Notices

Let's get back to the wit that made this fun in the first place

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there an echo in here??? You got that damn reverb unit turned up again Ringo??????
Old 08-21-2007, 11:10 PM
RDL
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 12 Posts

Good Riddance is by far and away the BEST
Old 08-22-2007, 12:46 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about a forum name that does away with any essence of GR. A bench racing forum is a great idea. Off topic with a track bent and without the pissing match, no one ever wins topics like politics, religion or both together. Think about it DE or racing weekend we all spend more time in the paddock or out to a cheap eats joint on Sat night laughing with other track rats about stuff than actually on the track driving our cars. 3 or 4 25 min runs on track per day and hours of bench racing and good natured fun in between. (More like folding seat under a 10X10 pop up racing but you get the idea) The racers and DE forum is the best of its type with (mostly ) serious topics and informative discussions. This forum would phenix from the ashes of some real ugly "badwidth" and be a place to laugh at the foibles we all make and track life in general.

Last edited by kurt M; 08-22-2007 at 01:17 AM.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:58 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt M
How about a forum name that does away with any essence of GR. A bench racing forum is a great idea. Off topic with a track bent and without the pissing match, no one ever wins topics like politics, religion or both together. Think about it DE or racing weekend we all spend more time in the paddock or out to a cheap eats joint on Sat night laughing with other track rats about stuff than actually on the track driving our cars. 3 or 4 25 min runs on track per day and hours of bench racing and good natured fun in between. (More like folding seat under a 10X10 pop up racing but you get the idea) The racers and DE forum is the best of its type with (mostly ) serious topics and informative discussions. This forum would phenix from the ashes of some real ugly "badwidth" and be a place to laugh at the foibles we all make and track life in general.

Mike in Chi. How do I apply for a HWFMR slot? Thought about it a while ago but was too slow to do it and Hoffman912 hooked the 912 slot. What the hell got beat by another 912...

Posable HWFMR credentials so far.

I have been driving a 1969 912 on track for 8 long slow years, 6 in the instructors groups.

My benchmark of good instructing is eventually getting passed on track by my students.

My Pep boys are not Manny Mo and Jack but Mo Men and Tum.

"Is this #@$%# thing even running?" is my mantra and even more so coming out of the Toe of the Boot at the Glen

I don't need no stinkin' middle pedal. I got over 3 full years on a set of brake pads. There was still meat on them when I finally pulled them because the backing plates were getting so rusty they were sticking.

I was almost black flagged at Mid Ohio after it was noted by the guys at pit straight that my brake lights were not working. Someone had the idea to check if they were working at the end of the back straight and sure enough the lights would flicker on for a second or so. When I came in I had to explain that the intermittent brake light failure was the brake pedal not being pushed.

My track car is the lowest HP car I own and that is taking into consideration that I have a crumb laden Dodge mini-van with a stylish but oh so ubiquitous after-market aerokit called a dent in the pass side sliding door. (my wife had it installed as a birthday gift)

The bumper sticker on my 912 says " Don't laugh my other car is a smokin' mini van."

On the good side I have a habit of fixing broken track cars with stuff found lying around in the paddock. Got room for a Low rent track wrench?
You'll see on another thread our fellow teammate,John D, is graciously offering to host a HWFMR web forum

secondly congrats on an excellent application, but I think it only fair the teammates, as always, have a chance to comment on it.

How about posting it as a seperate thread on this forum?
Old 08-22-2007, 01:17 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
You'll see on another thread our fellow teammate,John D, is graciously offering to host a HWFMR web forum

secondly congrats on an excellent application, but I think it only fair the teammates, as always, have a chance to comment on it.

How about posting it as a seperate thread on this forum?
1. Yes, I did and it is a Good Idea

2. Done!

Old 08-22-2007, 08:16 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In honor of you-know-who's memory, I think GOTTA RUN is most suitable.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Kurt M has me thinking about track food at most venues.....maybe GOT the RUNS is even better?
Old 08-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

ROFL, Bob. Gotta love those mystery meat sandwiches.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:14 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Bonster
ROFL, Bob. Gotta love those mystery meat sandwiches.
No mystery at Summit Point, where whatever is squashed on the track in the morning will be on the food line at lunch! "You kill it, we grill it" is Chez Summit Point's ad line. A couple of years ago one of the instructors got a big turtle in T1 (you think antifreeze is slippery!!!)...I stayed away from the soup at lunch time!
Old 08-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Yeah, I get what you mean, Bob. At Reno-Fernley, we often deal with wild Mustangs (the horse, not the car) running across the track -- and guess what they leave behind. At Thunderhill, we deal with pheasants sitting in the middle of the road. We've had pheasant bbq a few times (so to speak -- ruined someone's rad though). At Sears Point I don't see any wild life, so it makes me wonder what's REALLY in their burgers (meow!).

Quick Reply: Let's get back to the wit that made this fun in the first place