Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   "HEY, WAIT FOR ME" Racing Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/hey-wait-for-me-racing-forum-146/)
-   -   Put it back! (https://rennlist.com/forums/hey-wait-for-me-racing-forum/328284-put-it-back.html)

PogueMoHone 02-02-2007 01:24 AM

Put it back!

John D,

To maintain the integrity of Rennlist you are absolutley required to put the "open letter" thread back.

The education, pain and joy this thread has provided to readers is priceless.

I remember being at Laguna Seca, as a novice and not wanting to be an asshole by refusing to let people drive my car when Frank and Todd tried to impress upon me how experienced they were; and how they could help me, driving my GT2.

With great anguish, I avoided them (didn't want to an asshole, even though I can be) but after I thought about it, not easy in the heat of the moment, I really resented the pressure I was put under but, as a result of this thread, appreciated my strength of character in refusing despite the discomfort.

The 'open letter" serves as a great lesson, not to the experienced, but to the inexperienced (track rookie) as to how things are not always what they appear and require that 'common sense' must be exercised.

To help (and protect) newbies by instilling a practical and critical viewpoint is a noble goal for Rennlist. The open letter achieves this and, I believe, gives even the most experienced instructor (or should) pause and perspective about driving a student's car.

Long live Rennlist!

GhettoRacer 02-02-2007 02:04 AM

Have you gone to any other track event since that one weekend Colm?
Edit by John D.

This post has been removed and GhettoRacer banned.

Well, I should get off the air now... just waiting to dyno tune my car at the shop.

aeshultz 02-02-2007 08:49 AM

Great "Instructor" attitude, Frank. Cut a rookie student down publicly, and then brag about your own stuff.
You're a tool. I'm glad you're on the Left Coast, and out of our area. But next time you feel like coming to Mid-Ohio....warn us.
Alan

Jeff Curtis 02-02-2007 08:56 AM

OMG, now an online assessment of your Student...how unprofessional, yeah Ghetto, that should set the record straight - you are most definitely an ass in my book, no doubt there. :rolleyes:

kurt M 02-02-2007 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer

If you want my honest opinion... this might sting a little bit. You were so slow on track that day you were almost dangerous... you were going down the cork screw at like 15 miles an hour. When I rode with you, I was watching the mirrors for you. I saw 4-5 cars behind you that came up really fast. They nearly rear ended you. Granted, it they had hit you, it would've been their fault... but still... there is a point where one can go too slow and become dangerous to themselve and to others.

There was no need to beat around the bush. It's YOUR car. You can let anybody, or NOT let anybody drive it. Just learn to say no thanks. It's not a big deal. Believe it or not, Todd (well, I shouldn't speak for him...) and I had our intentions to help speed up your learning curve. If you don't believe me, oh well. Sure I always love to get some time in cool cars, but that's just icing on the cake.

I don't think you went for rides in anybody else's car that day.... riding with others is a great way to learn.

Well, I should get off the air now... just waiting to dyno tune my car at the shop.

Instructors in training take note of this post. This is a case study in how not to correct or inform a student. The informative content is obscured and rendered ineffective by Frank breaking many of the major rules of instruction, public correction and self promotion to point out just two.

shiners780 02-02-2007 09:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I thought it was brought back, now it's gone again???

TD in DC 02-02-2007 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by kurt M
Instructors in training take note of this post. This is a case study in how not to correct or inform a student. The informative content is obscured and rendered ineffective by Frank breaking many of the major rules of instruction, public correction and self promotion to point out just two.

It reminds me of parents who punish their kids because the parents are pissed or out of control themselves rather than parents who correct their kids because they want them to become better people.

Wow.

BTW. Colm is NOT talking about me. :roflmao:

John and Bill,

The sad truth is that failure to put the open letter thread back will only result in the spreading of GR garbage across multiple threads rather than keeping them concentrated basically in one funny thread that people can avoid when they have had their fill of Ghetto.

Larry Herman 02-02-2007 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by TD in DC
BTW. Colm is NOT talking about me. :roflmao:

No, he's talking about the other lawyer Todd. :D

Bull 02-02-2007 09:31 AM

If you want my honest opinion... this might sting a little bit. You were so slow on track that day you were almost dangerous... you were going down the cork screw at like 15 miles an hour. When I rode with you, I was watching the mirrors for you. I saw 4-5 cars behind you that came up really fast. They nearly rear ended you. Granted, it they had hit you, it would've been their fault... but still... there is a point where one can go too slow and become dangerous to themselve and to others.

There was no need to beat around the bush. It's YOUR car. You can let anybody, or NOT let anybody drive it. Just learn to say no thanks. It's not a big deal. Believe it or not, Todd (well, I shouldn't speak for him...) and I had our intentions to help speed up your learning curve. If you don't believe me, oh well. Sure I always love to get some time in cool cars, but that's just icing on the cake.

I don't think you went for rides in anybody else's car that day.... riding with others is a great way to learn.

Anybody who allows this complete A-Hole Loser to instruct in any event in the future has got to be out of their mind! I wouldn't let him into an event to clean the urinals!

Veloce Raptor 02-02-2007 10:11 AM

Wow. You have reached a new low, Francis. I didn't think you had it in you, but you have exceeded all expectations.

You, sir, are the scum of the earth. How DARE you lecture ANYONE about being "slow" or "dangerous" on track, after we all have seen the on track videos & photos you have posted of yourself?

You are a menace. It is not surprising that Craig & Brad & James and so many others I have contacted about you after you posted pictures of you with them have all said "Frank Lin is a pretty crappy driver and he routinely abuses others' cars. That is why we have not invited him back."

mitch236 02-02-2007 10:14 AM

I have to admit that I felt very sorry for Colm when I read Frank's ill advised post. I'm not sure what instructor's program Frank went through but I sincerely hope it wasn't ours. Shame on you Frank for trying to publicly humiliate a fellow driver. I don't care if what you say is true or not, you should keep those negative comments between you and your student. And besides, there are many drivers who really don't care to be the fastest guy out there. They are happy just to push a little on a race track and that is fine, as long as they are safe.

Frank, act like a professional and edit your post before everyone here reads it. It is disgusting.

jimculp 02-02-2007 10:15 AM

Bad form GR. You should'nt be allowed to instruct anyone.

cooleyjb 02-02-2007 10:19 AM

Can we get a mod to edit the post and all subsequent ones that have quoted it.

Sean F 02-02-2007 10:19 AM

I like GR's approach

1) post crazy/innacurate information that could lead a newbie astray
2) get called on it by people who know what they're talking about
3) resort to vain attempts to prove otherwise by posting pictures with famous racers
4) when that doesn't work, insult and riducle your accusers
5) when all else fails, ask the mods to take down your posts that provide a solid reference point for any newbie who might fall for your bad advice
6) continue with usual nonsense after all the evidence is destroyed

forklift 02-02-2007 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by cooleyjb
Can we get a mod to edit the post and all subsequent ones that have quoted it.

+1