Notices

these things gives touge/mountain driving bad names...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't understand what "< 3" means in your posts, Frank. No matter, I suppose I see what you are trying to say. But maybe for the future you should just use something more like "mountain drive" or "fun run". Togue has more than one definition, obviously, and it can have folks drawing the wrong conclusions.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:29 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

<3 = love/heart. touge is a word that's here to say. right now anything JDM has a huge influence on American culture... it's just changing times. doens't necessarily mean American's can't tune as well as Japanese tuners. for example, drag racing is pure American and nobody can touch American on the fastest draggers (Top Fuel and Funny car). however, if you talk about fastest Japanese drag cars, I think they are actually currently from Puerto Rico... running 6's in the quarter in various RWD configurations.

now when I goto Japan, I get so much love. but it's not because I'm cool or anything, it's because I'm American. the Japanese LOVE America so much its' actually pretty funny. they also love Californians.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

What about a 'round eye' German-Irish American from California with an accent that sounds like I'm from the South? Lol. I'm a mess! When I went to Florida recently, folks asked me what town I was from, as I guess I blended right in. Scary. Thanks Mom, Dad, for the goofy accent.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
Haha, you're so clueless. Go check with SEMA on how big the import tuning industry in $$ value. It went from nothing to billion dollars in about 15 years. Most of the growing are from the last 5. It's so deep into the American culture right now... it's a symbol of the 90's and 00's. MTV in 2010's decade in review will prove me right.
So deep into American culture? I think you are confusing your small little pod of "friends" in Southern California and your experiences on Honda Tech message boards for American culture. The vast majority of America could care less about "import tuning". It's a fad that will run it's course. When the "Import Tuning" scene is just a pimple on the **** of Motorsports, the real Motorsport enthusiasts will still be around, tuning, wrenching, tracking, auto-xing and racing, whether it's American, German, Japanese, or Swedish...

I was drifting go-karts around my backyard when I was 5...just because some kids think it's cool to do the same thing in a car with lots of stickers, wings, and neon doesn't make it something that's going to last. Look at the average age of those involved in import tuning...eventually everyone will grow up and most will leave behind the fads of their youth. It happens with everything from music to cars. Using MTV as your "support" does nothing but lend credence to my argument as they are the ultimate purveyors of fad and pop culture. Every generation thinks that their fads will be the norm...and then they grow up and get a job.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:20 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

But Bryan . . . if import tuning goes by the wayside, what ever will become of Sport Compact Magazine?!?
Old 03-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, most aren't the old age of Dung Boy, they are half his age....but maybe he is having his mid-life crisis early?

Truth is AGAIN, after 12 years of trying and not being able to perform at racing or anything close to it, Dung Tuner needs to stick with the 19 year olds, making noise with fart cans and making claims about what he could do!
Old 03-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

I'm at mid-life early . . . I want my Corvette NOW . . . not 12 1/2 years from now. But I'll take one of Bob's cars instead. The Porsches, that is, not that rusted out Yugo in his back yard. Lol, fart cans. That was a new one for me. We call 'em coffee cans out here.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Bonster
I'm at mid-life early . . . I want my Corvette NOW . . . not 12 1/2 years from now. But I'll take one of Bob's cars instead. The Porsches, that is, not that rusted out Yugo in his back yard. Lol, fart cans. That was a new one for me. We call 'em coffee cans out here.
That is because you are soooo politically correct in California, where in the USA, we call them like we see them!

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds-forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick-up a turd by the clean end".

BTW, when it comes to Corvettes, always wish for two of them. That way if your wish comes true you can run one of them into the other at a high rate of speed, collect the insurance money, and get a serious car!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Haha, Bob. On all counts, including the Corvette one. I like Porsches as well, I just have no idea which I'd get. Plus, believe it or not, I've not yet driven one, so unsure if I'd actually be comfortable wtih it. One of our instructors has a '96 993 -- that one looks pretty nice. He has a standing offer to let me take it around for a few laps, I just haven't had enough time to do so at our events -- I'm usually too busy. A Carrera S looks fun, too. I have a long list of dream cars . . . what I can actually *afford* is another story. I take donations, though, as mentioned before.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:20 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I recently sold my track preparred '97 C2S to a guy in Northern Kalyfornia after I bought my Cup Car, in Granite Bay if I remember. He was at Sears Point with it a few weeks ago, and will likley be out on other tracks with it.

Take the laps in the 993, they are excellent cars.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:28 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
So deep into American culture? I think you are confusing your small little pod of "friends" in Southern California and your experiences on Honda Tech message boards for American culture. The vast majority of America could care less about "import tuning". It's a fad that will run it's course. When the "Import Tuning" scene is just a pimple on the **** of Motorsports, the real Motorsport enthusiasts will still be around, tuning, wrenching, tracking, auto-xing and racing, whether it's American, German, Japanese, or Swedish...

I was drifting go-karts around my backyard when I was 5...just because some kids think it's cool to do the same thing in a car with lots of stickers, wings, and neon doesn't make it something that's going to last. Look at the average age of those involved in import tuning...eventually everyone will grow up and most will leave behind the fads of their youth. It happens with everything from music to cars. Using MTV as your "support" does nothing but lend credence to my argument as they are the ultimate purveyors of fad and pop culture. Every generation thinks that their fads will be the norm...and then they grow up and get a job.
ESPN2 picked up drifting in 2007. enough said.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:30 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

What about a 'round eye' German-Irish American from California with an accent that sounds like I'm from the South? Lol. I'm a mess! When I went to Florida recently, folks asked me what town I was from, as I guess I blended right in. Scary. Thanks Mom, Dad, for the goofy accent.
i dunno, you'd have to go and find out! many japanese men love white woman though. maybe you can score a big fish here.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:32 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Haha, Bob. On all counts, including the Corvette one. I like Porsches as well, I just have no idea which I'd get. Plus, believe it or not, I've not yet driven one, so unsure if I'd actually be comfortable wtih it. One of our instructors has a '96 993 -- that one looks pretty nice. He has a standing offer to let me take it around for a few laps, I just haven't had enough time to do so at our events -- I'm usually too busy. A Carrera S looks fun, too. I have a long list of dream cars . . . what I can actually *afford* is another story. I take donations, though, as mentioned before.
what? you haven't driven any Porsche yet? you gotta take advantage of your *cough* position more often. i've driven about ohh, 40+ porsche cars... heheh. from 69 911 all the way to CGT. gotta love some of the perks of instructing...
Old 03-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Nah, I've already scored a big fish -- all 6-2 of him. Japan is not on my plate to visit just yet. I'm going to Austria next February, and I have Ireland and Italy in my sights for future trips. All that and I've never even seen the Grand Canyon yet.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:35 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
blah... that's why people have been saying about import (especially FWD) drag racing since mid 1990's. look at where it is now?? people said FWD can't run 12's, then 11's, 10's, 9', 8's, and now FWD has cracked 7 sec barrier. people never thought NHRA would pick up import drag racing but guess what, they have now too. don't talk about subjects that you have little clues of.

Quick Reply: these things gives touge/mountain driving bad names...