Notices

I wouldn't dare ask this in the racing forum........

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Excellent work Bull.

The entire team is looking forward to your report.

But do not rush. Take as much time as you need. We want to be fair to Dr Pain.
Yes Sir! We don't want any of that "Rush to Judgement" stuff around here. This could make the Hundred Years War look like a quick dust-up!
Old 10-11-2007, 12:37 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,022 Likes on 477 Posts

for what its worth...

I decided I wanted to clurace last September with the PCA. I then made one of the BEST/WORST decisions in my life and chose to do so in a 996tt. I had the car fully "done up" and ready by March. I did my first real De in March (07) (after doing a couple skippy schools) at VIR. I went to every DE my region offered and listened VERY attentively to my instructors(especially Steve Meenan and Bob T.) and completed my first PCA clubrace just last weekend with great results (sans the deer... ...). I think I can go to show that even the posterboy of doing things the WRONG way and "too quickely" (way too fast of a car to start tracking with really high potential/wanting to move up quickely regardless of SOP) can do it if he REALLY wants it and is able to listen and adapt.

I agree with Larry and others that the only way you can EVER learn how to race is to race...I talked to a first time Racer at the clubrace who is a great Instructor of my region and has years of track experience and he was way more nervous and trepid than I was from day one. That said, I would say KNOWING the track you are going to WELL and not having to think, even for a second about hitting an apex or turn in or track out etc, is necessary for racing as honestly, there are few times where you can drive that way and not get passed or be in the way. You also need to know how to drive your car fast on the VERY edges of the track regardless of where you are on them as the first 2-5 laps are so chaotic that rarely is a nice place to be found untill the pack spreads a bit...

Also, Susan is a gem and really works hard to get you out there and legally!

If you want it, go get it!!!!

-Drew

PS...deer dont care about a rookie X on the back of your car though FYI...

Quick Reply: I wouldn't dare ask this in the racing forum........