Notices

Put it back!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smlporsche
Now can the rest of us get back to bench racing??
My bench is faster than your bench.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:32 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Think of a summer afternoon 20 min thunderstorm. You were mowing the lawn in 90 deg heat but now are sitting with your feet up having a cold beer having watched the storm on your covered back porch. You are nice a dry but for a wisp of cool mist now and then while you were being entertained by all the lightning and thunder and trees waving around. The air temp has now dropped about 15 deg and there is a slightly electric fresh ozone smell in the now softly blowing air as the sun sets with warm reds and purples glowing through dramatic clusters of quickly parting clouds. Ahaaaa. (exit mental vision with sound of the evenings crickets starting up and the pfisss-snick of ice cold long neck bottle of beer number two being opened)

Thanks John.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,612 Likes on 837 Posts

Just the other day, when Patrick Dempsey called me to ask my advice on dealing with the hordes of women hitting on him at races, I was reminded that my motto is the antithesis of GhettoRicer's: To paraphrase Teddy (that's Roosevelt, not Kennedy)--walk softly & smite the ladies with my big stick.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt M
Think of a summer afternoon 20 min thunderstorm. You were mowing the lawn in 90 deg heat but now are sitting with your feet up having a cold beer having watched the storm on your covered back porch. You are nice a dry but for a wisp of cool mist now and then while you were being entertained by all the lightning and thunder and trees waving around. The air temp has now dropped about 15 deg and there is a slightly electric fresh ozone smell in the now softly blowing air as the sun sets with warm reds and purples glowing through dramatic clusters of quickly parting clouds. Ahaaaa. (exit mental vision with sound of the evenings crickets starting up and the pfisss-snick of ice cold long neck bottle of beer number two being opened)

Thanks John.
You get A
Old 02-05-2007, 09:52 PM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

That brought tears to my eyes!

Originally Posted by kurt M

Thanks John.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:09 PM
aeshultz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotta love this place.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:07 AM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

You know, the other day when I was talking to Jack Black about this dud(e) on a Porsche BB call Ghetto Racer, he had a good comment.

He said "Billy boy" (we're tight as friends go) "this Ghetto Racer dude reminds me of a wet fart. You know, they are absolutley horriffic when they are around, but afterwards you can't stop laughing and telling your friends about them so that they can laugh as well".

I said "JB" (like I said, we're tight, so we use nicknames) "you are one insightful dude. Now pull my finger."
Old 02-07-2007, 02:53 AM
2bridges
Drifting

Old 02-07-2007, 02:35 PM
gman1868
Instructor

It was fun while it lasted. Who will annoy us now? Let us not get angry, at least don't show it here. Nothing zings better than a calm pleasant retort in the face of stupidity.

Now on to fulfill the great commission of Sir Rodney King "Can't we just all get along?"

Old 02-11-2007, 09:19 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

As much as I 'liked' reading the Ghetto threads...ya know...like watching a train wreck.

...I ain't gonna miss it ONE bit.

I never thought people like him really existed.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:11 PM
BlackWidow964
Instructor

Does anyone know if GR actually is still involved with any DE organizations here on the west coast? It may be helpful for the innocent to know - so they can avoid him, and hopefully the knowledge of his association, and resulting fallout, will influence the organizers to ban him. Eventually, no one on the west coast will allow him to instruct I hope, nor the opportunity that Colm so inteligently avoided. I spent many DE days at Thunderhill last year as a newbie - thankfully avoiding the now infamous GR. I would not have known....and it makes me shudder to think what might have been.

Last edited by BlackWidow964; 02-13-2007 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Misspelling (and forgot to name-drop)
Old 02-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,612 Likes on 837 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackWidow964
Does anyone know if GR actually is still involved with any DE organizations here on the west coast? It may be helpful for the innocent to know - so they can avoid him, and hopefully the knowledge of his association, and resulting fallout, will influence the organizers to ban him. Eventually, no one on the west coast will allow him to instruct I hope, nor the opportunity that Colm so inteligently avoided. I spent may DE days at Thunderhill last year as a newbie - thankfully avoiding the now infamous GR. I would not have known....and it makes me shudder to think what might have been.

Y'know, this morning, while I was giving AJ Foyt a refresher course on heel & toe downshifting, I was wondering the exact same thing.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:07 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

^^^hahahaha I forgot about that.

Ya know, while I was chatting with Marco Andretti yesterday, his name never came up either. (true story actually)
Old 02-13-2007, 01:44 AM
GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by smlporsche
Now can the rest of us get back to bench racing??
Can I drove your bench?
Old 02-13-2007, 09:47 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
Can I drove your bench?
Sure!
Attached Images  
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Quick Reply: Put it back!