Notices

these things gives touge/mountain driving bad names...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, okay. Nah, he's wrong. The turbo alone makes it definitely not stock.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:51 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I would give him that he said "STOCK honda design/configuration" as opposed to "STOCK honda." Still, the car that hit 7 seconds cannot fairly be called a stock honda design or configuration in my opinion.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Well, what about the wing or whatever you call that thing on the rear? That isn't Honda. Neither is the hood. Okay . . . what's left? The chassis? Didn't they also upgrade the chassis? Lol. I'm getting too picky here.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:09 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Stock in design that it looks like a honda, is FWD and has the engine in the front. And the door handle is stock.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Oh! Well, in that case, my racecar is also stock.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:16 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Bonster
In that list you presented us with, the fastest time was a 10.89. Where are these 7s you were talking about? And where (as you stated) are these high 9s? I'm confused.
*yawn*, now you know why i always say i'm here to edumacate the dumb *** rennlisters who are so full of their own **** that they can't be more open minded and appreciate other forms of motorsports, be it, drag racing, drifting, or time attack. all of which, the "general public" cares more about than w2w. like it or not, for the decade of 1990's the hot rod of choice was Honda/Acura. you judge that by the sheer number of import cars enthusiasts. you also look at it from the dollar point of aftermarket business (SEMA will have the figures).

the 7's and 8's are the PRO classes. the SFWD and Pro-AM classes are usually weekend warriors. which are running as fast as 9's.

i ain't got all day to break it all down for you. if you want to learn more, go research the classes. the major import drag racing sanctioning bodies are

NHRA
IDRC
BOTI
Old 04-09-2007, 06:19 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
*yawn*, now you know why i always say i'm here to edumacate the dumb *** rennlisters who are so full of their own **** that they can't be more open minded and appreciate other forms of motorsports, be it, drag racing, drifting, or time attack. all of which, the "general public" cares more about than w2w. like it or not, for the decade of 1990's the hot rod of choice was Honda/Acura. you judge that by the sheer number of import cars enthusiasts. you also look at it from the dollar point of aftermarket business (SEMA will have the figures).

the 7's and 8's are the PRO classes. the SFWD and Pro-AM classes are usually weekend warriors. which are running as fast as 9's.

i ain't got all day to break it all down for you. if you want to learn more, go research the classes. the major import drag racing sanctioning bodies are

NHRA
IDRC
BOTI
Not cool at all.

You start by posting an outrageous claim, and implying that we are all stupid for not knowing all about it.

Someone calls you out for proof.

The proof you post does not support your original claim.

People call you out on the fact that the cars you posted are nowhere near stock configuration/design.

You call eveyone stupid for not understanding the various classes, as if we should have all known that you meant "pro turbocharged cars" when you said stock configuration/design.

If this is your idea of amusement, I can't see how you would think yourself a good comedian.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:02 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Nah, I don't think he called everyone stupid, just me. Fortunately, I know that I am NOT stupid, so it doesn't bother me. If I really cared, I'd research it, but I don't care, so I didn't. I was merely making conversation. If someone asks me about the Spec Miata class, I can either tell them to go research it, or I can answer their questions. Because I love the class, and love being a part of it, I am always more than happy to just answer the questions. It's called car talk. If you can't supply the info, why bother even bringing some of this stuff up? No biggie, I don't care what names you call me, Frank, you already know that. If you think I am stupid, that's your perogative. I don't need anyone to tell me who I am; I already know all about that.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
drag racing, drifting, or time attack. all of which, the "general public" cares more about than w2w.
Please explain how the "general public" cares more about time attack than W2W. I have yet to meet a member of the "general public" who has even heard of time attack.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

What sanctioning body puts on these time attacks, anyway? I'm heavily into motorsports, but the first time I think I heard of this was through Frank here. I've heard of NASA's TT series, which I take to stand for Time Trials, much like the old Solo 1 events, but I've not heard of Time Attacks, either. Don't take it personally or anything, I just have never heard of it. Maybe it's cause I'm toopid.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:42 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

I've only heard of them through the Subaru boards where a couple of good pro-drivers are pulled in to drive tuner company cars.

Quick Reply: these things gives touge/mountain driving bad names...