Three Weeks to Go . . .

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 02:29 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonster
I've been to Sebring several times (instructing for Chin and getting free track time in a borrowed car), I know what you mean! I still can't understand why folks take 15 so wide . . . right out into the marbles and the crappy pavement. Fools! Seriously, despite the three different kinds of surface there, I love Sebring. I WILL conquer turn 17 someday!
I don't get why people drive off-course to take 15 either. Chin has started to put cones out there to keep people on the track. 17 is one of my favorite corners anywhere. You just have to have confidence that the bouncing will stop eventually. I'll look forward to meeting you at a Chin event sometime. You should join PBOC as well.

P.S. Love bugs are still here in Tampa but there wasn't many of them this spring. Too dry I guess.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the line alright in 17, I just sometimes wonder if I'll get the car reigned back in. Part of this could be because the car I borrowed does not have the kind of stiff suspension I'm used to. Turn one is a hoot too! Total brain teaser at first. I can't wait to get back out there. I really like that track. Wish they had better facilities though.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:08 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Bonster, I'm just a few miles up the road from Navarre at Destin with the family this week until Sat 6/21. We have a house rented for the week and if you're here in time, you and the hubby should join us by the pool for some beers.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Hangin' out with the old snow birds in Destin eh, Steve? If you go to the Beall's there, look for the loaner electric wheelchairs and scooter chairs. It's a kick! Destin is actually about a half hour from Navarre . . . about fifteen minutes east of Hurlburt Field (AFB extension) along 98. We won't be there in time, though. But if you go there again, DEFINITELY let me know and we'd love to join you all.

For the best breakfast in town, by the way . . . get in the phone book and look up "Neighborhood Cafe" in nearby Ft. Walton Beach. HUGE servings, Southern style, outstanding prices. They serve breakfast up until I think 10:30AM, but it's best if you get there by 9AM.

Anyway . . . and this goes for everybody . . . if any of you folks are in town, let me know! If we're not on TDY or anything, I'd be more than delighted to meet ya.

Last edited by Bonster; 06-15-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:48 AM
deep_uv
RIP

Originally Posted by Bonster
Hangin' out with the old snow birds in Destin eh, Steve? If you go to the Beall's there, look for the loaner electric wheelchairs and scooter chairs. It's a kick! Destin is actually about a half hour from Navarre . . . about fifteen minutes east of Hurlburt Field (AFB extension) along 98. We won't be there in time, though. But if you go there again, DEFINITELY let me know and we'd love to join you all.

For the best breakfast in town, by the way . . . get in the phone book and look up "Neighborhood Cafe" in nearby Ft. Walton Beach. HUGE servings, Southern style, outstanding prices. They serve breakfast up until I think 10:30AM, but it's best if you get there by 9AM.

Anyway . . . and this goes for everybody . . . if any of you folks are in town, let me know! If we're not on TDY or anything, I'd be more than delighted to meet ya.

If the snowbirds know what's good for them, they're all gone during June, July and August. Not a relaxing existence for old codgers (me included) by any means. I was there sharing a house with my brother and our families. Three girls - 6, 7 and 8 and an 18 month old boy between us. Only one of them is mine, thank God.

I love the Emerald coast and am a frequent visitor. We had a great time, but I'm whupped.

Oh yeah, I kicked some major booty at "The Track" in Destin. I would take the girls out and we'd purposely get in the last staged cart and go from last to first on the wooden track course over and over. Taunting the Dads and children along the way. They were about to kick me outta there. Here's a cell phone shot of my brother taking my daughter out for a session.
Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

I've been by that place several times, I know exactly where it's at! Next time you're in town we DEFINITELY need to meet up! I keep saying I wanna go there . . . now I'll have an excuse.

The pic is CLASSIC. I just wonder why your daughter is grinning like a wild bandit and your brother is grimacing? Lol. I've never seen a double cart before. Weird! Do they have singles? I don't wanna share a cart with John. I'm WAY better at driving. Lol.

By the way . . . the haul to Florida begins this Thursday. Our goal is to get everything moved and semi-settled just in time to celebrate the 4th of July.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:14 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Yeah, they have single carts too. That way you can whup up on the hubby. Not sure what the grimace was, maybe he ate a bug or something.

Have a safe trip!
Old 06-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by deep_uv
Not sure what the grimace was, maybe he ate a bug or something.
***Or maybe she's been taking notes on how daddy drives. She does kind of have that Danica Patrick look goin' on. And that evil grin . . . bwahahaha. You just might have a little racer on your hands, watch out! Hehe!

Quick Reply: Three Weeks to Go . . .