by rennsau
Does anyone know what the difference in waiting time is between the Macan 4 and the Turbo? I heard the Turbo is difficult to get atm...
There are some allocations for Turbo, where are you located?
Old 08-22-2024, 07:21 PM
sparkhill
Burning Brakes

Received 519 Likes on 312 Posts

There are some allocations for Turbo, where are you located?
Do you know of changeable Turbo allocations. My small local dealer has received zero so far, and my larger normal California dealer has received one, I think. Admittedly, I have not really be stalking allocations.
Old 08-23-2024, 01:10 PM
rennsau
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by sparkhill
Do you know of changeable Turbo allocations. My small local dealer has received zero so far, and my larger normal California dealer has received one, I think. Admittedly, I have not really be stalking allocations.
I am based in the UK and have only heard that Turbos are limited and only allocations for the Macan 4 are available but also with deliveries from next year onwards.
Old 08-23-2024, 03:50 PM
sparkhill
Burning Brakes

Received 519 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by rennsau
I am based in the UK and have only heard that Turbos are limited and only allocations for the Macan 4 are available but also with deliveries from next year onwards.
Thank you.

Quick Reply: Macan EV: Macan EV Production and Delivery Discussion Thread