Notices

What AKMEE does in spare time - Honda F20C into Datsun 510

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 01:52 PM
LoanWolf
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
no son, that's my engineer Luke's good work. he's got three minors, Civic Engr, Mechanical Engr. and Electrical Engr. and knows more about cars than you ever will.
Four minors: seems like he has to support you a lot
Old 04-09-2007, 09:43 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
WooHoo. More GhettoRacist name-dropping. Anyone know what TC has to say about GhettoRacist. (Hint: He served as chief driving instructor at TracQuest when GhettoRacist was banned from their events.)
So say it in public or say it to my face? Get it straight bitch. Todd never "ban" me... or at least he never worded that way. He asked me if I would voluntarily not to instruct for him any more. I said no problem. Maybe he's too nice to say things straight up?

Now, I instruct for TracQuest at 22 track days over about 1.5 or two years (mostly 2002-2003). What does that mean?! Hmm, either 1. Todd's a ****ing idiot for letting me instructing @ so many events... 2. I was a good instructor and got invited back all the times.

My students have never hurt their cars. I seem to recall on one certain day at Laguna Seca, TC was instructing a E46 M3 student who managed to stuff it pretty badly coming on to the front straight @ LS. If you ask me, the instructor should always take some blame if the student hurt themselves or their car. It is the instructor's duty to keep the student safe. I can't say how good of a driver TC is because I rode with him, he should be pretty good. And I have no idea of his communications skills with students (must be fine to become Chief Instructor for Todd). However, I can say he failed his duty as instructor that one day when his student crashed the car.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:49 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Hmm, actually thinking back some more I did ride with TC. He's pretty good, but not as good as Randy Pobst that's for sure. Heheh. TC showed me the "rain line" at Sears Point/Infineon, which was super useful.

Now Mark, are you trying to start some **** between me and TC? Because we've spoke at times. He actually has never discussed anything to me about instructing. It was always between Todd Serota and myself.

Now, I've seen Todd drive. When he drives students' cars he pushes them pretty hard. 9/10th-ish. I know because he and I drove Alan Statman's 996 GT2 together @ Mid-Ohio in 2003.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:08 AM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Todd never "ban" me... or at least he never worded that way. He asked me if I would voluntarily not to instruct for him any more.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
GhettoRacist,

You do not know a damn thing about the people here, their backgrounds nor their education & professional history. Just keep spewing your ignorant racist BS. The members of this place have a great deal of expertise, but GhettoRacist is too busy calling everyone names to understand that.
Hey Mark, this Racist Charlie Boy has become too repetitive and boring for those of us who have stopped poking him with a stick in his cage. Now that the season has started for most of us, I'll see you over on the Racing Forum with the rest of the guys and gals.....you know, the ones who actually do race, and are allowed in that Forum and all other Forums. Dung Boy can sit here by himslef, waiting for someone to visit the Zoo and look at Charlie Boy in his Rennlist Cage!
Old 04-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Is that where you guys have been? Cool. I'll hand out in the Racer forum more. All I saw last time was a bunch of Porsche stuff. I do read some of it, though. The only topic I could even reply on was the idiot race harness set-up. That was pathetic.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:06 PM
tcracer
Advanced

I am not going to post on any of Franks comments, but need to correct a few things.

Our spec miata cages are $1400, not $2000, and while Freeman does good work, it is no where near the quality of work that we do. There are a lot of minor details that go a long way in the engineering behind why our cages are better. Sorry Bonnie, there is a reason why we have built over 130 spec miata cages in the past three years. Many of those are repeat customers after they had a crash and the cage did its job very well.

-tony
Old 05-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Wassup Tony. Frankly, I'm amazed you can do a SM cage for $1400 considering the price of steel.

There are two shops in the US that I recommend for cages to BMW guys...RRT on the East coast and Tony on the West.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:24 PM
tcracer
Advanced

Hey Bryan,

We fabricate the bars in production runs of 10, so it cuts down on the cost.

-tony
Old 05-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
Wassup Tony. Frankly, I'm amazed you can do a SM cage for $1400 considering the price of steel.

There are two shops in the US that I recommend for cages to BMW guys...RRT on the East coast and Tony on the West.
What about EVOSPORT in Huntington Beach....yes, or no?
Old 05-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bull
What about EVOSPORT in Huntington Beach....yes, or no?
We've had some motor work done by Evosport. They are pretty good, and I'd definitely race in one of their cages without a second thought, but I like what I've seen out of Tony's shop. Tony has been a part of some cage and engineering discussions on Bimmerforums, so I know he's doesn't just build strong cages but he understands why they are strong.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
We've had some motor work done by Evosport. They are pretty good, and I'd definitely race in one of their cages without a second thought, but I like what I've seen out of Tony's shop. Tony has been a part of some cage and engineering discussions on Bimmerforums, so I know he's doesn't just build strong cages but he understands why they are strong.
Ok, just wondering about their work overall. Sounds good.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

all things have chi. and there is such thing as car karma! so be nice to your babe.
Does this mean you have a lot of negative karma considering how you treat your rides?
I would think so.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:10 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

ohh no, my cars love me man.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:12 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by tcracer
I am not going to post on any of Franks comments, but need to correct a few things.

Our spec miata cages are $1400, not $2000, and while Freeman does good work, it is no where near the quality of work that we do. There are a lot of minor details that go a long way in the engineering behind why our cages are better. Sorry Bonnie, there is a reason why we have built over 130 spec miata cages in the past three years. Many of those are repeat customers after they had a crash and the cage did its job very well.

-tony
hi TC. love your cage work.

Quick Reply: What AKMEE does in spare time - Honda F20C into Datsun 510