Notices

KIVA, a good non profit for micro loan...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 08:41 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KIVA, a good non profit for micro loan...

Remember this year's Nobel Peace Prize winner Muhammed Yunus & Grameen Bank. They created a micro credit/loan program to help people to help themselves. It is a great concept. I just saw this ad for a place call Kiva which appears to be on the same concept. You should check it out... It seems like a good way to really help people who are ready to help themselves.

http://www.kiva.org
Old 02-28-2007, 08:44 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

ps, hopefully the tards don't mess up this thread. if so, it shows how ignorant they truly are.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:46 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

On a related note.... how capitalism affects the world. This is a fantastic article about Capitalism (Anti-Capitalism, rather). I found it because Dr. Kowalski is an expert on the Stone Age Hand Axe study.

http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/w/x/wxk116/antic/
Old 02-28-2007, 08:48 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
ps, hopefully the tards don't mess up this thread. if so, it shows how ignorant they truly are.
Well sorry Dung Pile, I am going to "show how ignorant they (the threads you are starting on your Mushroom high) truly are". You appear to have gone completely crazy, my orange haired loser-boy friend. I would get rid of the stuff you brought back with you......

Last edited by Bull; 02-28-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:18 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Frank, you don't want to know...

This is a fantastic article about Capitalism (Anti-Capitalism, rather). I found it because Dr. Kowalski is an expert on the Stone Age Hand Axe study.
Isn't that always the truth, the experts on capitalism are also experts on Stone Age Hand Axes?
Old 02-28-2007, 09:27 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 787 Likes on 401 Posts

micro loans are very interesting. Will it change the world? Highly unlikely. But it may change a small % of peoples lives. Having spent som time in 3rd world countries, I can tell you first hand, it does not take much $s at all to make a huge difference.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

OK Dung, i just knew you were from some Communist Ghetto ....who pulled you over?????
Old 02-28-2007, 09:55 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by 38D
micro loans are very interesting. Will it change the world? Highly unlikely. But it may change a small % of peoples lives. Having spent som time in 3rd world countries, I can tell you first hand, it does not take much $s at all to make a huge difference.
Which 3rd world countries? And how long were you there? Overall I think Americans are great givers... I do not know the stats but lot of people donate. However, there are also gazillion of non-profits and lot of them are very in-efficient. The reason I like KIVA is they seem to be super efficient and they are taking advantage of the Internet technology.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:57 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Frank, you don't want to know...

Isn't that always the truth, the experts on capitalism are also experts on Stone Age Hand Axes?
I forgot if you graduated to the honor roll yet. But since you are speaking non-turd/tard like for once... maybe you have a chance. Anyway, what don't I want to know? Please elaborate.

I do not know Dr. Kowalski, however, it looks like he is a very educated person and he is also caring. Definitely a well above average human being, or shall we say, an advanced Home Sapian. Heheh.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:43 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

This is a great video about feeding the homeless.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1743880/
Old 02-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

The orange coiffed salad tosser has gone totally off the reservation with this one.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:01 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Well, it appears that we have tried to make sense of non-sense, and all we have accomplished is to push the young man completely over the edge...not a hard push at all.

I still wonder why we never hear from any of his track "friends", supporters etc. Could it be that he is the loaner he appears to be?

Francis, you still truly suck!
Old 02-28-2007, 11:02 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

ohh shaddup bull****. i fight my own battles. are you planning to enter the GCC? i sure hope so, i really want to smoke your *** for the poor kids of the world. please join.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
Well, it appears that we have tried to make sense of non-sense, and all we have accomplished is to push the young man completely over the edge...not a hard push at all.

I still wonder why we never hear from any of his track "friends", supporters etc. Could it be that he is the loaner he appears to be?

Francis, you still truly suck!

Oh, I have spoken to his "friends": Brad, James, Craig, et al.

They all say the same thing.

Which is why Carrot Top has been banned by pretty much every DE group on the west coast.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:44 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Default I might be racing in Japan sooner than I think heheheh.

So, I'm back in Tokyo. It was suppose just to be a 4 hour layover from Taipei in transit to LAX. But I smooched my way into extending the stay and I don't have to pay any penalty fee. I love you ANA. Best airline in the world!!

So I just found out that Super GT (better known as JGTC before) will have its first round race coming up March 17/18th weekend @ Suzuka. I have decided to stay for the race! The reason is multi fold - Suzuka is one of the best tracks in the world and Formula 1 used to race there. I think F1 races at Fuji now?! Honda, my favorite car maker, owns Suzuka. I also will probably visit Honda's other race track while I'm at it... the Twin Twin Motegi. Honda museum is there.

I have a feeling I will make many important contacts here on this trip. It will benefit in my plan to become a pro race car driver globally. I love Tokyo so much I want to move here in 2008...

Quick Reply: KIVA, a good non profit for micro loan...