Notices

Official HWFMR Stickers -- Who wants one?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 07:27 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Official HWFMR Stickers -- Who wants one?

Talked via email to BT today, and to repent for driving too fast for my HWFMR sticker, I've volunteered to get some made for team members. These will be officially sanctioned by the BT, and available only to HWFMR members. Here's the deal.

I got the official artwork from BT. I will talk with a vinyl guy and try to get a reasonable price on a group buy.

Mike asked that I not make the art work available to anyone, so there is no way for me to post an example right now, but envision a combination of the Hey Wait For Me -- Racing script you see at the top of this forum, with the turtle logo to the right of it. You can see the turtle on the team website: http://www.hwfmr.com/hwfmr.htm

I would expect the sticker to be about 24"X6".I'm interested in reusable vinyl to put on my daily driver for DE events. However, if enough are interested in permanent ones, I'll inquire about those as well. Once I have a rough estimate of volume, and a price, I'll set something up so members can deal directly with the vendor. There is absolutely no profit in this for me at all. I'll guarantee a minimum number of stickers to the vendor, pay for the ones I buy, and if need be make the vendor whole if we don't meet the volume.

At this point, I could use an expression of interest from you. Let me know how many stickers you would like, and whether you would want permanent or reusable. I've not talked to the vendor yet, so I'm not sure about the cost, but for what it's worth, you can get a set of three nice reusable numbers from solotime for ~$100. I'm guessing maybe $25 to $50 range.

Want some?
How many?
Permanent or reusable?
Old 10-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes.
Not sure.
Depends.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Thanks for handling this Mike

I will be ordering up another bunch of wearables -- hats, tees and possibly jackets or fleeces over the winter. Hopefully we will have a number of different slogans/statements on the backs of the tees.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:52 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

The logo file is not supported anymore for rennlist. Tried to change it and it wouldn't take.

The logo Mike has for the stickers is the logo at the bottom left of this poster (from our Le Mans sponsorship a few years ago)
Attached Images  
Old 10-24-2007, 07:54 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Thanks Mike. I couldn't figure out how to post the artwork without putting it out into the public domain. (right click save and all...)

I will probably do a rectangular sticker, white background with the logo in the colors you see in Mike's poster.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm interested Mike. I should point out that one of our HWFMR members in good standing, or good leaning if you are looking at the WOR calendar, is the owner of vinyl cutting software and equipment. She also has a manservant who designs and cuts said vinyl for some of us. the graphics on my car were done in the household of our own Master Baker...er, I mean Food Angel.

I'm sure that they will be thrilled that I brought them into this.......
Old 10-24-2007, 08:15 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

I did think about Katie, but didn't want to volunteer her for anything. I'd hate for it to come in the way of her master baking.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mglobe
I did think about Katie, but didn't want to volunteer her for anything. I'd hate for it to come in the way of her master baking.
I'm not supposed to eat her sugar laced cookies, so she can't cut me off....and if I don't **** her off once every couple of months she gets very suspicious. Besides, you aren't volunteering her. Rather, you are volunteering Charlie!
Old 10-24-2007, 11:37 PM
Food Angel
Off-Topic Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Say, I have an idea...Why don't you contact DrJupeman!

He handles all of the stuff like design and cost. I just weed everything once it comes off of the cutter. (Don't Bull's graphics look nice? Oddly enough, both Bull's avatar and my avatar were both taken in my front yard...)

Old 10-24-2007, 11:43 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
I'm interested Mike. I should point out that one of our HWFMR members in good standing, or good leaning if you are looking at the WOR calendar, is the owner of vinyl cutting software and equipment. She also has a manservant who designs and cuts said vinyl for some of us. the graphics on my car were done in the household of our own Master Baker...er, I mean Food Angel.

I'm sure that they will be thrilled that I brought them into this.......
We'd be happy to help, but we don't have the capability to print on vinyl. Therefore stickers need to be simple, layered colors. If you want dithering or shading as in the original logo posted above, we can't really help.

If you want something simpler, with one, two, and maybe three solid colors, then let us know...

(We can make t-shirts (or underwear, sweatshirts, whatever), too. Same limitation on colors...)
Old 10-25-2007, 12:06 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

I've got an email into my vinyl guy. Let's see if he can do the job or not, & what his price is.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:58 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am in for a set. BTW you can put a bumper sticker type on easy to get flexible magnetic material and make them into magnets.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:49 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by kurt M
I am in for a set. BTW you can put a bumper sticker type on easy to get flexible magnetic material and make them into magnets.
Sure, go ahead and brag about having some real sheetmetal remaining on your car!
Old 10-25-2007, 12:06 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes
Four
Permanent
Old 10-25-2007, 12:10 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Just talked to my guy. He can do the multi-color printing on vinyl, so they should look just like the artwork. He's working up a price on both permanent and reusable. Size will be roughly 24"x6 1/2". They will be rectangular, but if you want one that just follows the shape of the graphics, you should be able to do that with an exacto knife. Of course a knife could be a pretty dangerous piece of equipment for a HWFMR member, so we may want to rethink that. I should have pricing later today I hope.

Quick Reply: Official HWFMR Stickers -- Who wants one?