Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 01:50 AM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HWFM Moment

It's too quiet here!

I created a very non-professional movie of a recent HWFM moment and stuck it here: http://www.turtledriver.net/TurtleDriver.net/Movie.html

I neglected to check the rear-view camera for level and due to a software glitch the track map is butt ugly. You get what you pay for.

In true HWFM Racing tradition, I spin in Turn 1 on lap 1 of a sprint race. I got all the excuses down pat but it was stupidity plain and simple. I did recover from the spin (and the near hit from the guy behind me doing the same thing) to pass all cars between my main competition in my class by lap 8. Unfortunately I did not get the opportunity to make a high percentage pass of the other guy before the end of the race so I finished 2nd in class.

I won't mention that in the next race an hour later I won the GT5S class (NASA GTS) and the race outright (with a 25 second gap to P2).
Old 05-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do I know you, Tom? That car looks familiar. Congrates on your win, AND your spin!
Old 05-06-2009, 01:52 AM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bonni: It's likely we've met at some time over the last 6 or so years I've been driving at the track and when you were in CA. Dean and Laura Thomas are friends (even if they do Miata events now instead of Porsche). I drive with NASA/PRC, NCRC/ARC, Trackmasters or HOD. I've done a couple PDC track days but not for a couple years. I instruct for GGR or NCRC.

I think I was HWFM member #42 or something like that. The West Coast contingent is a bit more subdued but just as slow as the rest of the folk.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:10 PM
bodykits
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello guyz... Nice to be here... My name is Edz, I am from the Philippines and love the world of cars and machines... hope i will do fit here..

Quick Reply: HWFM Moment