Notices

It's on! GR vs. VR @ TWS in Sept/07!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 05:21 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I now can see when Ghump has read my posts....hi GhettoChicken.

Should we start a pool on when GhettoChicken's other personalities show up here?
Old 07-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts

(GR, stop reading my posts. You're ignoring me, remember.)
Old 07-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,577 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
My comments in BOLD:
Tick-tock, PaperBoy.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:57 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My comments in BOLD:
That's fine, it will be the actual amount of gas + hotel. Meals are cheap no biggie. I was only a lotting $10 a meal anyway. As for the gas figures it was simply guesstimates so you know the ball park that you are risking. FM gets 28-30 mph with 70-75 mph. But with 80-90 mph I'm not sure how mpg will drop. It will likely fall between 20-25 mpg.

Relax son. Man if you can't even wait minutes or hours for my response how are you going to last until TWS in Sept?
Old 07-27-2007, 06:01 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Ghettoboy is in for a smackdown! (Stop reading my posts Ghettoboy!!!)
Old 07-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Francine, I will let you know here when registration opens.

Be sure not to pay with a rubber check, OK, PaperBoy?
Old 07-27-2007, 06:09 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Don't worry son. BTW, first post updated. Let me know what you think. I removed the escrow bit.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man, if my Mother-in-Law didn't live less than an hour from VR, I might fly in for this event!
Old 07-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

My comments to Francine's edited version in BOLD (my previous comments remain):

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
Below summarizes the terms that has been discussed and agreed by GR & VR so far. GR will update this post as needed.

- The challenge will occur during PCA @ TWS during Sept 15/16, 2007.

- GR will drive FartMachine from Richmond, CA (94805) to TWS. VR has requested GR to keep gas receipts. GR will be alloted 3 days to drive there and 3 days back. GR will also keep receipts for hotel + meals. If GR wins VR will pay the actual receipt amount of gas/hotel x2 (to cover return leg too).

- GR will sign up and pay for his entry fees in advance (give me sign up info VR).

- The TWS VR Challenge = if VR beats GR by 5 seconds or more, GR doesn't get compensated one dime for time or money spent. However, if GR gets with in 5 seconds of VR's lap time VR will fully reimburse the cost of the entire trip including entry fee, gas, hotel.

I HAVE REDACTED OUT OF THE ABOVE PARAGRAPHS THE IRRELEVANT STUFF TO WHICH I DO NOT AGREE.

- FartMachine is equipped with AMB transponder. The lap time differential will be based on the AMB. I assume AMB is used in Texas.

- Every session will be data logged on Race Technology DL90 as well as the in car camera rolling.

- VR will be responsible for all damages including flat spotting the tire, going off track, contacts with other cars or walls. One other possibility will be mis-shifting. GR has $10,000 invested in FartMachine right now (although the car is worth more around $12,000) and that is the max VR will have to pay. HOWEVER, I'm negotiating with a high potential sponsor right now for a carbon carbon limited stiff and carbon carbon clutch disc. Should these items be added to FartMachine before Sept they will be factor in the value of the car appropriately. A front splitter as well as a proper rear wing for down for might also be fabricated before Sept. VR will be informed if these upgrades happen... This is only of concern should VR damage the car.

DATA WILL SHOW IF I MONEY SHIFT, WHICH WOULD DAMAGE THE MOTOR. IF I DO SO, I WILL PAY ACTUAL REPAIR COSTS, NOT HIGH SIDE ESTIMATES. TAKE YOUR 12 GRAND AND SHOVE IT, FRANCINE. I WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES PAY FOR ANY CLUTCHES OR PRESSURE PLATES. I WILL ALSO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES PAY FOR ANY REAR WING DAMAGE OR ISSUES. I WILL ONLY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR FRONT SPLITTER ISSUES IF I GO OFF TRACK AND THE SPLITTER IS DIRECTLY DAMAGED BY DOING SO. NOTHING MORE.

- VR will not be held accountable for any mechanical failures that results from natural wear & tear, ie spun rod bearing, should it occur.

- FartMachine recently just received its annual tech inspection. FM currently only has a fire extinguisher but will add a fire system before Sept.

- The results of the event will be posted all over the Internet. And in car video of both GR & VR will be put on youtube regardless of who wins and who loses. The loser shall respect the winner in the future call refer the winner as "Mr." and of course, loser shall discontinue **** talking (in every way) to the winner.
NOPE. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH VIDEOS BEING POSTED. IF YOU WIN, I WILL CALL YOU THE WINNER, BUT NOT MISTER. WHEN I WIN, I DO NOT WANT YOU CALLING ME MISTER.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:25 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

The reason I posted total value of the car is just in case, for some reason, if you manage to total FM. Isn't TWS a roval course? Won't we be going pretty fast on the banking? If you total FM, you are paying me $10k and you keep FM. If you money shift, it'll be relatively cheap as long as if you don't blow holes in the block. I will agree you simply pay the actual parts/labor. It won't be too expensive. If you're lucky it'll be bent valves only... if you're unlucky you might damage the head and block beyond repair. Anyway this is just worse case scenario. I just want to make sure FM is covered. Since you are suppose to be a high caliber driver I don't expect (and I hope) nothing bad will happen to FM. I need to bring this baby home 2000 miles after all.

I've removed the mister part.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Further edited by me in BOLD:

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
That is quite an ambitious in GR's opinion but since VR is so confident... despite having never been at TWS GR feels he should be able to defend himself and stay with in 5 sec. of VR. 5 seconds is eternity and I don't think even my favorite driver Senna can beat me in my own car by that much... on a 2-2:30 minute track. But maybe VR is that good. Or does he have some sort of cheating bastard tactics brewed up?!?!

GR asked VR to pay for gas and hotels too, should he win since GR has to invest lot of time just to get FartMachine there he needs to be rewarded fairly if he wins. Finally VR agreed to be reasonable and cover actual cost of the gas and hotel.

ONLY IF GR WINS.

Below summarizes the terms that has been discussed and agreed by GR & VR so far. GR will update this post as needed.

- The challenge will occur during PCA @ TWS during Sept 15/16, 2007.

- GR will drive FartMachine from Richmond, CA (94805) to TWS. Estimated cost on gas is approximately $600 (based on 25 mpg estimate and the entire trip length is just under 4000 miles round trip). VR has requested GR to keep gas receipts. GR will be alloted 3 days to drive there and 3 days back. GR will also keep receipts for hotels. If GR wins VR will pay the actual receipt amount of gas/hotel x2 (to cover return leg too).

- GR will sign up and pay for his entry fees in advance (give me sign up info VR).

- The TWS VR Challenge = if VR beats GR by 5 seconds or more, GR doesn't get compensated one dime for time or money spent. However, if GR gets with in 5 seconds of VR's lap time VR will fully reimburse the cost of the entire trip including entry fee, gas, hotel.

I HAVE REMOVED ALL ESTIMATED VALUES.

- FartMachine is equipped with AMB transponder. The lap time differential will be based on the AMB. I assume AMB is used in Texas.

- Every session will be data logged on Race Technology DL90 as well as the in car camera rolling.

- VR will be responsible for all damages including flat spotting the tire, going off track, contacts with other cars or walls. One other possibility will be mis-shifting.

MY PREVIOUS EDITS AND DISCLAIMERS APPLY HERE. IN ADDITION, GR GUARANTEES THAT THE VEHICLE HAS BEEN MAINTAINED TO THE VERY HIGHEST STANDARDS, EQUIVALENT TO A PRO HONDA RACE TEAM. IF THE VEHICLE FAILS DUE TO POOR MAINTENANCE OR SHODDY PARTS INSTALLATION WHILE VR IS DRIVING IT, AS DETERMINED BY AN INDEPENDENT RACE PREPARATION SHOP, VR HAS NO MONETARY LIABILITY FOR THIS FAILURE. GR ALSO GUARANTEES THAT VR WILL FIT IN VEHICLE, HELMETED AND WITH HANS ON, WITHOUT TOUCHING THE INNER PART OF VEHICLE'S ROOF.

- VR will not be held accountable for any mechanical failures that results from natural wear & tear, ie spun rod bearing, should it occur.

- FartMachine recently just received its annual tech inspection. FM currently only has a fire extinguisher but will add a fire system before Sept.

- The results of the event will be posted all over the Internet. And in car video of both GR & VR will be put on youtube regardless of who wins and who loses.

-GR GUARANTEES THAT VR WILL HAVE EQUAL TIME AS GR IN THE VEHICLE. GIVEN THAT VR WILL ALSO BE INSTRUCTING THAT WEEKEND, THIS MAY INVOLVE SOME SACRIFICE OF TRACK TIME ON GR'S PART IN ORDER TO ASSURE EQUAL TIME.

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 07-27-2007 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:38 PM
weneversleep
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GIVEN THAT GR WILL ALSO BE INSTRUCTING THAT WEEKEND
I'm sure this was a Freudian slip as well...
Old 07-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by weneversleep
I'm sure this was a Freudian slip as well...
Crap. I can't type, obviously. Thanks. Corrected.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:34 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

leg room will be no problem. can you measure the length of your umm, *** to helmet height required?! what is your weight? the current seat in the car is a Sparco sprint. if you are a fat *** you might not physically fit.

-GR GUARANTEES THAT VR WILL HAVE EQUAL TIME AS GR IN THE VEHICLE. GIVEN THAT VR WILL ALSO BE INSTRUCTING THAT WEEKEND, THIS MAY INVOLVE SOME SACRIFICE OF TRACK TIME ON GR'S PART IN ORDER TO ASSURE EQUAL TIME.
what exactly are you proposing? you are going to drive some of my sessions? aren't you going to have YOUR OWN sessions? if i'm putting on 4000 miles to bring FM out there, I want to enjoy TWS to the max. i wanna every single minute. get your own (pay your own) sessions mang.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

I will measure, sure. I am 6' 4" tall, but relatively long in the torso.

I am bringing my M3 that weekend. Instructors do not pay here. However, I may be asked to take students out in my car. Therefore, if necessary (and I hope it's not), I may need your car at an unusual time in order for us to have an equal # of sessions in it. This is not negotiable.

Quick Reply: It's on! GR vs. VR @ TWS in Sept/07!