Notices

Forgive me fellow turtles, I screwed up....

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 01:53 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Capt. Slow
Correct. TWS running CCW. I was not -- briefly.

Here's what happened:

In the Blue group at the time, with the aforementioned instructor (who is a real hoot!), got waved by someone (who must have had a 1. mechanical problem 2. out of gas or 3. forgot to take off the parking brake), now on the waaayyy wrong line but at the correct speed for the proper line.

See where this is going?

Drop two wheels off. And do the usual stupid thing and "ease it back on the pavement" albeit carrying waaayyy too much speed.

Well, as even turtles know, that means a quick trip across the track and begin mowing the grass on the other side. Whether it was CW or CCW whilst mowing, I really don't know.

See? I think I may be qualified after all to be here.

I know I have a few more assignments to complete, but I am getting there.

- the Shorthaired Pointer in the mobile chicane
You guys are very fortunate with those tracks and the wide-open runoff areas! Try that at Watkins Glen and you will end up like my friend did when he came back across the track last year at The Glen, crossing about 20 feet of grass.....and then straight-on into the blue armco. He broke 5 bones in his foot that was on the brake (now has plates and screws so he can really mash that pedal!) and will get his car back next month....since June. Hey, he will have a full Cup Car clone though!

Not that you should worry or anything..................

Quick Reply: Forgive me fellow turtles, I screwed up....