Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007 | 10:05 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
It's my challenge... Road America.

I ain't going to Watkins Glen. It's full of people from Joisey.

(Did you see the promo for the season finale of House?)

Patient who has nearly died: "Is this Heaven?"

House: "No, it's New Jersey"
Ah, so THAT is your way out....pick a place I won't, and can't, be! Very Ghetto of you.

You aren't getting into Heaven either.

OK Slider, I'm off to keep the Wheels of Commerce turning.............
Old 05-25-2007 | 10:11 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wahhhh!!! I wanna go to Road Atlanta. David? Are you watching this? Lol. We have a lurker among us folks. He just emailed me. Now I'm outing him. He just took a podium at RA. Booger. So I say, let's tease him even though he's not posting!
Old 05-25-2007 | 11:02 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
So, we are on for the MFB Charity Challenge. Now we must work out the rules of this event to the satisfaction of both participants.

Where is this event to take place? I suggest a neutral beer consumption track...that is, a track where neither of us has ever consumed beer.

When will this event happen?

Who will hold the beer until the event happens?

At what temperature must the beer be for the event.

Bottles of beer? Just in case there is a closet can man amongst us.

Who will serve as the panel of independent judges for this challenge?

To what charity will the left over beer be donated in the event that lightening strikes both participants, the panel of judges falls asleep, and there is actually some beer remaining. I propose the Florence Chittenden Home for Unwed Mothers in Seattle.

I'm certain there are many other considerations to be worked out before this event can be held, so feel free to bring them out now.
Originally Posted by Bull
Ah, so THAT is your way out....pick a place I won't, and can't, be! Very Ghetto of you.

You aren't getting into Heaven either.

OK Slider, I'm off to keep the Wheels of Commerce turning.............
You asked the question.

I picked Road America. It is, after all, my challenge.

You took off like a chicken with an afterburner.

One other option. The Daytona Club Race in October.

Start making your excuses, No Hung
Old 05-25-2007 | 11:30 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I said the question needed to be resolved if you actually read my post that you quoted!

"So, we are on for the MFB Charity Challenge. Now we must work out the rules of this event to the satisfaction of both participants.

Where is this event to take place? I suggest a neutral beer consumption track...that is, a track where neither of us has ever consumed beer".

Try again....when you wake up from your afternoon nap and Mrs. Mike gets you oriented....there is the quote again for you, and it is OK for you to move your lips while reading it if that helps you.

For you new folks, I say "oriented" because I'm told Mike usually awakens muttering "who's that, what her name, milk was a nickle, where are my pants, "Softer Side" should have worked......"
Old 05-25-2007 | 11:57 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

I did read your quote?

Should I have typed with a Joisey accent, so you understand the original challenge.

And I saw the hedge you built in " Now we must work out the rules of this event to the satisfaction of both participants." (If you were better looking and ambitious, you could have been a copywriter)

And yes, No Hung, I know you will reject every one of my suggestions. (BTW< WG doesn't work for me. We have house guests.)

The tracks I will be at are Gingerman, Road America and Daytona. May go back to Baja Georgia for RRIII, not sure yet.

So that is MY Challenge to you. Again this is the MFBCC, not the BBBCC. You up to it, or are you going to light the afterburner again?
(It took half an hour for the fog of feathers to clear after the last time you lit it)
Old 05-25-2007 | 11:59 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Oh yeah, the naps are wonderful.

But then you already knew that. I hear you take one at your desk almost every day. Unfortunately yours are usually interrupted by one of your ex's attorneys.
Old 05-25-2007 | 12:02 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Doh! Slam about the ex's, lmao. How about you guys come out to Sears Point or Laguna Seca? I'll chip in beer if you do. I am going to try and get out to RA this year, though. If I do, I'll be hittin' you guys up for advice on the line.
Old 05-25-2007 | 12:10 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

The line at the kink is easy.

Close your eyes and keep it floored.

I did a write up of the course a few years back... I'll see if I can find it.

It will be cool if you make it Bonster. And if you haven't been to FLA in a while, wait til you meet the team's Grid Girl Procurer.

Also, I'm confident Bull will grow a couple and show up too. jb will be there. We'll have lots of fun
Old 05-25-2007 | 12:19 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

The line at the kink is easy.

Close your eyes and keep it floored.

I did a write up of the course a few years back... I'll see if I can find it.

It will be cool if you make it Bonster. And if you haven't been to FLA in a while, wait til you meet the team's Grid Girl Procurer.

Also, I'm confident Bull will grow a couple and show up too. jb will be there. We'll have lots of fun

I'll be there for sure.

Kink not as bad as I thought it would be the first time I went through it. I'll hopefully have a car to drive in the DE at least. If I can get that silly father of mine to get his 928 back into race shape.
Old 05-25-2007 | 12:20 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Yeah, it would be tons of fun. And it's closer to the panhandle than Sebring, that's for sure. I think it would be about five hours, maybe a little less. I'll definitely keep it in the back of my mind for the next time I travel out that way. For now, I'm off to conquer Reno-Fernley in a borrowed RX-7 racecar. I'll probably be deaf by the end of the weekend (and that's WITH hearing protection)! Have a good weekend you all.
Old 05-25-2007 | 12:30 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I did read your quote? ..
Are you asking yourself there? Not sure if you did or didn't? I'm sorry to get you so confused.....

And I saw the hedge you built in " Now we must work out the rules of this event to the satisfaction of both participants." (If you were better looking and ambitious, you could have been a copywriter)
Surely you meant to type "ambiguous"......I know copywriters well and like them.....I used to employ teams of them!

I too will be at Daytona....Rennsport III, where they want me and my car to attend. See you there!

Now Mikey will work at making the "challenge" more difficult logistically, then claim (in GhettoWannabe style) that I have "run" from it.
Old 05-25-2007 | 12:36 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

How bout this?

Come to the Club Race weekend, then leave your car there for RR.

You'll get a lot more track time at the CR than RR. Seriously.
Old 05-25-2007 | 12:40 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

You obviously picked up on "may"
Old 05-25-2007 | 12:44 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Yes, more track time....but better Pit Babes at RR!

It could happen........

Now, just so the boys and girls have all the facts quoted in this exciting thread, here is the REAL intial challenge issued by Mike:

"That's it!

I'm calling you out, you old beer fart.

this is the MF Beer Charity Challenge.

You and me.

You tell me your favorite beer.

I bring a 12 pack of it, and 12 packs of four other beers. One of them may come from the stable of a certain brewery in Golden. (You know the color of that weak stream you look down and see after you've been dranking a while.)

I'm saying the old beer fart snob can't pick his fave in a blind taste test.

If you win, we start drinking the rest.

If I'm right, we start drinking the rest.

What's left at the end of the evening, we give to charity.

You in, Bull belch ? Go big or go home!"

Nice and general, until I immediately accepted! Then there was what some thought was the sound of thunder.....but it was Mikey's sphincter snapping shut......and he immediately started making certain the logistics gave him an out. I think he knows exactly where the GhettoHump is!

Old 05-25-2007 | 12:59 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Bobbi

Just want to have some beers with you, and anyone else who wants to share.

Once you tell me your prefered brand, I will have it at the tracks I mentioned above.

I will decide later if I will attend RRIII. Not much of a value as a race weekend compared to CR. And I did the spectating thing at RRII. Still deciding...

(If I do make it to RR, I suggest you have an open face helmet as you will no doubt be yorking the morning after the contest)

BTW, you were the one who had all the questions (potential outs) to be resolved (quoted above), not me.

That is MY challenge -- the MFBCC.

Now if you are proposing
Bull**** Bobbi's Beer Charity Challenge, please try to make it coincide with my trips East.

Thanks

Quick Reply: I found GhettoRacer