Sponsored by: APR

Best Track Times in a GT4

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 03:32 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 610 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by boxer-11
I'd like to submit a new personal best at The Ridge Motorsports Park (Shelton, WA) from yesterday: 1:51.96. The car is still completely stock, including factory alignment. Dunlop rubber this time though.
A major time improvement, congratulations Boxer 11. You have won the gold metal !
Old 02-15-2018, 06:09 PM
Jaybird33
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by matttheboatman
Jaybird - can you tell me what course at Willow Springs this was, vs your 1:26 time in post #1086? What tires are you running and what mods beside that throaty exhaust. Thanks!
The 1:26 was at Streets of Willow (the small track). Randy Probst did a 1:21 during a GT4 track test for comparison. Figuring he's a pro and I was on bad rubber I like my chances for improvement.

The 1:33 is on "Big Willow" the track considered one of the fastest tracks in the US per avg lap speeds. Its an experience in courage 130mph turn-in on a bumpy track is something else, but very fun. I'm headed back to the both tracks May and June to drop my times

The 1:33 was done on Michelin Cup 2's. The car has DSC Sport, Tarret Clubsport "A" package which is front bump steer, rear toe links, 16mm shims, and front caster pucks (which I didnt use). The car is lowered. -3.1 front camber / -2.7 rear. Zero front toe, 4mm rear toe. Braille 15lbs battery, Tillett B5 seats (they're works of art and extremely light), and track exhuast (rear mufflers deleted). Stock pads (going to PFC in March)
Old 02-18-2018, 04:49 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

My all stock GT4 except with Kumho Ecsta PS91 street tires...I wish I had more grip!

I ran a 2:28 on lap 3 (my personal best so far) at Sebring today in solo blue with Chin.

^That was a track-prepped CTSV w/ the 650hp LT4 in front of me... eventually caught up and got a point-by later in lap 4.

Last edited by Bossing; 02-18-2018 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:25 AM
RaceDevelopementCenter
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Bossing
My all stock GT4 except with Kumho Ecsta PS91 street tires...I wish I had more grip!

I ran a 2:28 on lap 3 (my personal best so far) at Sebring today in solo blue with Chin.

^That was a track-prepped CTSV w/ the 650hp LT4 in front of me... eventually caught up and got a point-by later in lap 4.
We saw your GT4 our there today and your car looked beautiful . If you are looking for alittle more grip, shoot us an email and I will be able to help you utilize some of the components on your GT4 alittle better and make your track experience even that more pleasant

Info@rennsport-one.com
Old 02-25-2018, 05:00 PM
aualexa2
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

Road Atlanta on 2/24/18
Stock MPSC2s
1:39.96

Old 02-25-2018, 11:03 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RaceDevelopementCenter
We saw your GT4 our there today and your car looked beautiful . If you are looking for alittle more grip, shoot us an email and I will be able to help you utilize some of the components on your GT4 alittle better and make your track experience even that more pleasant

Info@rennsport-one.com
Hey Justin,

Congratulations on your win at Daytona this year - the No 28 RS1 GT4 Clubsport was awesome! Made Porsche owners proud! Those "no-name" drivers said the win was 'cause you'll cracked the code this winter on setting up the Cayman run its best! Just kidding about the drivers - it was special to watch them drive. Spencer Pumpelly and Dillon Machavern are wicked fast.

Can I lean on you a bit and ask you to share some of your thoughts of what makes your Cayman so fast?

I no nothing about setting up a race car, but from purely an onlookers perspective, it appeared the RS1 Cayman had a certain amount of extra body roll up to a point, and then it was glued to the track - as if Spencer could put it on its edge and then simply carve through the corner with extreme confidence. Tell us please!!!
Old 02-28-2018, 11:45 AM
moveswiftly
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Road Atlanta - 1:40.99 - First time at RAT, Bridgestone RE71-R Tires. 2-24-18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLBt...ature=youtu.be

Sebring - 2:27.98 - 1-27-18 - Bridgestone RE71-R Tires.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:48 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 939 Likes on 544 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawk Yama
Here is my best lap at Chin COTA HPDE this weekend.
2m27.19s (ambient temp: 57F)
OE size RE71R (245,295), DSC V2 PASM controller, Fabspeed rear wing riser (new!), all stock other than that. ARB setting is mid/firm.
Wasn't able to match jslee225's lap time so hats off to him!! If I was able to combine everything together I could see 27 flat but it didn't happen this time.

Another thing i need to confess is that I changed S/F line to back stretch for my optimal lap... Here is why. On my first hot lap, one GT3 just outpit in front of me and even went wide at exit so I had to go off the track... Next lap, I got a big sideways at T3 (the track had more undulation than last time I drove in March last year). The following lap was almost 0.4 sec ahead until backstretch but caught a slow traffic... After that, the tires lost some grip so my session was over. The next session was kind of similar condition but I wasn't able to make a hotlap since I needed to come back to be a check ride instructor.

Here is a video starting before normal S/F until 2nd lap back stretch.
https://youtu.be/RJEkz8K1K-U

The rear riser made the car absolutely planted more at high speed corners and the balance wasn't too bad until front tire gets hot. As my front tires are still the one used at TWS last year (swapped left and right for even wear though), it didn't grip very much at large slip angle so maybe it's better balance with a new set (rear was used for MSR Cresson and H2R then being swapped). Also I did some back to back PASM controller comparison during the event (DSC vs stock). I didn't see much difference for single corner but DSC had smoother lateral transition especially at esses.
Holey toledo! Nice lap! I better get off my coat tails this weekend at the "Carrera of the Americas".

I was at cresson last weekend, and man that track is tough when it's wet...on hoosiers.

Originally Posted by electron mike
Watching you guys fly around COTA makes me really miss my GT4. Josh, Hawk, and Martin - very nice driving! Very impressive Martin for only your second trip to the track!

Learn from me though, don't ever sell your GT4s unless it's for another one!
This car is darn near perfect...just needs a manic top end like the 997 RS had.

There is always more cars
Old 03-03-2018, 10:04 PM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 475 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by moveswiftly

Nice lap for your first time at Road ATL!

I'm still not as fast a Sportlife, but getting better.

Name:  vKfuxdG.png
Views: 84
Size:  554.0 KB

Here's 20min of passing 20 BMWs
Old 03-04-2018, 12:36 AM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jaybird33
The 1:26 was at Streets of Willow (the small track). Randy Probst did a 1:21 during a GT4 track test for comparison. Figuring he's a pro and I was on bad rubber I like my chances for improvement.

The 1:33 is on "Big Willow" the track considered one of the fastest tracks in the US per avg lap speeds. Its an experience in courage 130mph turn-in on a bumpy track is something else, but very fun. I'm headed back to the both tracks May and June to drop my times
Got it updated!

Originally Posted by Bossing

On the board!

Originally Posted by aualexa2
Road Atlanta on 2/24/18
Stock MPSC2s
1:39.96
Nice, on the board!

Originally Posted by moveswiftly

Thats some smooth driving moveswiftly! On the board.

Originally Posted by GeoJoe
Nice lap for your first time at Road ATL!

I'm still not as fast a Sportlife, but getting better.

Here's 20min of passing 20 BMWs
https://youtu.be/Rn7WVyELoBU
Nice consistent wicked-fast laps GeoJoe! Updated.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:23 AM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Received 618 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
This car is darn near perfect...just needs a manic top end like the 997 RS had.

There is always more cars
Agreed on both accounts, but for me the grass was dead on the other side of the fence. The three cars I took on track since my GT4 either broke or overheated, so I'm missing my track fix while begging for a GT3/4 allocation.

​​
Old 03-05-2018, 11:43 PM
Hawk Yama
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks ShakeNBake. Hope to see you on a track next time!! I'm going to Cresson in a few weeks when Chin has their very first event there but on a different car...
Old 03-06-2018, 12:15 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 939 Likes on 544 Posts

Was at COTA this weekend and lucked upon a fast lap. It's worse driving and in traffic, but it was much colder than my previous best - so car was stronger and muscled its way to a faster lap.

Comparison (red) to previous best (blue). You can clearly see the impact of the cold temps on power in the straights. Pretty much everywhere I was driving at a lower pace...but power made up for it.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:04 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,415 Likes on 756 Posts

Nice clean and smooth lap!
Old 03-06-2018, 07:17 PM
jslee225
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
Was at COTA this weekend and lucked upon a fast lap. It's worse driving and in traffic, but it was much colder than my previous best - so car was stronger and muscled its way to a faster lap.
https://youtu.be/cvndaOGzRaY

Comparison (red) to previous best (blue). You can clearly see the impact of the cold temps on power in the straights. Pretty much everywhere I was driving at a lower pace...but power made up for it.
https://youtu.be/_yTxJ_QV3lQ

Quick Reply: Best Track Times in a GT4