HWFM Accesories

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HWFM Accesories

While not truly an accessory, every HWFM turtle should have their own shell. Because I can't wait, here's what mine looks like in the final stages of painting and before the clear coat. It should arrive tomorrow, just in time for use this weekend.

A custom painted helmet was a Christmas present from my wife ages ago that I finally decided how I wanted it painted and found a guy that does a lot of airbrush and artistic work (instead of just different color lines and blocks).

I also got a custom fit Stand 21 suit last Christmas that I finally got the measurements taken and the suit design decided and the suit made. Photos of that and the final helmet to come.

You can see that in true HWFM fashion I was extremely diligent in following up on my wife's generosity almost 3 years to do the helmet and 10 months for the suit. I'll be racing my turtle this weekend and might finish a lap in a week or two...
Attached Images     
Old 10-28-2011, 02:46 AM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

The final helmet...
Attached Images     
Old 10-29-2011, 12:18 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,777 Likes on 2,367 Posts

that's way cool, tom.
good luck this wkend.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:15 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to see the suit. Post pix you get it. Is it Turtle-fied also?

I guess in true turtle fashion we will have to wait 3 years for pix.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:01 AM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Here is what I have from the debut at the season ender (Is that true HWFM? Start at the end of the season?) A photo of me (the fat guy in the suit) with occasional co-driver, friend and chief mechanic Rich Walton from Jerry Woods. Unfortunately, the HANS device obscures the HWFM logo on the suit.
Attached Images  
Old 11-17-2011, 02:41 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,777 Likes on 2,367 Posts

looking spiffy, tom.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

The HWFM logo on the suit...

I also have to comment on getting what you pay for. I replaced a better quality Momo suit with this one. There is no comparison between them. This one fits great (it should it's custom made) with no bunching up and being to tight or too loose. The fabric in the Stand 21 actually lets are penetrate - I can feel the breeze coming in through the window with this one. It's easier to get on and off too. The flap in the lower photo is to allow the cool suit hoses to come out in the right spot not to interfere with the belts and not to leave any holes/openings in the fire protection.
Attached Images   
Old 11-28-2011, 07:47 AM
emming
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like how everything is matching, the helmet and the suit matches perfectly together and have style. Nice!
The work of the airbrusher is great. He did a nice work on the shading especially.
This kind of makes me want to own also an individual helmet with a nice airbrush It's nice to have something outstanding.

Quick Reply: HWFM Accesories