Notices

The WRX Frank ran at Redline that was mostly 'stock'

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PS -- Okay, there are only two Subies at this time -- but I've got lots of promises. If everyone signs up that has promised, there will be a good seven or eight Subies in attendance.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:37 PM
dunnojack
AutoX

wow, cool. I have to make sure there are no other events that time, and if there isnt, then i can make it. wasnt sure how to spell his name, but he's an awsome driver. It's Henry Chen just so you know. but it's cool, i know what it's like.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:41 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

you must be thinking of Tully road in SanJo. lol.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Okay, I remember you now. Weren't you at the event (November?) where "Chen" was actually the dominant last name? Usually it's Smith or Johnson, but that time it was Chen. I remember chuckling about it in the driver meeting when I introduced instructors to their students.

BTW, for some reason I don't have you on our private distribution list -- were you a last minute sign-up or something? We have Austen, Cheng, Eli, Kevin, Lilie, Randy, and Samuel, but no Henry. Shoot me an email and I'll add you to the roster and you won't miss future announcements of track days with us.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:51 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Despite Bonni asking not to instruct any more due to the fact that I said a student was too slow... she still puts on first rate event. Unlike ppl here who judge ppl for their beliefs, I don't do that. I still recommend her events to people. Now, If it was my event, the instructor can talk all the **** they want as long as they do their instructing duty. I risk my safety and I work hard when I instruct. I do it only for 2 reasons, 1. i love instructing 2. i love free seat time.

Go for it Henry, Reno is a nice track. I haven't been there yet but it is looking awesome.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Well, we have database of over 60 trained professional instructors, so I'm sure we can find someone for Henry.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:14 PM
LoanWolf
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Despite Bonni asking not to instruct any more due to the fact that I said a student was too slow... she still puts on first rate event. Unlike ppl here who judge ppl for their beliefs, I don't do that. I still recommend her events to people. Now, If it was my event, the instructor can talk all the **** they want as long as they do their instructing duty. I risk my safety and I work hard when I instruct. I do it only for 2 reasons, 1. i love instructing 2. i love free seat time."

GR, just STFU!
Old 04-07-2007, 06:20 PM
dunnojack
AutoX

hey bonnie, yeah, i was a last minute thing. i do get some of your emails so that's pretty cool, but the email is available through my profile.

LoanWolf- how come you are telling frank to "STFU" when he's trying to say that he loves bonnie's events and just expressing himself? That's like someone telling you " Go F* yourself" if you ever just post any comments that's your own opinion. Dont get me wrong, i think frank is an *** and a amature driver, but hey, he loves to talk **** and i guess that's why he's funny as hell.

Just my .02
Old 04-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Frank, you can set your own rules if you organize your own track events. It's tough, a LOT of work, and a financial risk especially at first, but it can be done. T.E.A.M. Racing has grown from 54 drivers at our first event back in November of 2002 to over 1200 drivers as of this morning. It is definitely do-able if you have a good game plan.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:24 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Henry, the mod list was not being used against you in any way.

You have a very well setup WRX.

It was being used to illustrate a point that Frank has a habit of saying that a car was mostly stock. Your car is very much not stock but a well thought out track car.

Frank is doing a disservice to you by being a public face for the Mach III car. If you notice I mentioned that you seemed like a very nice guy and I tried to explain that the list was thorough for reasons other than just gofast parts.

If you think that Frank is helping you in any way shape or form that is great but there are a number of drivers, even Subie drivers on the west coast I can give you names of that will turn better laps and be a very positive force behind your car.

If you read most of what Frank has posted here you will begin to understand the problems Frank has.

The list of the equipment I posted to show that you have prepared a great car and that Frank was selling it short by calling it mostly stock. By calling your car mostly stock he is ignoring the time and effort you have put into creating that track car.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Henry . . . it's a long story. I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:27 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by dunnojack
LoanWolf- how come you are telling frank to "STFU" when he's trying to say that he loves bonnie's events and just expressing himself? That's like someone telling you " Go F* yourself" if you ever just post any comments that's your own opinion. Dont get me wrong, i think frank is an *** and a amature driver, but hey, he loves to talk **** and i guess that's why he's funny as hell.

Just my .02
This is the problem that LoanWolf and I'd imagine any other instructor has with what Frank said. This is an embarassment to instructors to have someone act like this.

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
Now, If it was my event, the instructor can talk all the **** they want as long as they do their instructing duty. .
Old 04-07-2007, 06:28 PM
dunnojack
AutoX

hahaha, ok ok. Thank you for helping out and i apologize for misunderstanding your point. I do believe that my car is quite "stock" compared to the other cars out there, but again, sorry for the misunderstanding. I just hope everyone realizes that the competition is just so crazy nowadays that you literally have to have a more modified car than what i have just to compete in the street class.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:29 PM
LoanWolf
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey bonnie, yeah, i was a last minute thing. i do get some of your emails so that's pretty cool, but the email is available through my profile.

Just my .02
I like your name....If you read the threads in this forum, you'll understand what I am referring to....obviously not Bonnie or anything she's involved in. While amusing at times, Frank's brainless drivel is getting old.
Do your homework before you criticize paying members, Mr 2 posts....
Old 04-07-2007, 06:31 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

hahaha, ok ok. Thank you for helping out and i apologize for misunderstanding your point. I do believe that my car is quite "stock" compared to the other cars out there, but again, sorry for the misunderstanding. I just hope everyone realizes that the competition is just so crazy nowadays that you literally have to have a more modified car than what i have just to compete in the street class.

That's okay, I just wanted to make sure you understood that I had nothing against you and actually think you have a pretty nice WRX.

And actually that is why I don't think Redline Time Attack will survive for the long haul.

There is too much car and not enough driver in the equation and the amount of money needed to be spent on even a 'stock' car is quite high.

Quick Reply: The WRX Frank ran at Redline that was mostly 'stock'