Notices

The WRX Frank ran at Redline that was mostly 'stock'

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
ohh stop it bonni, i think everybody and their mama here knows you host events. lot of keyboard warriors here who hardly track.
There's one huge keyboard warrior who doesn't race...let me know when you win a DE Frank.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:38 AM
LoanWolf
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bonster
I getcha, Loan. Family first. Which makes Frank's statement about you being a 'keyboard warrior' highly unfair. There have been times when I could not afford to go to the races or track days. So maybe we should all take a step back and realize that current situations prevail. I would hate to be basically called a 'wannabe' just because I am currently not able to go and do what I want. I understand your situation completely, and CONGRATS!

Bonnie,
Thanks for the kind words.
I started competing in 1979 in Europe and always ran my own cars until 2005.
With the baby on the way, I knew that I could no longer commit the necessary time for a while and one of my fellow competitors had been eyeing my car..so the timing was right...
as far as Frankie's comments: who cares, I don't think his trophy shelves are more crowded than mine

Last edited by LoanWolf; 04-08-2007 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:47 AM
LoanWolf
Pro

aka, another keyboard warrior. now go to your corner and STFU son.
Shall we compare motorsports accomplishments?
I'll sum up yours: 12 years of driver's ed (which means: learning how to drive), one half of a qualifying session that was red flagged due to your incompetence.
What else?
Old 04-08-2007, 12:55 AM
LoanWolf
Pro

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
There's one huge keyboard warrior who doesn't race...let me know when you win a DE Frank.
"Win a DE" good one, Bryan!
Old 04-08-2007, 01:02 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Loan . . . WOW. What class did you race in Europe? Sounds might interesting! Lol on the trophy shelf. I only have a couple of plastic junkers -- they collect dust. That is about it.. Lol. p)
Old 04-08-2007, 07:09 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Bonster
I might be a bitch, but I'm far from cheap.
lol. that's a big oxymoron Bonni. i'm cheap and i admit it!!
Old 04-08-2007, 07:22 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by LoanWolf
Bonnie,
Thanks for the kind words.
I started competing in 1979 in Europe and always ran my own cars until 2005.
With the baby on the way, I knew that I could no longer commit the necessary time for a while and one of my fellow competitors had been eyeing my car..so the timing was right...
as far as Frankie comments: who cares, I don't think his trophy shelves are more crowded than mine
wait, so like 26 years but you never turn pro (got paid to race?). i admire the fact that you are doing the right thing (baby = priority). and you keep on racing. as for me and what i will accomplish. time will tell.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:24 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
the thing is, i have never talked **** about racing. i've only talked about instructing and DE (hench, the Open Letter 2003). i'm more than qualified to talk about DE. all this subsequent **** talk among me and several of you are not what OL03 was about.

you guys like to mix things up constantly... it's pointless to argue. that's the part i'm talking about when it comes to keyboard warrior'ing (**** talking). we're all guilty of it.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

lol. that's a big oxymoron Bonni. i'm cheap and i admit it!!
***No, Frank, you don't apparently understand what an oxymoron is. An oxymoron is putting to opposite descriptives right next to each other in a sentence. An example would be, "That lady is pretty ugly." Pretty and ugly side by side like that would constitute an oxymoron. 'Cheap' and 'bitch' are not related in any way, other than 'cheap' might be an adjective to describe 'bitch', which is a noun. That's my English lesson for the day.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:47 AM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Oxymoron examples

Jumbo shrimp
Pretty Ugly
Military Intelligence (edited for Bonnie)
Droving Good

Last edited by cooleyjb; 04-08-2007 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

You were right about jumbo shrimp and pretty ugly . . . almost perfect, eh, that's stretching it. Droving good is more a figure of speech. My boyfriend, who is a civilian flight test engineer for the USAF, has confirmed that 'military intelligence' is definitely an oxymoron, however. Sorry Bob.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:07 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

no, i was reffering to the fact that you always said you have a small budget on your car/track whoring, and you could use more help/sponsors (don't we all). but yet you say you're NOT CHEAP. isn't that an oxymoron?
Old 04-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

No, I'm NOT cheap, not in any way, shape, or form. Just because I have sponsors doesn't mean I'm poor or cheap. I didn't ask for the sponsorship that I have, it was offered to me. Why would I turn down free racing parts? Half the time when I instruct, I don't even go on the track myself. That's not what I am there for. If I want track time, I'll go to a testing day. But no, I'm not cheap. Frugal, because that seems to be a smart move to me, but definitely not cheap. Everyone is on a budget -- it is just a matter of how high the ceiling of spending ability is. I spend probably $5k or more each year (gas, motel, food, entry fees, car parts, etc.).
Old 04-08-2007, 12:47 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Heh. If you weren't cheap why aren't you racing a full season? Esp. if you are competitive??!
Old 04-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Lots of reasons, Frank. First and foremost, at least at this time, is I make several trips to Florida to visit my boyfriend. I usually stay for about three weeks. I'll be missing two races while I am there later this month, but I get to go to Sebring again (borrowing a car) the first weekend of May. Second, I chose my dates for T.E.A.M. Racing way back in November for the year -- before I saw the race schedule. Therefore, this year I will miss a couple of races because I will obviously be at my own events. Right now I'm waiting to put in a bunch of new parts, which I waited to long to order (doh!). I haven't got my annual check yet, so I might wind up missing next weekend's race. So the reason I have not done a complete season is that I have other committments, and I procrastinate. And honestly, I'm not competitive enough to beat some of these guys, so why bother worrying about making every race? I guess I'm not quite that committed. That's fine -- I'm having fun, and that's the most important thing.

Quick Reply: The WRX Frank ran at Redline that was mostly 'stock'