Crickets...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
...which then can quickly become "Persona Non Grata" or "Non Official Sanction", depending on whose butt needs covering at that particular moment. Ax me how I know.

You just need the right Frequent Flier card to to avoid those messy momoments. My first Frequent Flier card:

Old 05-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,437 Likes on 769 Posts

The chick on the airplane steps looks....interesting.

Which one are you?

It's funny to see Air America again, especially when, in a huge ironic twist, the far left in this country named it's now-bankrupt & failed radio network the very same thing. Unsurprisingly, this irony was lost on they yhemselves.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

The chick on the airplane steps looks....interesting.

Which one are you?

It's funny to see Air America again, especially when, in a huge ironic twist, the far left in this country named it's now-bankrupt & failed radio network the very same thing. Unsurprisingly, this irony was lost on they yhemselves.
Very pleasant young lady................

I'm behind the camera.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

She looks....abundant.

It must have been very cold that day, because she also look nipply...
Old 05-24-2007, 10:25 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Speaking of Hurky Birds (C130s).....ooops....hey, no flight is perfect (everyone "walked" away):

Old 05-24-2007, 11:20 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Old 05-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunatley, Bull, that's not the first time the landing gear failed on a C-130. Several have gone out of service because of that exact same problem. John was on one such plane at Eglan, in fact. That plane was repaired, however. And yes, they all walked away without injury. The only thing injured might have been their ears upon reporting the incident. Fault was never established, btw. Ain't that just like the Air Force. Lol.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:43 AM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 69 Posts

MSR Houston is not used by any group any more for DE's, including Drivers Edge.
I know the Lone Star Region used to have DEs there, but I see there are no more events on their calendar at MSRH. I never got to go there due to travel conflicts. Know where I can find more information on why multiple groups are avoiding that track?
Old 05-24-2007, 02:28 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi

I didn't know you two knew each other
Oops...missed this one. Yeah, EJ helped me to land a glorious non-paying internship at Lowes (Charlotte) Motor Speedway. Despite the pay, getting free access to most anywhere at the track for the Winston and Coke 600 weekends, as well as getting to drive the "racing" school buses back down a 1/2 mile gravel road to park them after every Wednesday night Legends race was more than enough fun.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
Oops...missed this one. Yeah, EJ helped me to land a glorious non-paying internship at Lowes (Charlotte) Motor Speedway. Despite the pay, getting free access to most anywhere at the track for the Winston and Coke 600 weekends, as well as getting to drive the "racing" school buses back down a 1/2 mile gravel road to park them after every Wednesday night Legends race was more than enough fun.
EJ's helped me on a few things as well.

A good guy.

Also a legend on the 993 board. He was instrumental in taking on PAG over the 993 wiring harness. Come to think of it, he helped a whole bunch of people.

Was he any good droving a racing school bus?

(Those non-paying jobs do have other rewards, lol,)
Old 05-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Bonster
Unfortunatley, Bull, that's not the first time the landing gear failed on a C-130. Several have gone out of service because of that exact same problem. John was on one such plane at Eglan, in fact. That plane was repaired, however. And yes, they all walked away without injury. The only thing injured might have been their ears upon reporting the incident. Fault was never established, btw. Ain't that just like the Air Force. Lol.
Actually, the gear had some help in that case. The plane took off from a nearby airfield in Northern Laos....not a good neighborhood......ran into some 50cal. ground fire and limped to that army airfield about 12 klicks from Cambodia. Some landing gear wanted to participate in the landing, some didn't. If you look at the left wing, near the top of the photo, you can see that the #1 engine is out and the fire streaming back from the wing tank. That fire trail extended about 40 feet past the tail of the plane at the point of the photo.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cviles
I know the Lone Star Region used to have DEs there, but I see there are no more events on their calendar at MSRH. I never got to go there due to travel conflicts. Know where I can find more information on why multiple groups are avoiding that track?

-MSR Houston got uppity raised its rental rates to be ABOVE those of TWS

-MSR Houston management began treating DE organizers like annoying children, AFTER raising rates

-the track has degraded so much, so fast, that it has become a POS in many places
Old 05-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Bull . . . was that an AFSOC C-130? 50-caliper . . . WOAH. I've seen a "dead" 50-caliper bullet once . . . that thing is as big as my hand! I've heard them go off on occasion during test fires over at Hurlburt Field. Very distinctive sound. I actually miss the sound of the planes flying around and shooting targets now that I'm home. It's just too quiet (except for the rugrats next door -- I'd gladly trade them for the planes any day). I used to sit out on the screened patio in the evenings with a drink in hand, eyes glued to the field goggles, just watching and listening. John jokingly offered to make a recording for me to fall asleep by.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:47 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

-MSR Houston management began treating DE organizers like annoying children, AFTER raising rates

-the track has degraded so much, so fast, that it has become a POS in many places
Dunno if it is true since I've never droven the track, but I also heard comments that TWS was a more fun and interesting track to drove than MSR. I know that MSR is dead flat while TWS has some relief to it.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:11 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Those guys involved with Lime Rock Park??????

Quick Reply: Crickets...