A request to join the Pantheon of Slowness

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 04:10 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dmw44
I am leaving for Rennsport tomorrow afternoon to set up the corners for the racing. Therefore, I humbly request that the alledged super-secret committee grant me final disposition of my request. The waiting and "not-knowing" would be too much to bear. Should I be granted such awesomeness, I suggest the title Team Corner Captain and Director of Flag Management/flaginator. This would relieve Greg of the tremendous burden of being the new Junior Member (congrats Greg!). The pic taken at Turn 3 at the 48-Hours says it all, doesn't it??
Thanks for your consideration,
Doug
Doug, check post #28....I thought the BT spoke and you are in???? I thought we were just slow giving you a title. Although, now that i see the hat you are wearing, I'm hopeing I'm wrong about post #28!
Old 10-30-2007, 04:39 PM
dmw44
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow!! I did not realize that the BT's post was definitive! Beyond my wildest dreams!! Well, maybe not the wildest...I will wear the honor like the red badge of courage...the scarlet letter. On second thought, maybe not those choices. Bull, I was only wearing the hat because it was orange and easily seen. Can I placate you?? I will buy a Tennessee (obviously also orange) hat and wear it on the corner at the event(s) of your choice. I will send you 6 or 7 pics of Neyland Stadium (full size) so you can reminisce. Anything else you need?
Regards, Doug
Old 10-30-2007, 04:45 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,731 Likes on 890 Posts

Ew. Wipe his DNA off your chin, please.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
You like me.

You REALLY like me!!
Yeah I do, damn it.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,731 Likes on 890 Posts

Hahaha!!
Old 10-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dmw44
Wow!! I did not realize that the BT's post was definitive! Beyond my wildest dreams!! Well, maybe not the wildest...I will wear the honor like the red badge of courage...the scarlet letter. On second thought, maybe not those choices. Bull, I was only wearing the hat because it was orange and easily seen. Can I placate you?? I will buy a Tennessee (obviously also orange) hat and wear it on the corner at the event(s) of your choice. I will send you 6 or 7 pics of Neyland Stadium (full size) so you can reminisce. Anything else you need?
Regards, Doug
Actually, there is the slightest chance that I could be wrong and have completely misinterpreted the BT's meaning, but we can usually determine just what he is getting at with his infrequent mutterings....er, I mean pronouncements.

Hold the Neyland Stadium pictures, as I have more than I need, and the road maps on my knees to the place. I graduated from the University of Washington and did Gradual School there, amongst other schools they offered....so i should balance out with some Husky Stadium pics I suppose.

Quick Reply: A request to join the Pantheon of Slowness