Notices

open letter

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003 | 09:27 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally posted by bystander
Guys,

I knew this all sounded too familiar, Ghettoracer's track life is model after the movie TOP GUN.
*blush* ok I admit it, I've watched Top Gun many times... and I enjoye the movie a lot. One of the quotes I like in there "A good pilot always evaluates what's happened so he can apply what he's learned."

Sub pilot for driver.

Ok... I can just imagine what the mentioning of Top Gun could cause... but whatever, you guys have fun with it.
Old 08-07-2003 | 01:17 PM
Geo
Race Director

Originally posted by GhettoRacer
You don't have to drive a car at 10/10th to describe the balance of a car. 8/10th speed will tell plenty.
The balance of a car can and often does change from 8/10 to 10/10.
Old 08-07-2003 | 04:32 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Nevermind...
Old 08-07-2003 | 05:58 PM
DAR951
Pro

Originally posted by GhettoRacer
... so actually i wonder why i bother with this post. i guess it must make you guys feel good to put somebody down even though you guys don't know me at all personally.
Just couldn't stand it that this post wasn't at the top of the list and he wasn't the center of attention (doesn't matter if it's good or bad)... had to dig it up and post some stale retort to bump it back up to where he's noticed again...

too funny... too sad.
Old 08-07-2003 | 08:32 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Hey GhettoRacer, I owe you a commission.

It seems that the multi-talented Frank has not only managed to get fired (or uninvited) from almost every group he has ever claimed to have taught for (How about updating the status of all those clubs you listed on your website Frank), but he is drumming up business as well.

Since GR's original post, I have received three requests to coach someone for cash. One of them read GR's challenge and thought it was a good idea, but not with Frank, so he asked if I would coach for money per second plus expenses. I guess he liked my posts better than Franks so I think I should pay Frank a commission.

Thanks Frank, and keep posting - I like the extra money.
Old 08-07-2003 | 09:09 PM
johnfm
Drifting

Frankie keeps digging
the hole it has no limit
eight tenths or deeper?
Old 08-08-2003 | 07:20 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally posted by Geo
The balance of a car can and often does change from 8/10 to 10/10.
Very true and I agree. So my review of the RS was simply that, how a high performance machine felt at the hands of a amature driver going 8/10th (if that) or so. And how a student with less than 1 year of experience driving it at ~1:25 lap speed felt.

Would've been great if I got to ride with Auberlen or Wagner to see in person how the pro's do it at 10/10th...
Old 08-08-2003 | 07:27 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Cool Mark. You're buying lunch next time then. Why would I care if I get uninvited? I'm doing THEM a favor, remember?! It works both ways... I've got more than enough DE seat times. It's good that I have slightly fewer events to goto. Now I can focus on my business a little more. Try to make some $ and go race instead of teaching something I love for free mostly (well I earned a lot of free seat time from instructing and made lots of friends).

The satisfication rate of my past students is so high that I have friends at every event I goto. Keep on trying to distort the truth, I don't care.

a friend of mine sent me this vid recently. what is wrong with it??

http://www.ghettoracer.com/events/sv...ears-e36m3.wmv

ps, so you like my challenge idea ehh? isn't it great? i wonder why nobody has taken it... maybe they're afraid of the truth.

Last edited by GhettoRacer; 08-08-2003 at 07:43 AM.
Old 08-08-2003 | 07:46 AM
DAR951
Pro

Narcissism revisited:

"The narcissist likes to talk about himself and only about himself. He is not interested in what others have to tell him about themselves. He might pretend to be interested.... He acts bored, disdainful, even angry, if he feels an intrusion and abuse of his precious time. In general, the narcissist is a very impatient person, easily bored, with strong attention deficits – unless and until he is the topic of discussion.

Devoid of systematic and methodical education, the narcissist tries to make do with pompous, or aggressive mannerisms, bombastic announcements, and the unnecessary and wrong usage of professional jargon. He attempts to dazzle his surroundings with apparent "brilliance" and to put possible critics on the defence. Beneath all this he is shallow, devoid of real knowledge, improvising, and fearful of being exposed as deceitful. The narcissist is a conjurer of verbosity, using sleight of mouth rather than sleight of hand. He is ever possessed of the inner sensation that he is really a petty crook about to be unearthed and reviled by society."

Busted...
Old 08-08-2003 | 12:05 PM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

Narcissism is a serious and debilitating personality disorder - it destroys lives and families. It is not possible to diagnose it over the Internet no matter how close it seems to "fit" someone.

If you're not a psychologist and you got a copy of DSM-IV from Amazon.com then so be it - all in good fun.

But, if you're a professional mental healthcare provider you should be ashamed to make such a serious diagnosis like this on a public Internet forum.
Old 08-08-2003 | 12:14 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Lunch?? ...hell GR, with that kind of bling Mark should AT LEAST let you drive his car!??

C'mon GR, quit giving them fuel for the fire!!

JC, I'm sure DAR951 is just having fun "cyber-diagnosing"...but it seems to fit well! (the "gingival smile" thing still gets me)

As a sidenote Mark...I raced my Toyota WSR against a Radical this past weekend in two races, hands down...that Radical KICKED MY BUTT!!

What a nice guy though, he was "borrowing" it from an acquaintance that had it up for sale, he sure got a few miles in on the thing, just incredible. It was a two-seater as well. I couldn't believe that the seats were just fiberglass buckets?? He says you can get padding for them but he liked just using the buckets - strange.

Nice cars you guys at Midlife Crisis Racing have...I checked out your site.

Now that I've kissed yer butt a little, can I drive your car?? You know I can't afford one, so I figure I'll just use yours??
Old 08-08-2003 | 01:08 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

GR - Lunch - No problem, I'll even SuperSize it for you. Not a bad deal - I made over $3k plus a paid track day due to your silly website and you get lunch.
Old 08-08-2003 | 01:14 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Jeff Curtis
Now that I've kissed yer butt a little, can I drive your car?? You know I can't afford one, so I figure I'll just use yours??
Not until you learn how to ask properly. Try:

"Dude, can I drove your car?" Then keep asking over and over and over.

The Radicals are fun, but you know that since they are not all that much different than the WSR. Too bad SCCA does not have a place where that car is competitive as I think it was a great package. As strong as an SRF, but way faster.
Old 08-08-2003 | 01:17 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Default Sorry...

...I neglected to use the proper "language" or vernacular!

Guess I'm not "GHETTO" enough?
Old 08-08-2003 | 09:48 PM
DAR951
Pro

Originally posted by JC in NY
... if you're a professional mental healthcare provider you should be ashamed to make such a serious diagnosis like this on a public Internet forum.
OUCH! I'm not a doctor, BUT I play one when I surf WebMD...

Quick Reply: open letter