Notices

Since Francine loved time trials so much....

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 11:15 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,667 Likes on 860 Posts
Default Since Francine loved time trials so much....

here is what a friend of mine recently said about his experience at a NASA time trial:

"The TT events that I have seen at the local NASA are the scariest things I have ever been in. I did one last weekend and we had 70MPH pit speeds, people running pit lane counter race with a hot track, a guy removing his helmet as he exited a hot track at the top of 12, and other Darwinistic events. "

Sounds like GerbilRaper is right at home there!
Old 08-30-2007, 06:53 AM
jester911
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds like he is the organizer of that event.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:07 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One can only hope he continues to participate in many more events like that......
Old 08-30-2007, 09:29 AM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't know what region that was in, but the NASA events in the Ohio/Indiana and Midwest regions are run extremely well. None of the things you mentioned would be tolerated even for a second. I run in the race groups, but I can't believe the time trial groups are any different. If you take off any of your safety gear on a hot track you are fined $50. I've seen it happen. Speeding in the pits isn't tolerated at all, and if you tried to run counter direction in the hot pits you would likely be thrown out.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,667 Likes on 860 Posts

I would imagine most are run extremely well, Jim. I do not know where this person visited, and wouldn't say if I did. It just went to the point of why Francine likened TT's to W2W racing, and his failure to thrive in either environment safely.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:38 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our region is similar to Jim's. You don't take your helmet off until you are in the paddock. If you speed in the hot pits, you are sent back paddock until an official clears you. I dunno what they do in SoCal, though. But in the NorCal region, safety is not taken lightly, and I'm glad for it.

But yes, I get why Dave brought it up. It does sound like a bonehead move expected from the village idiot. Oh wait -- he's not part of the village anymore.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:52 PM
LoanWolf
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
here is what a friend of mine recently said about his experience at a NASA time trial:

"The TT events that I have seen at the local NASA are the scariest things I have ever been in. I did one last weekend and we had 70MPH pit speeds, people running pit lane counter race with a hot track, a guy removing his helmet as he exited a hot track at the top of 12, and other Darwinistic events. "

Sounds like GerbilRaper is right at home there!
Could have been the Arizona chapter where they adore GhettoMoron's personality and skillz
Old 08-30-2007, 03:54 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LoanWolf
Could have been the Arizona chapter where they adore GhettoMoron's personality and skillz
Too much sun, son?
Old 08-30-2007, 04:13 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LoanWolf
Nope..
Not a chance. I run with NASA Arizona (I have since 2002) and they do not allow that kind of stuff in TT or in any run group. In spite of what your thinking NASA Az events are good and well run events. That is not to say their is never an occasional yahoo, but they just don't last long before they get tossed.

Frankie has run here 2-3 times. Last time I saw him was January. He kept his nose clean and nobody cared. If he did anything dumb he would be booted like anyone else.

You guys can rag on frank all you want as he deserves what he gets. Please don't mix all the NASA Az guys in with Frankie. Yes I take it personally if you think NASA Az is filled with idoits.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:14 PM
LoanWolf
Pro

Originally Posted by Bull
Too much sun, son?
I know it's hard to believe but here it is: https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=263
Old 08-30-2007, 04:18 PM
LoanWolf
Pro

Originally Posted by M758
Nope..
Not a chance. I run with NASA Arizona (I have since 2002) and they do not allow that kind of stuff in TT or in any run group. In spite of what you thing NASA Az events are good well run events. That is not to say their is never an occasional yahoo, but they just don't last one. Frankie has run here 2-3 times. Last time I saw him was January. He kept his nose clean and nobody cared. If he did anything dumb he would be booted like anyone else.
To tell you the truth, I don't see who would allow stuff like that to go on at a driving event...I am sure Jason Boles would not let anyone get away with behaviour like that...if nothing else, he sounded very insurance-consciencious (did I spell that right??)

Quick Reply: Since Francine loved time trials so much....