Notices

these things gives touge/mountain driving bad names...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Bob . . . do you happen to remember the name of the guy from Granite Bay that bought your C2S? I used to live right near there, and I go to the track an awful lot, so I wonder if I know him. That would be cool. And even if I don't know him, I'll look for him, just 'cause.

That 993 is a beautiful maroon colored car. The interior looks very driver-friendly from a glance. I'll have to take the time to drive it sometime. The last time I saw him, we had a Viper roll over, so my day was shot from that sadness. The adrenaline rush was too much to even drive my own car, let alone somebody else's. Isn't the 996 the air-cooled version of the 993? Or did someone tell me b.s.? If this is true, why would someone take air cooled nowadays over liquid cooled? Just curious.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:37 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

you gotta understand, this is 7 sec Honda on engine and transmission that's basically STOCK honda design/configuration. i don't think you guys understand what these achievements mean and that's why you can't appreciate it.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:40 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Bonster
Hey Bob . . . do you happen to remember the name of the guy from Granite Bay that bought your C2S? I used to live right near there, and I go to the track an awful lot, so I wonder if I know him. That would be cool. And even if I don't know him, I'll look for him, just 'cause.

That 993 is a beautiful maroon colored car. The interior looks very driver-friendly from a glance. I'll have to take the time to drive it sometime. The last time I saw him, we had a Viper roll over, so my day was shot from that sadness. The adrenaline rush was too much to even drive my own car, let alone somebody else's. Isn't the 996 the air-cooled version of the 993? Or did someone tell me b.s.? If this is true, why would someone take air cooled nowadays over liquid cooled? Just curious.
993 was the last of the air cooled 911. that's why some purist claim 911 died after 993 and 996 isn't pure. air cool is quite elegant since there is no radiator and pluming issues... 996 also has much improved rear suspension design over 993 and it was welcome for the "general" public.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:43 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

here's a good thread on 993 vs. 996... i learn something new today heheh, didn't know 993 takes 14 quarts of oil and is better described as oil cooled not air cooled. ..

http://www.theautobahn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19026
Old 03-28-2007, 10:50 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
gotta love some of the perks of instructing...
***Because, Frank, my job isn't to drive someone's car, it is to show them how to drive their car. I can instruct from the right seat just fine. If I need to give them a ride-along, I'd prefer to put them in my car instead.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:33 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

don't talk about subjects that you have little clues of.
If you followed your own advice you would be less talkative than Marcel Marceau.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:03 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by TD in DC
If you followed your own advice you would be less talkative than Marcel Marceau.
12 years of DE experience and 6 years of DE instructing experience = clueless?
Old 03-29-2007, 08:23 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nah, I've already scored a big fish -- all 6-2 of him. Japan is not on my plate to visit just yet. I'm going to Austria next February, and I have Ireland and Italy in my sights for future trips. All that and I've never even seen the Grand Canyon yet.
You have a good "list" for travel, and don't forget the many places in this country, including the Grand Canyon. Forget Japan...it is super crowded and not all that interesting after the first few days. Yes, i have spent a lot of time there, but i am happy to have not had to go there in the past 6 years, and hope never to again!
Old 03-29-2007, 08:30 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

The 993, which was produced until March of 1998, was the end of the air/oil cooled Porsches. It, like every 911 from 1965 on, is a true dry sump racing engine design, where the oil is held in a tank, and pumped into and out of the engine by two oil pumps. The 996 was the first of the water cooled production "911s", now followed by the 997 series. Only the GT3s, Turbos and Cup Cars are dry sump designs in the water pumpers.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:31 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I'll PM you with the guys name.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:36 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

..................... don't talk about subjects that you have little clues of.
Ghetto-Rumper constantly writes of "open-mindedness" and tells us all to have "open minds". However, if anyone expresses an opinion at all different than his, he ends every single response (a sign of a low IQ) with the above!

Just another example of the dim-witted Dung Boy tripping over his own words, while he writes of things that he has a VERY shallow knowledge of, obtained by 5 mins. review of some website! A true, classic IDIOT!
Old 03-29-2007, 10:06 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

ohh just shaddup and be at Willow Springs in May.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:30 AM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

blah... that's why people have been saying about import (especially FWD) drag racing since mid 1990's. look at where it is now?? people said FWD can't run 12's, then 11's, 10's, 9', 8's, and now FWD has cracked 7 sec barrier. people never thought NHRA would pick up import drag racing but guess what, they have now too. don't talk about subjects that you have little clues of.
Wait, so now your defending the life expectancy of Drifting and Time Attack by using Drag Racing as an example? Even if that WERE a valid argument, the majority of America still could care less about Import Tuning. It's a generational fad...they come and they go.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

you gotta understand, this is 7 sec Honda on engine and transmission that's basically STOCK honda design/configuration. i don't think you guys understand what these achievements mean and that's why you can't appreciate it.
Basically stock huh? Got a link to a webpage on this car so I can poke some holes in your argument? Nothing basically stock goes 7 seconds, especially not an Econo car.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Clown Pedro
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
Basically stock huh? Got a link to a webpage on this car so I can poke some holes in your argument? Nothing basically stock goes 7 seconds, especially not an Econo car.
In the import world basically stock refers to adding huge turbos and nitrous to cars that never came with either from the factory. Or at least thats my interpretation from Ghett's post.

Quick Reply: these things gives touge/mountain driving bad names...