Notices

open letter

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003 | 10:03 AM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

"Just a open grill ***** and i can't get enough... have I... become... a... Spatula?"

One of the best lines of the whole thread.

GR is now well known on the East coast. This thread was discussed at the PCA Potomac DE at Summit Point this past weekend and the BE posts got better reviews than what GR has had to say.

Thought I'd share some more of GR's BS from the Honda Board. GR brings the term "Jackass" to a new level. These are cut and pasted from the link XTC Racer posted.

1)"man who locked the "Turbo on roadracing." thread. the original post raised a resonable question. why did ppl read in so much into it? damn self rightous idiots. i really disagree with tyson on the definition of road racing. if is often used to describe the sport. it doesn't have to be wheel 2 wheel perse. Solo I for example, is a none wheel to wheel road racing format where you compete against the clock. is it road racing? YES. it's just like ppl who think they have a comp licnese and done a few w2w they think they're so much better than DE'ers. i know PLENTY of skilled DE drivers who do not race w2w for a wide variety of reasons. the top reason being can't afford it. get over your race license. it doens't mean jack. it just means you're a safe enough driver to go on track in the full race environment.

2) This is a response to GR from a guy named Thirstygersty:
GR, you owe me at least an hour of my life back for posting your drivel. I feel compelled to read your nonsense because it makes me laugh, but at the same time I am angry at myself for allowing it to happen. You seem to mean well, but your ego and your other ego seem to get in the way. W2W is different than a DE, I know that you consider them one in the same, but they are different.
AutoX is AutoX
Driver Schools are Drivers Schools
Road Racing is Road Racing
Dirt Track is Dirt Track
Stock Car Racing is Stock Car Racing
karting is karting
drag racing is drag racing

They ALL fall under MOTORSPORTS

When I did DE's and people asked if I raced, I said "no, I do drivers schools and autoX". Then when I decided to go racing I would answer the same question, "Yes, I road race, do club schools and occasionally autocross"

Do you see the difference? You seem to have gotten the term "road racing" and "motorsports" confused.

I have been doing this stuff alot longer than you have. I would much rather be in a road race against someone who only does DE than a seasoned roadracer. Most DE I have been to do not teach things like setting up a pass, true racing lines, rain lines, negotiating traffic, how to out brake someone, lapped traffic and other class etiquette. It is my understanding that you have participated in W2W events to varying degrees of success, so maybe you have a taste of this, I hope you notice a difference.

Does the fact that I have a comp license make me better than some? Yes, it is an experience from which I have learned a great deal. A few things I have learned are: no matter how fast you think you are....there is always going to be someone faster and in motorsports you don't want to be noticed for what you say or do, you want to be noticed what you DON'T say or do (except winning and awesome passing). I think you could take note of that. Does my head swell because of my license? No, because anyone who wants to go racing can do so and they will become a better driver. I encourage them to do so. Are there some really great DRIVERS at DE's? YES there are, LOTS, does that make them great racers, not always.

Maybe JohnFM should head over there and start the BE thread.

Old 08-25-2003 | 11:03 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Just a open grill ***** and i can't get enough... have I... become... a... Spatula?

Best line EVER!
Old 08-26-2003 | 04:52 AM
johnfm
Drifting

I think the post from the honda board brings up a very important point, especially for BE's and grill junkies in the UK....grilling in the wet??

I know I have done 130+ BE's with no major incidents (no that were my fault, apart from those silly round sauages rolling off the grill when I was t-boned in the spec tomata that I hired), so I know almost everything about wet grilling, but I might be able to impress you all with my vast theoretical insights into the use of slick or wet weather spatulas.

One timed I droved this guys new Paprika Grill master Turbo (he offered, I would NEVER have asked....more than 3 times). Though I only droved it at 8/10s with PSM off, when I finished I had a huge gingival smile on my face! You see,becasue it was wet, I grill with slick spatulas on the left of the grill, and grooved spatulas on the right of the grill. This is my secret to wet weather grilling.

Anyways, none of you guys appreciate any of my thoughts or advices, you are all so closed minded - just becasue I don't have a race licence, have never raced, never won anyhting, you think I am not a racer...htis is really unfair, so I am taking my grill to the ricer boards, where they know the difference between real racing and theory..

.....hey guys, can I use your forum....please.........
Old 08-29-2003 | 04:42 PM
sweanders
Race Director

OMG!!!

I read every post for the first 18 pages.. Then I jumped to the last page..

If I need an instructor I'll get one who has done races and won his class at the N-'ring. If he let's me drive his car I'll drive it. He has already got to drive my car, just as my two other best friends. And one of them was just backing it out of the driveway..

The other one is a Rennlister and probably one of the best friends I'll ever have.
Old 08-29-2003 | 04:50 PM
Geo
Race Director

Originally posted by sweanders
OMG!!!

I read every post for the first 18 pages.. Then I jumped to the last page..

If I need an instructor I'll get one who has done races and won his class at the N-'ring. If he let's me drive his car I'll drive it. He has already got to drive my car, just as my two other best friends. And one of them was just backing it out of the driveway..

The other one is a Rennlister and probably one of the best friends I'll ever have.
Yeah, but we know you wouldn't let them use your BBQ.

<=== (note gingival smile)
Old 09-12-2003 | 03:47 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Okay...I just couldn't resist, I know, the topic was just about DEAD when I was travelling through Maryland and saw this little gem...it was tough, but I got the shot off, resting my digital camera on the dash and putting it on max zoom.

Imagine me, trying to explain to my girlfriend that it's an "inside joke" - oh the perplexed look.

NOW, I know Carrera 51 lives in Maryland, and he's quite familiar with BE...could it be that he had to come out of the closet and post his support for BE to the public??

Okay, I'm going to just sit back and prepare for the death threats by email, the "We HATE Jeff" banners and whatnot...but I just couldn't resist, it was far too good to pass up.

My girlfriend STILL doesn't get it.
Old 09-12-2003 | 08:20 AM
Geo
Race Director

Anybody got any suggestions for getting their wives involved with BE?
Old 09-15-2003 | 09:59 AM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Just when I thought this thread had expired, Jeff has to go resurects it. Nope, the tag isn't mine but, since I am here, I'll tell you what happened at my wife's family reunion, when I attempted to solo at the grille without proper instruction.

We were at a public park and using the built in grille at the picnic site (you know, the old square steel things sitting on a pole next to the pavillion. No fancy 15-way adjustable burners, this bad boy was classic old fashioned charcoal and lighter fluid. I was attempting to handle three burgers and two dogs at the same time. As I was going into turn 1 with burger #1, one of the dogs got away from me. My attempts to correct were not smooth, so I damaged the dog by pinching to aggresively with the tongs. Shortly after, I attempted to flip burger #2 with the tongs, because I didn't feel like looking for the spatula. Well, I damaged burger #2. So now I've got a dog with holes in it, and hamburger that's been pretty much split in half. I was starting to think that I shouldn't have attempted to try and handle an early 70s grille without proper instruction, since I have gotten used to the later model grille we have at home, which has some of the save-your-*** features we take for granted.

However, I was vindicated because I discovered that the grille was not level, leading the the dogs getting away from me. Plus the tongs were crooked and therefore it couldn't possibly have been my lack of proper grille management that led to the damaged hamburger. I wanted to go find the park management so I could suggest that fix this unsafe grille imediately, but I was I figured the mrs. was probably wondering why I had take so long to just go get a hotdog. She would have been embarassed at my lack of proper grille management.
Old 09-15-2003 | 11:57 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Yeah yeah...as stated, I am patiently awaiting the death threats and all things associated with "reviving" this thread.

Notice I still have my radiant gingival smile?

Mark, can I crash at your place and use YOUR racing tires?? ...it's not my fault if I cord one, ultimately the responsibility will be on you to provide me safe, well-balanced tires.
Old 09-15-2003 | 12:09 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Jeff:
I can't lend you my tires since I only have 1 set. I think you could stay at our place. If you are interested, I'll check with the boss. We're in Sterling, about 40 min from SP.
Old 09-15-2003 | 02:48 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Mark!! ...I was just kidding.

I guess I should've said, "I drove/crash you place??"

We've lost sight of this post/thread...can I drove your car though??

As for tires, well, that's a whole nuther story.

My heart says "YES!!" - my bank account "NO!!"
Old 09-15-2003 | 03:49 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Jeff:
There are still spots available in all race groups if you change your mind.
Old 09-15-2003 | 04:17 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

...I'm so damned JEALOUS!!

Maybe I can mentor you...for each tenth of a second I take off your times you buy me a tire?

If you don't drop your times, at least I got to drove your car!

...again with the radiant gigival smile.
Old 09-15-2003 | 05:10 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Will the tenth of a second drop in my times be related to club racing, or BE.
Old 09-15-2003 | 06:11 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

BOTH!!

That'll be a FULL set of Michelin Pilot Sport Cups PLEASE.

Quick Reply: open letter