Notices

OK- I'll ask....

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 06:43 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
They're all hiding in the Off Topic forum on that site.
In order to see/access it, you have to pay money...really.
And if you get caught making fun of the wrong politician, you're out of the club...really.
Fixed it for you...

Sound like any place familiar?
Old 06-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
They're all hiding in the Off Topic forum on that site.
In order to see/access it, you have to be "invited" by a current member...really.
And if you get caught passing notes during class, you're out of the club...really.
Lewis, you both surprise me and disappoint me.

What exactly would anyone be "hiding" from?

"In order to see/access it, you have to be "invited" by a current member", wrong/incomplete information Lewis.

"And if you get caught passing notes during class, you're out of the club". WTF is that? It not only is not anywhere close to the facts, it has nothing to do with the reality of the Reutterwerk Forums.

As a former frequent poster on this Forum, I can assure you that I am not "hiding" from anyone or anything.

As an infrequent poster on Reutterwerk Forums, including their Off Topic Forum, I can tell you that very few of the previous frequent posters to the HWFM Racing Forum post at all there, let alone the Off Topic Forum.

I would advise anyone who is interested in the facts to go to Reutterwerk Forums and view the participation rules, including those for the Off Topic Forums.

As for the comment about "passing notes in class", I have no clue what you mean, but I believe the comment speaks a lot all by itself.

You tell a poster who questions your post that if it is to be discussed further, you suggest a PM? You placed your post publicly, no?

For the record, I still post on RL, as well as other website/forums, just as I always have. I am in no way trying to discuss any "us vs. them" topic or issues. I am simply trying to correct some incorrect statements, and wondering why they were made to begin with.

As I said, you both surprise me and disappoint me. The surprise will be a one time thing by definition. The disappointment, that may be a different matter.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:22 PM
animal8526
Banned

Received 147 Likes on 84 Posts

someone's bias is showing.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:05 PM
aeshultz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey - this used to be fun.......
Old 06-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by aeshultz
Hey - this used to be fun.......
Still is, for me anyway. Some folks are just getting too serious for this particular section of the forum. Knock it off you guys! Start making fun of each other and griping and stuff -- like it used to be. Bob . . . here's a single-malt scotch for ya. Lewis . . . uh . . . dunno what you like to drink, lol, but here's one for you, too.

Animal . . . here's some coffee for you. That should calm you down. HA!
Old 06-26-2009, 11:47 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
Lewis, you both surprise me and disappoint me.

What exactly would anyone be "hiding" from?

"In order to see/access it, you have to be "invited" by a current member", wrong/incomplete information Lewis.

"And if you get caught passing notes during class, you're out of the club". WTF is that? It not only is not anywhere close to the facts, it has nothing to do with the reality of the Reutterwerk Forums.

As a former frequent poster on this Forum, I can assure you that I am not "hiding" from anyone or anything.

As an infrequent poster on Reutterwerk Forums, including their Off Topic Forum, I can tell you that very few of the previous frequent posters to the HWFM Racing Forum post at all there, let alone the Off Topic Forum.

I would advise anyone who is interested in the facts to go to Reutterwerk Forums and view the participation rules, including those for the Off Topic Forums.

As for the comment about "passing notes in class", I have no clue what you mean, but I believe the comment speaks a lot all by itself.

You tell a poster who questions your post that if it is to be discussed further, you suggest a PM? You placed your post publicly, no?

For the record, I still post on RL, as well as other website/forums, just as I always have. I am in no way trying to discuss any "us vs. them" topic or issues. I am simply trying to correct some incorrect statements, and wondering why they were made to begin with.

As I said, you both surprise me and disappoint me. The surprise will be a one time thing by definition. The disappointment, that may be a different matter.

I agree. Lewis seems like a good guy and hes's right that there is some childish behaviour going on but it's not coming from the former frequent posters in this forum. It's too bad that most have abandoned this forum but it really has nothing to do with John's site.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:05 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

I agree with both Scott and Bull about who used to post here -- few of those folks were trouble makers. I so miss the banter we used to share. How do we get our pals to come back, do you think? Sigh.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:21 PM
breale01
Racer

I still feel like a newbie to Rennlist, so excuse my ignorance, but what 'was' the 'Hey Wait For Me' Racing forum for? What kind of discussions were held in the past? I remember clicking into it last year and recall that there was alot more subject matter in here, just don't remember what....
Old 07-15-2009, 12:11 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by breale01
I still feel like a newbie to Rennlist, so excuse my ignorance, but what 'was' the 'Hey Wait For Me' Racing forum for? What kind of discussions were held in the past? I remember clicking into it last year and recall that there was alot more subject matter in here, just don't remember what....
I'll take a shot at this. I think Mike would say that the HWFM forum was intended to be a common place for the HWFM team to hang out, share stories, tell lies and generally BS with each other. Before it was created the 993 forum was where we went to keep up to date with what the HWFM crew was doing.

If you don't already know, HWFM is a group of racers led by Mike (Big T) that get together at races to hang out, share stories, tell lies and generally BS with each other. The group was pretty small when I first met them in 2003. I think I'm member #35 or something like that. Over time the crew did a lot of fun stuff including a team trip to Le Manns where they sponsored the TRG GT3RS but for the most part it remains a group of friends that have a great time hanging out at races.

The reason HWFM has lasted so long and grown so big is all about Mike. He's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. And, of course, because we have cool t-shirts!

So what happened to this forum? Beats me. I think most of the HWFM guys and gals I know from the track got bored with the junior high humor pretty quickly and wandered off. I know I did. At some point Mike got sick of dealing with the BS and quit stopping by as well.

A very important note. As I've said before, the death of the HWFM Rennlist forum has nothing to do with the HWFM team. It still exists and will as long as Mike wants it to. You can always find us hanging out in the turtle pond at a club race somewhere.
Jim
Old 07-18-2009, 11:29 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 49 Likes on 11 Posts

JimB hit it on the head. And really you dont have to be "invited". If you have a similar interest and ask
you can invite yourself, I dont EVER remember Mike or anyone else turning anyone down.
I need to get ahold of Mike in Chi. I know he retired.

I think what happened is like Mike some guys have retired and gone off to other things. My story is the last 2-3 years a failing back- surgery in Dec and recovery I sold my GT3 because I couldnt drive it.
I have spent the last 4 months wondering how to get back in the 911 family or the Porsche family.
in fact I know at least 8-10 HWFMR guys who have retired in the last year.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 17 Posts

Interesting thread. As a pretty early adopter of Rennlist and a member of Johns site before it became this, I saw but never actually participated in the HYFMR phenomenon though it was a joy to watch it grow.

I still pop by the Rennlist forum from time to time but have moved to other forums as my cars changed too. Either way its good to see that there are still some oldies around...

Quick Reply: OK- I'll ask....