Notices

An honest question for Frank

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 11:00 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,496 Likes on 792 Posts

And that is precisely why it would be worth it to ignore him for a week. He will be out of his mind!

What would be REALLY cool would be to get a legit pro racer to make a few posts here....
Old 03-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
And that is precisely why it would be worth it to ignore him for a week.
Ignore who?
Old 03-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

LMAO....my work here is dung...er...done.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:01 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by TD in DC
OK, but back to more serious topics . . . when I read GR's writings, I understand the "impulse" behind much of it, but I do not understand where GR allows this impulse to go. I also do not understand why GR seemingly has no respect for the advice/experience of others. Intelligence (I am giving the benefit of the doubt here) is nothing without experience.
It's not that I don't have respect... remember how this all started in 2003, I felt that I was mis understood. I certainly didn't display quite this much flair and confidence in 2003. Over time, I've gotten quite comfortable with myself. That's why the attitude change I suppose...

Listening and humility is one shortcut to maximizing the benefit of the limited experience newbies have. 200, even 300, driving days is NOTHING. That is probably the amount of driving that serious drivers get in one year or less.
Only a pro has that kind of seat time. Very very few non pro drivers do over even 50 days a year. Besides, it is quality not quantity. I know there are days where I didn't really learn much, just goofed off or whatever... focus focus focus!

In any event, I thought that many asian cultures respected elders. Why doesn't GR? In the end, I am shocked that GR is 33. If I didn't know, I would have guessed 17 . . . really. It is fine to be a dreamer. In fact, more people should be. But dreams without action are nothing. In fact, they are worse than nothing. At least write a book . . . or do something. Even if it is theoretically possible to live to 160, I doubt you make it to 70.
1. Respect is reciprocated. 2. Although I grew up in Taiwan until 12 and I respect many elders, I'm also quite Americanized... the typical American attitude is more "all about me", individualism, expression of oneself... etc. I'm a mix of the two.

I am beginning to feel like we are picking on the kid . . . FWIW.
*shrug*
Old 03-15-2007, 09:03 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We have many other places where the good folks here can meet and talk on Rennlist.....see you guys there!

And good luck finding a pro who will spend any time on Dung Boy VR.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:17 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Right. I just spent 10 mins talking to Craig Stanton (he's @ Sebring). That's usually much more informative than 10 mins on rennlist...
Old 03-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Cool, Frank. I LOVE Sebring. I'll likely drive there again next month when I visit Florida. I'll let Ken (Dobson) know you say, "Hi." Sound good? I haven't seen Ken (or his fiancee) in too long a time. Hopefully we can all get together for dinner or something. Maybe he can convince me to put the gas pedal down more. Lol.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:00 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

ANYONE can get a racer to talk racing for hours....Dung Boy gets cut off in 10 mins!!!!!
Old 03-15-2007, 10:17 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

It's call respect son. Something bull**** know nothing about. I've hung out with Craig for hours. I got the information I needed and did not waste his time. Bonster: I've not interacted with Ken much, so I don't think he remembers me. I've seen him for years and years @ NASA. He'll probably remember my face as we used to see each other at NASA all the times... but I doubt my name will ring any bells.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
............. I've hung out with Craig for hours. I got the information I needed and did not waste his time. Bonster: I've not interacted with Ken much, so I don't think he remembers me. I've seen him for years and years @ NASA. He'll probably remember my face as we used to see each other at NASA all the times... but I doubt my name will ring any bells.
Translation: I was once at the same race track where Craig was, and I count that as "hanging out for hours". I asked if he would help me and he said NO, so I did not waste any more of his time. Ken wouldn't remember me, and my name won't ring any bells because I just drop his name but have never spent time with him either. He may remember my face because it is on every racer website, with warnings about getting involved with me. Besides, he doesn't like racists.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:14 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Ken WILL remember me, lol! I ain't "all that" but he will always remember me. Lol. I dare ya .. . ask him why . . . Bonni Weatherwax, his little SLOW sister at the LSIR double regionals. Love ya Kenster! Ya dang booger. One day . . . you and Barry will lose your eye sight and maybe . . . MAYBE then I'll get a chance to pass your butts. Hugs if you are on this list. If not, poop on you then! LOL!!!
Old 03-16-2007, 04:20 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

JERRY!!! JERRY!!! JERRY!!! <going to bed now, dreaming of when I looked like a 'child', hoping Bull is good looking. rofl!)
Old 03-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Bonster
JERRY!!! JERRY!!! JERRY!!! <going to bed now, dreaming of when I looked like a 'child', hoping Bull is good looking. rofl!)
I have been hoping the same thing for many years! You aren't the only one rofl.....
Old 03-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

CORRECTED

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
Right. I just spent 10 mins trying to reach Craig Stanton (he's @ Sebring). Unfortunately the line kept going dead every time I said "Hi, Craig, it's Frank Lin here..."...
Old 03-16-2007, 11:06 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Oh gosh, this was worth getting up an hour too early. The Ken Dobson comment . . . hmmm . . . well, I kinda flirted with him years ago (hey, he's kinda cute, but don't tell him). Then I found out he had a girlfriend and turned about three shades of red. He was amused. I'll have to bug him when I'm in Florida next. Didn't he get married to that gal yet? Haven't seen him much out here lately. I think he MIGHT have been at the NASA 25-hour enduro last December. I was too busy trying to get some sleep. Lol.

Quick Reply: An honest question for Frank